Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 201 to 220 of 417

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I understand the intangible of having something new in your hands to make the experience more novel. It’s partly why I’ve played several other PS4 games on my PS5, if I have to download them anyways then I’ve been usually downloading to the Ps5. If it’s already on my PS4 HDD then I’ve planned to just play it there. I might have to change my plans.

@JohnnyShoulder Good to know it’s easy and foolproof. So, if you sync the DS4 with your PS5, and it’s already been synced with the PS4, what happens when you press the PS button to turn the system on? Which one turns on? Or do they both? 😅

I assume maybe the DS4 only “remembers” the most recent console it’s synced with?

@Kidfried The weight is part of my complaint about the DuS. And it’s not so much the total weight as much as it’s the weight distribution — it’s slightly front loaded weight-wise and doesn’t nestle into the palms of the hands effortlessly like the DS4. Rather, you have to grip it and exert some force to hold it up because the front is heavier, and then the handles are tapered slightly which exacerbates the lack of balance.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution When you sync the controller to a console, it can only be used with that console. If you sync it to your PS5, you will need to sync it to your PS4 if you want to use with that console. I vaguely remember having to do this in the brief period that I had both consoles.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nomither6

Removed - inappropriate

nomither6

zupertramp

@nomither6 is every company having this problem also doing the same?

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nomither6

@zupertramp I don't know any other companies having this problem ; the iphone 13 released 2 months ago , and 2 months later you can get one now . Xbox Series whatever is holding back their consoles because they wan't to increase demand too . if theres too many xbox's on the shelf people aren't gonna be desperate enough to buy one over the ps5 . it may sound stupid to some people , but so what , i don't put anything past anyone , people work in mysterious ways .

nomither6

Unlucky13

@nomither6 Was there a PS3 shortage? I walked into Best Buy several days after it was released, picked one up off the shelf (they weren't locked away or anything) and took it to the counter to buy it. They seemed to be the most plentiful and easy to get Sony console at launch by far.

I remember people being put off by the price and the lack of games. And that's fair. I didn't buy an actual PS3 game for months after getting mine. I used it to play PS2 games due to the backwards compatibility and the fact that they looked a lot better on my then brand new HDTV compared to the PS2. I also wanted it for the Blu Ray player and the fact that it did a great job of upscaling standard widescreen DVDs.

Unlucky13

JJ2

@nomither6
That doesn’t make any sense. If there were more PS5 and Xbox SX on shelves they would sell much much more of them, especially PS5. Simple as that.
I can understand Ms prefer selling cheap Xbox SS but PS5 disc is the more profitable for Sony.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nomither6

@JJ2 If PS5 is hard to find , it wouldnt make the XSX look as appealing if they're readily available so it messes with the consumers psyche in a way that makes them want the ps5 even more and the xbox even less , i explained it pretty good , so idk how you didn't understand . it MAY sound stupid , but i don't care anymore . this whole predicament is frustrating , and so im pulling stuff outta my ''you know what'' & pointing fingers at the corporation.

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

nomither6

@Unlucky13 yeah , there was a shortage . your individual experience was just a good one . but you wouldn't have noticed either way because they quickly stopped that shortage because PS3's werent selling enough.

nomither6

zupertramp

@nomither6 other companies:
Nintendo.
Every car company.
Dell
Nvidia

Sorry I'm at work so my list isn't as long as it could be

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Ralizah

@nomither6 Ah, the good old-fashioned "artificial scarcity" conspiracy.

It's just a parts shortage, dude, and it's happening industry-wide. When demand far outstrips a company's ability to manufacture a product, you end with situations like this. No company in their right mind would deliberately restrict supply when demand is as high as it is.

Think about it: if Microsoft was doing this deliberately, why is the Series S so readily available? You have your cause-and-effect reversed.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Forizzle

2024. Unfortunately, I think it will be quite some time.

Forizzle

nomither6

@Ralizah microsoft released MILLIONS of faulty xbox360s that they knew would get the RROD , thats a permanent stain in their history that'll always be in reference to them . so , the whole '' No company in their right mind'' thing doesn't phase me , companies do sleazy things . And it doesn't help that $ony is playing around with the PS5 availability by holding raffles on their website for a ''chance'' to win one , seriously ? how about just shipping them out in droves to stores instead ? & why is it that you still have to order one online when its absolutely %100 better to just go to the store in real-life , like normal and buy a console , instead of even giving scalpers/bots an opportunity ?

nevermind the fact that its been a year . its insane , theres no shortage of necessities at all , but a f***ing electronic toy ? i call BS and its all fishy to me & i'll proudly wear a tin-foil hat.

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

nomither6

zupertramp wrote:

@nomither6 other companies:
Nintendo.
Every car company.
Dell
Nvidia

Sorry I'm at work so my list isn't as long as it could be

what is this in response to ? i don't remember .

edit: oh i see now , Nintendo doesn't have a shortage with the nintendo switch . its happened several times since the pandemic but , as much as it happened is as much as its also been available . the OLED may have a shortage but thats understandable , it just came out . Those other companies you listed , are they really having shortages ? and what is every car company in shortage of ?

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

colonelkilgore

@nomither6 so there are clearly issues in obtaining PS5's, I'm certainly not denying that... but all I know is around a month or two back, two of my mates went into their local game, put their names on the PS5 list... and both of them had PS5's by the end of the week.

Maybe they were just extremely lucky, I don't know (I managed to get one at launch so haven't had to get involved in the ensuing PS5-hunt) but it's a fact all the same.

I'm probably gonna try and get a second one at some point, so I'll be interested to put it to the test.

What I will say is, imho there is absolutely no way Sony isn't doing all it can to get as many PS5s into the wild as possible. The more out there the better as far as they're concerned.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@nomither6 also, in terms of chip and semiconductor shortages... my step-daughter works for Dell and they are having genuine difficulties in producing products. Funny thing is the 'blame' for this within Dell (I'd imagine water-cooler blame rather than official) is that Sony have taken the majority share of what parts are actually available (paying a premium for them too) leaving other brands in adjacent (or near adjacent) markets with the scraps.

**** DLC!

nomither6

@colonelkilgore The demand im sure is much higher in the USA compared to the UK . UK mostly has always been Sony-land but since the rampant success of the PS4 , the USA has been sony-land ever since as well . factor in that the USA is much bigger and i presume more populated too , its different over here man .

nomither6

colonelkilgore

@nomither6 no doubt its a different situation etc. I just personally don't see Sony doing what you're suggesting. Anyway, I'll just end it (as I'm off yo bed) with, I hope your luck improves... and you manage to snag yourself a PS5 real soon 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nomither6

@colonelkilgore thanks , and of course , its just conspiracy im talking for sure , im proudly wearing my tinfoil hat until i snag a ps5 , lol.

goodnight.

nomither6

Sorry, this topic has been locked.