Forums

Topic: Which game do you REGRET buying the most?

Posts 121 to 138 of 138

ralphdibny

I actually bought sonic frontiers the other day for £28 in Asda. I somewhat regret it but I haven't really given it a chance. The reason why I bought it is that I tend to find the modern Sonic games that ape more successful games to be the best ones e.g. Sonic Lost World -> Mario Galaxy/DKCR

I thought Frontiers looked a lot like BOTW so I thought it might be decent. So far I'm unimpressed but I will play it some more/complete it to give it a fair shake. Things I'm disappointed in include the cyberspace levels I've played so far which are just normal modern Sonic levels and also the frame rate was headache inducing until I switched it into performance mode so I guess that's ok now at least. I suppose I wish I waited for a bigger sale on it.

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny so I was part way through chapter 3 when I initially tapped-out and I just continued from that save when I started back up. Though I did end up replaying the vast majority of chapter 1 & 2 missions while I was going for all the mission gold medals.

The biggest thing that I would say with Red Dead Redemption 2 is to start it at a time when you know you will have a lot of time on your hands. It’s not the kind of game that you can squeeze-in, or rush through… you’ll just end up feeling really frustrated if you do (as I did initially in 2018). I’d save it for one of those rare times, when you have nothing but time and have no idea what to do with it.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore haha fair enough, so probably never then! Kidding of course, I'm sure I'll find a nice stretch of free time at some point!

I'm not sure what chapter I was on when I tapped out. I definitely made it through the snowy prologue and did a few things after you set up camp. I probably got hung up on a lot of the side stuff

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny sounds like you were in chapter 2 from your post. I’d personally just start from your existing save in that case as you’ve made it through the prologue… which is just a chore but not really seen that much more.

**** DLC!

trev666

uncharted 4 sorry but i think its a poor game strung out chapters and chapters of climbing boring

last guardian that dam bird dog i shouted my self horse screaming at the tv just do something annoying uncontrollable mess

miles morales sorry this game was dlc not a full game and the villains were B tier

mass effect andromeda good game not a good mass effect game

fallout 4 the wonder of exploring the world like in fallout 3 and Vegas was ruined by a map teaming with enemies and poor quests

horizon forbidden west forgettable side missions forgettable main story the wonder and amazement of finding out what happed to the world from zero dawn was gone

trev666

Jammsbro

@colonelkilgore It's agony. The narrative is very basic and massively overhyped. The characters are very close to stock and inconsistant. Every single mission is with a random npc. Every single mission in on rails and the player has no agency. Half the map is constantly a no go zone. You are constantly tied to down to parenting an entire camp for the game. Every single thing in the game is done a treacle slow speeds. I think it's one of the worst games out there. Gorgeous, but clunky and boring as hell.

Jammsbro

Jammsbro

@RogerRoger No. Won't waste any more time on it. Patches can't patch over insanely slow and dull collect and craft gameplay.

Jammsbro

MB81

Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs on Megadrive circa 1991. I read a review in a magazine, the screenshots looked amazing and it got a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. Obviously no video footage or demos back then. So I mail ordered it on import from the US for over £40. After a few weeks it arrived and it was just awful.
Slow slow gameplay, this terrible music played all game, and if you wanted to play in the playoffs you had to play full 12 minute quarters. And you couldn’t save progress! I remember in a full playoff game I scored 250 points with Michael Jordan.
Still annoyed about it! £40 was a lot back then!!
There were actually some really good sports game back then too, I had Madden and EA Ice Hockey.

Edited on by MB81

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

LN78

I definitely didn't get £30 worth of value out of "Gotham Knights". I get the distinct impression that it started out as a "GaaS" type project that got stripped back after the Crystal Dynamics "Avengers" debacle. It's a weird game that's neither froggy nor fowl (the RPG/loot system could've been deleted to the detriment of nothing) and the sheer "meh" of it all started doing my head in after about 7 or 8 hours. Oh well - at least I didn't pay £60+ for it.

LN78

Dusk_Actual

There was a Wolfenstein game that came out back in the 2000’s for ps3 and Xbox 360. I regret paying full price for that one for sure

Dusk_Actual

BowTiesAreCool

@MB81 haha I remember queuing up with my mum at Toys'R'Us around that time to get Sonic the Hedgehog for mega Drive and that was £45! MADNESS.

BowTiesAreCool

RogerRoger

@Dusk_Actual I remember that Wolfenstein reboot, with the mystical Veil powers! Didn't think it was too bad, although it wasn't too good, either, and The New Order puts it firmly in its mediocre place.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

CaptD

Brink on PS3, wow what a stinker that was.
Paid full price and bought day one, got caught up in the hype and roped in by friends.
Thankfully I traded it in days later so didn't lose much.

CaptD

Dusk_Actual

@RogerRoger agreed d, wasn’t too terrible in its own right…just can’t really think of anything else I’ve spent 60 on and been upset after playing.

Now that I think about it more, I also paid full price for DC Universe Online when that released on ps3…only for it to end up f2p. That’s kinda disappointing too

Dusk_Actual

RogerRoger

@Dusk_Actual Yeah, I'm saying this after having picked it up in a sale, so I think my opinion towards it would've been far harsher had I paid full price at launch. Understandable!

I've never paid for a game that's gone F2P later on, but I do get frustrated when I fork out for DLC (either pre-order bonus stuff or season pass content) that's later made free for everybody, and added automatically via a general update. I get the business model an' all but still, it stings a little.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

VivianXD2464

@BowTiesAreCool Games were a lot expensive even 10 years ago. I saw a image yesterday which showed Toys'R'Us were selling Doom and Mario Kart for 65 dollars each.

"Dwight You Ignorant Slut!"

PSN: VivianXD2464

CWill97

I haven’t really regretted any games I’ve bought full price recently. But in general, Dying Light 2 was not my cup of tea. Bought it half off months ago to scratch my zombie/apocalypse itch. Unfortunately, I did not like it. Felt too generic and crowded. I’m sure it got better but after 5 to 8 hours, I dropped it

CWill97

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic