Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 441 to 460 of 3,535

Voltan

@KilloWertz I do recommend playing the hard mode though. The 2 small-ish changes it makes to combat make you play it in a whole different way and I found it to be a really fun challenge.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan one of the most difficult plats I've got. Hard mode was no joke... I am an FF noob, so had to get my head around materia etc which might account for my struggles but yeah, I found it genuinely tough.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

Voltan wrote:

@KilloWertz I do recommend playing the hard mode though. The 2 small-ish changes it makes to combat make you play it in a whole different way and I found it to be a really fun challenge.

I’m glad it wasn’t me who had to say this again. Completely changes the way you approach battles and definitely for the better.

Thrillho

KilloWertz

@velio84 People who aren't into women?

@Voltan You are undoubtedly right, but I won't be doing that. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with playing hard mode in games, but I already know that won't be for me. I have skipped Returnal so far because I know it will just frustrate me too much, and hard mode in games usually does that as well.

Obviously I don't have very many platinums...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

@KilloWertz Fair enough - so just so you know what you'll be missing: hard mode changes 2 things in the game: you can't use items at all and your MP don't regenerate when you rest. This means you have to manage your loadouts to rely more on abilities that don't use MP, have abilities that allow you to regenerate MP if possible, and always have healing spells equipped. Enemies are also stronger (but you keep all your upgrades from the first playthrough) so you'll often need to have to change loadouts for specific fights - to get protected from a specific element and/or exploit enemy weaknesses.
It made the game even more engaging for me - but I get that it's not for everyone

Voltan

Thrillho

@KilloWertz In addition to the above, I also found you could get through most of normal difficulty without having to change characters too much but hard mode really forces you to do so and get the most out of their attacks/limit breaks.

Thrillho

Kidfried

Chicory

• It's a great exploration game, reminiscent of my favorite 2D Zelda games in that regard.
  • Coloring the world and being creative is completely optional. I love it a lot, and it turns the game from good to great for me. But if that's not your thing, you'll probably finish the game in way less time and still have fun.
  • I haven't finished the game yet, so I can't speak for the plot or story, but the game definitely has amazing moments. And for me those didn't come from the big emotional story beats, but rather from stuff the NPC's said or they would react to something.
  • This game, even its frantic boss battles, is truly soothing for your mind. I take my time, fall in love with every new screen, get relaxed from making the game world more beautiful and just feel revitalized after every play.
  • The drawing is limited from a technical perspective, but its limitless where it counts. The best way to describe it is that the world is a coloring book, while you are playing it. And that may sound like Concrete Genie, but it's actually way better, because it doesn't force you to be creative all the time - purposely. When I am coloring or painting, it's because I want to. Sometimes I will walk through a black and white screen, only use my brush to solve puzzles. At other times I will walk past some character's house who said something nice to me, and I think to myself: they deserve a nicely colored garden.
  • This game, through its story and possibilities makes me feel like a better person, and that is something games seldom achieve!
  • I've seen comparisons to Earthbound and Undertale. I've never been too big of a fan of the latter, because I think it only takes the funny gimmicks from Earthbound, but not its strongest suit, which is the feeling of being in that whimsical world. I expected Chicorie to be similar to Undertale, but I'm glad it's not (at least so far). It is a very simple game with a world you really feel part of. It's not about cracking jokes or being weird that much (again, at least so far), and I think the game is better for it.
  • I really learned to enjoy the controls for this game. It was clearly made with a mouse and keyboard in mind, but I actually like it better with a controller. Your brush is imprecise, but I think there's charm to how my "painting" turns out.
  • This game isn't too complicated, just to put anyone in the right mindset before they start!

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried It’s cool to hear someone actually playing it! I saw Shuhei Yoshida posting loads of stuff about it on Twitter and it didn’t quite look like my thing but seemed quite neat.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Kidfried I definitely need to play Chicory but lately whenever I power up the PS5, I just go straight to Guilty Gear so I refrained from buying any games for the moment
It'll probably stay that way at least until Hades.

Voltan

Vertpin

Currently going through 1-up mode on Doom Eternal (PS5 version) as I already have the platinum for the PS4 version. Next up, Resident Evil 3 Remake (which I suppose qualifies more so as a PS4 game?)

Vertpin

KilloWertz

@Thrillho But, maybe that's too much work for me.

In all seriousness, and this isn't knocking people who like to play hard modes and/or really hard games, but that's not for me. I prefer just to sit back and enjoy the game/story rather than worry about a big challenge or platinum trophies.

That is a big reason why I actually played a decent portion of the remake the first time on Easy. Well, once I reached the Hell House (I think that's it) part of the game and then on. It'd did make the combat too easy eventually, but I left it just to enjoy the story. I plan on leaving it on Normal this time through though besides beating Hell House.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Col_McCafferty

Started chapter 8 of FF7. Wow, last two chapters have been very action-packed and the difficulty has definitely increased.

I think the experience I had last year with Persona 5 has helped, overall I think that game is harder than FF7.

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

Col_McCafferty wrote:

Started chapter 8 of FF7. Wow, last two chapters have been very action-packed and the difficulty has definitely increased.

I think the experience I had last year with Persona 5 has helped, overall I think that game is harder than FF7.

... the end of Chapter 9 is a spike in difficulty iirc.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

Just adding another another glowing endorsement of The Pedestrian. I’m in the final section and it’s been a really great puzzle game, though the rooftops section with the paint had me pulling my hair out a bit.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@Thrillho I’m still not sure if I completely understand how the paint works...like I was able to figure out the puzzles through some frustrating trial and error eventually but I don’t think I could effectively explain to someone how to do it.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore Agreed. Not really a spoiler, but Hell House was a giant pain when I played the game the first time. I guess I'm doing things a lot better this time around as I beat it on the first try today.

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz I certainly didn’t beat it first time on my subsequent (hard) playthrough… and had issues with pretty much every boss thereafter. That hard playthrough seriously came close to breaking me… well I thought it did at the time, now having played through Ashen on Children of Sissna (it’s very own unlockable hard mode) it was probably a walk in the park in comparison.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@KilloWertz @colonelkilgore Hell House was quite the step up in difficulty as a boss fight! I loved it for how bonkers it was though.

The only other one I struggled with on both difficulties was the boss at the beginning of the sewer section. I don’t know why it took me so many goes but it caused a bit of a headache for me.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho same about the sewer boss. I also struggled with all the end bosses... the three you fight together and the guy straight after.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic