Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 3,538

JohnnyShoulder

I played Sifu for a few hours, and I'm not sure on it in all honesty. Not a bad game, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it currently. I'm not too keen on having to replay the previous level to get your starting age down for the level you are playing. So unless that changes at some point, I will most likely go back to that later if I feel like it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Tjuz Dang, you’re making me want to move Midnight Suns up my backlog list. I really got into the card game groove recently with Inscryption and was craving a new deck builder, but I thought I’d take a break from card games and play something more action oriented and so I’m currently playing Spider-Man 2. 😄 And I don’t know how I feel about playing two Marvel games concurrently, or even one right after another. Even if they are different genres. Interest definitely piqued though!

As for your other questions, I think that yes, knowing the ending of Brothers is probably going to take the air out of the game’s enjoyment, especially from the narrative experience. It won’t hit quite the same, but it will probably still be a good one to play some day, so keep it in mind.

Same with the TLoU2. The story has been spoiled for most people by now, every which way imaginable. But there’s definitely some really fun gameplay there, and probably a few story beats that will still catch you by surprise. And even the story moments you already know about, like them or not, have that hallmark Naughty Dog polish that is just so impressive to see on display.

And as for Fallen Order, it does indeed have a few planets to explore, so you get to experience some variability and space travel in a limited way. And each planet does have a labyrinthine environment to explore, which includes backtracking in the standard Metroidvania ways (ex. On the first trip to Planet A you can only explore 30% of the map until you get the double jump later and then you can go back and get to another 30% of the map and then when you get force push you can go back and get through another 30%, etc, etc). Survivor is set up the same, and in fact if memory serves I do think Fallen Order may even have more planets than Survivor but each planet map is smaller in scale. The games are Souls-like but they do have difficulty sliders. So on “easy” (actually called “Padowan”, I believe) it’s quite approachable and a good entry point as a first Souls-like, imo, because of the lighter difficulty level. Survivor even has accessibility options on top of that where you can slow down time and do other things to make the game even more of a cake walk. But yes, definitely recommend starting with Fallen Order.

I’m excited to see if you like 13 Sentinels, so drop some impressions on the forums when you do get to it. Likewise for the rest of Midnight Suns. I’m curious to see how the late game goes for you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@JohnnyShoulder There are shortcuts to make moving through those levels much shorter 😄

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer Ah yes, I unlocked one of them in the first level. Any game with similar elements it will always be a dice roll if it clicks with me. Returnal I loved, but that is the only one I think I've managed to stick through to the end. All the others I've pretty much bounced off at some point.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tjuz

@Th3solution Haha, first 13 Sentinels and now Midnight Suns. My sudden appearance is certainly wreaking havoc on your backlog. My bad! The beauty of the Midnight Suns combat is that while it is obviously card based, it also feels surprisingly action-oriented thanks to the beautiful, hard-hitting animations they have for every card. Definitely a lot different than just watching cards explode a la Hearthstone or the like when they've been defeated. Here everyone's an actual character on a battlefield moving around and kicking butt, but yeah, I can imagine not wanting to out-Marvel yourself playing it next to Spider-Man 2 (which is a game I'm going to have to get to myself still).

Thank you for taking the time to answer my outstanding questions! I'll take that all into account when it's time for me to choose a new game again, but between Midnight Suns and 13 Sentinels I think I have enough on my plate for the moment. Not like either are particularly short games! I'll let you know how I get on with the latter as soon as I collect some thoughts.

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

Jimmer-jammer

@JohnnyShoulder That’s understandable! Returnal really is something special.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Bentleyma

Been playing South Park: Snow Day! with my brother and I quite like it. The gameplay loop is pretty satisfying and I like South Park's humour. It's definitely a step back from the previous two games, but I don't regret buying it at all.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Have you started GT7 yet?
Just bought it (along with psvr2) so if you fancy a race.
Delivery is estimated to be 29 May (this is from Amazon) so you have time to get some practice laps in.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I haven’t yet mate, but thanks for the heads up… before we get to that though, when will be a good time to get that CoD:MW2 co-op done?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Anytime is fine with me except Sunday's. It would be good to get it done and deleted from my internal ssd because I wish to install GT7 on the internal ssd as I read somewhere that it can crash when installed on the external ssd. I don't know ho much truth there is to that and it depend on other factors (external ssd type etc..).

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD it could take a few sessions tbh mate, some of the trophies are somewhat challenging. Maybe we’ll try and make a start one evening next week.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

@nitram2k11 Cheers. I think it will take a while before I have a decent car otherwise all I will be hearing "who is the wally in the Renault 5?"
Can't wait to have a garage that would make Jay Leno green with envy.

CaptD

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Does it involve a banana?

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore So you weren't putting a banana up the exhaust pipe?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic