Forums

Topic: Which game do you REGRET buying the most?

Posts 101 to 120 of 138

BubbleDragon_UK

The Crazy Chicken Shooter Bundle for the PS5. I am going to heartily suggest that this may be the worst "game" ever to be released on the PS5. It is basic even for a flash game, lacks content and isn’t even fun in multiplayer. I am all for budget games having grown up when you could pick up a title for £2.99 for your computer from the local newsagents to wind a few hours away but this isn't even worth that much.

BubbleDragon_UK

Twitter:

sorteddan

@DualSense_Net
Never heard of it, unsurprisingly...even the title screams low quality. With random budget games you see in the sales I would recommend you scour the net for a review or two to avoid similar disasters in the future.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BubbleDragon_UK

@sorteddan it was cheap. I cannot resist picking up "bargains". Another pickup was Panda Hero also for the PS5. It gave me an existential crisis about the whole concept of playing games as a hobby it's that bad. Still marginally better than Crazy Chicken.

BubbleDragon_UK

Twitter:

Lavalera

@DualSense sad to hear. The original series moorhuhn, which started out as a German/Dutch, game was pretty popular around here in the late 90s early 2000. Was basically some sort of duck hunt type of game which was fun at that time. But I can understand that type of game doesn't hold up anymore in modern time and age

PSNid: Lavalera

TheIdleCritic

I wish I'd saved a video of this - I bought the remaster of XIII. The original game meant a lot to me due to its connection with personal matters and family. I even have a PC version wrapped and unopened to this day.

On the first level of the game (the bank flashback), I lined up the crosshairs directly on to the back of an enemy's head. I threw an ashtray at him. It flew past the top of his head. I traded the game in the next day. I lost money buying that game but I didn't care. I didn't want it in my house a second longer.

Microids will always be a trash company in my eyes after that - although having said that I did just buy the physical version of Sifu, but thankfully they just published that.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

sorteddan

@DualSense
Yeah I agree I also love a bargain cheap game in the sales. Just saying there are some excellent games that can be picked up for a couple of quid regularly in the PS Store sales, but you may need to do sone research to separate the good from the bloody terrible, how was this even made type of experience.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BubbleDragon_UK

@sorteddan I've had some good experiences buying cheap games on a whim...others not so much. If I read reviews then it spoils the fun.

BubbleDragon_UK

Twitter:

KilloWertz

@TheIdleCritic They just published that steaming turd of a XIII remake though too. Microids only published the physical version of Sifu, so they kind of got lucky with that one in a sense.

Still, after your experience with XIII, I'd be very reluctant to buy anything they publish as well.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

VivianXD2464

@TheIdleCritic Every FF game has dissapointed me. I mostly like RPG games but FF is not one of them.
Some few and good RPG games I've played are-:
Spider-Man Remastered
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Demon Souls
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us
God Of War
Grand Turismo Sport
Grand Turismo 7
These games just feel not 'orignal' and fun too play.

Edited on by VivianXD2464

"Dwight You Ignorant Slut!"

PSN: VivianXD2464

VivianXD2464

Gotham Knights. Was extremely hyped for the game, even preordered it. Disappointed af. Never seen a worse AAA title even in my life, my disappointment is unmeasurable and my day is ruined. The gameplay trailer and everything looked do good. Couldn't believe what i saw when started playing a game. The UI is like a Ubisoft mobile game.

RogerRoger

@VivianXD2464 Oh, damn. I'm real sorry you didn't like it. Hopefully it's new enough that you'll be able to get a decent trade-in value for your copy! Or did you go digital?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

VivianXD2464

@RogerRoger Unfortunately... I buy all my games digital, so no trade-in value for me...

RogerRoger

@VivianXD2464 Rats. That's unfortunate. PSN really needs to implement a refund policy for those who haven't played more than an hour of a digital release.

In the meantime... well, I just hope Gotham Knights gets some updates that help!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jammsbro

RDR2 was a massive letdown. Although I eventually went on to enjoy the online mode a fair bit.

But, No man sky. Expectations of a huge universe to just go out and explore was all I wanted. Instead, I got a super slow and tedious material farm and craft game. So much of a letdown.

Jammsbro

RogerRoger

@Jammsbro Out of interest, have you returned to No Man's Sky since all of its well-received patches, updates and expansions? I had a similar reaction to you, even though I arrived quite late, and yet keep seeing praise lavished upon it, to the point where I reckon I should give it another shot.

Making It So Since 1987

MB81

@RogerRoger I’m thinking about giving it a try, but in every video or stream the player is just farming or building based on planet. I’m far more interested in space exploration.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

colonelkilgore

@Jammsbro I felt the same way as you about RDR2 back at release but I had some time on my hands this summer and gave it another go. It was phenomenal mate, one of the best narratives and open world-systems anywhere… it’s just a bit slow is all.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@MB81 Yeah, I've heard that the mechanics of the various updates focus on those elements a lot, and that you're required to engage in that side of the game to be able to unlock space stations and stable sources of fuel and whatnot. Like you, the biggest appeal to me was "boldly going where no-one had gone before" and when I realised how much work was required to do that, I gave up.

Apparently, there are about six different game modes to pick from now, though, so I might just abandon my old save and start over with whichever mode gets me closest to my dream.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore did you start RDR2 from the beginning when you started playing it again or pick up where you left off?

It's one of those games I bought on launch day during a busy few months, played a bit of it but never picked it back up. Not that I have it in the pipeline any time soon but I wonder if I should just start playing from where I was or start it again.

See ya!

KilloWertz

Anything that @ralphdibny recommends....

Seriously though, the only one that comes to mind that I've gotten this year would be Death Stranding: Director's Cut. Technically I got it for free, but it could still qualify since I used Sony Rewards points on it. The gameplay didn't click with me much at all, but I may give is a second chance someday when things calm down.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic