Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 461 to 480 of 3,537

Vertpin

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 3 Remake on my PS5. I also just got the platinum trophy in Astro's Playroom. What an amazing game that is.

Vertpin

RogerRoger

@Vertpin Yeah, whatever black magic Sony used to make Astro's Playroom so utterly brilliant... well, I just wish they'd use it more often!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Vertpin

@RogerRoger It's nice to hear that we're going get a sequel. It would be wonderful if it was larger in budget and spectacle.

Vertpin

KilloWertz

@Vertpin Nothing has been announced that I know of...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Vertpin

@KilloWertz I was just basing it off of the end message from when you beat Astro's Playroom, as well as some developer communication thats online. I fully expect to see a sequel of some sorts.

Vertpin

RogerRoger

Hitman III went and put another Elusive Target in the freakin' vineyard.

I don't have anything against the location, but it'd be nice if they branched out a little more. Still nothing set in Dubai, Chongqing or the final level (which I think would be a really interesting proposition) and yet they've doubled up on Mendoza already? Feels a little lazy.

And the soundtrack glitch is still present, after multiple patches and Season Pass updates.

I'm worried about IO Interactive. They never used to cut so many corners before. Maybe the huge sales success for Hitman III coupled with gaining the lucrative Bond licence has made them complacent, or maybe there's some team restructuring going on behind the scenes. Whatever the reason, when it shows in your products, folks are gonna get nervous.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I feel the same. I’ve yet to play the Hitman III levels properly but playing the first two games in the Hitman III package, I noticed more glitches than I ever had. Perhaps they’re just focusing fully on Bond.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@velio84 Seems like the game has finally clicked with you, which is good to see if I'm right.

Chapter 8 was indeed a pretty good one. I also enjoyed my time in Wall Market, which starts with the chapter after that one. Some odd but entertaining characters (Hell House can be a pain at first though).

Col_McCafferty

Wow, just finished Chapter 12 of FF7. Not going to ruin it for those behind me but man that was some truly epic *****!

Every time I think this game has peaked (Chapter 8 or 9 or the Wall Market segment was a sheet delight although Hell House can rot in, ahem, Hell) it manages to surpass itself.

This truly is one of the greatest games of all time.

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, that's my hope as well, although it does make me feel sorry for Agent 47 getting discarded like a high school boyfriend just because IO Interactive have met somebody new. I expected some rough patches for the first couple months, like any game, but it's August for crying out loud. It's like, get your base game working properly and then chase those DLC dollars.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The DLC being so incredibly pointless is also a point of irritation. The added content in the first two games for free was more interesting than the paid packs in III.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Agreed. I can't even muster the effort to watch the content on YouTube. And all of the new suits look utterly hideous. Nothing of interest there.

Thing is, if history is anything to go by, you know it'll all be made free in a couple of years.

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

Finished Astro's Playroom, so good. A great introduction to PS5. Just started the new Ratchet & Clank, very good fun so far.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Glad you enjoyed your time with Astro's, such a charming little game which you can help but have a huge grin whilst playing it.

What do you think of the console so far?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
Pretty happy with it, the short load times are nice. It's great to be able to jump into something so much more quickly. I've not tried online play yet so can't comment on that. But overall it's definitely been a positive experience so far. Everything I've seen has been really nicely presented with impressive graphics.

LieutenantFatman

KilloWertz

@velio84 Again, good to hear/see. I struggled with Hell House the first time I played the game to the point I had to drop the difficulty down to Easy for it. This time around I beat it in one try. I knew what to expect going in, like the damn door that sucks you in and not to just try to attack it up close all the time. I was surprised that I didn't struggle like I expected to, but I guess I'm playing the game better this time around. I am being smarter and using Aerith a lot more, including in that boss fight, so there's that.

I'm always flipping through the characters. If I see that they have one of their ATB bars filled, I switch to them so I can use one of their abilities or spells, and then switch to the next, and so on. With the right weapon and abilities, Tifa is easily the most powerful at hand-to-hand combat in the game. Once you get the Feathered Gloves (if you haven't already), make sure to use her Starshower ability enough to acquire it since it's extremely powerful. Only downside is it takes a moment for her to start it, as she hops around for a second to get ready to do it, but then it's a blur.

Col_McCafferty

@KilloWertz I really struggled with Hell House as well to the extent that I put the game in Easy mode in order to defeat it. I died four times but got close on two occasions but the problem was I had been playing it for quite some time before getting to that boss and just wanted to get past it.

Strangely most other bosses since then I've been able to defeat on Normal mode, Hell House was just my Waterloo I guess!

On Chapter 14 now and in all honesty I don't want the game to end. Absolutely in love with it, the music, the characters, the lore, the gameplay, pretty much everything in fact.

Col_McCafferty

KilloWertz

@Col_McCafferty I would imagine you'd fair a lot better against it a second time if you ever play the game again. It happened for me and it's not like I'm a master gamer.

I've been ahead of you the whole time, but you might pass me since I'm making sure I do all of the side quests this time around since I skipped several the first time. There's a lot of them in Chapter 14.

Kidfried

Due to a new project I'm working on I don't have a lot of time to play video games, or rather should I say that I lack the energy for it after a full day of working.

I still try to play Disco Elysium an hour, or at least half an hour, every day. But the game can be quite demanding, so sometimes I just lack the energy to play a full hour.

Anyway, I can always play Chicory. The game, even though I have lacked the time to play it, is so addictive. I can just waste hours coloring in the screens, experimenting, talking to townsfolk, and I love every second of it.

I ranked Disco Elysium higher as my favorite game for the PS5, but you wouldn't say that seeing the joy I get from playing Chicory, and the amount of energy it costs me to make some progress in Disco.

That kinda thing is probably relatable for many of you here, albeit with different games!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic