Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 321 to 340 of 3,535

johncalmc

@TraCuz- Okay. So I'm a level 77 Bard. Singer, dancer, storyteller - man of action. Cat-man of action really, because I'm one of those cat people. Anyway, I was half-way-ish through the storyline from Shadowbringers, I think. I'm just at the bunny people's village thing.

I can remember how to play the game and the changes that I can tell so far are pretty positive - they got rid of TP?! But what I'm struggling with is the endgame, best gear, raids, things I should be watching out for, etc. I was struggling to get a gear level high enough to get into my last dungeon and so I decided to go and look for some and I couldn't remember how to do anything. I remember it being really confusing even without six months off but now I'm bamboozled.

I'm pretty sure it involves going into a dungeon/raid and then earning an item - a tomestone, or whatever - and then trading that with someone, somewhere, for gear. Is that about right? Should I be doing that or just levelling up as I play and finding gear in dungeons or something? Is there any side-stories I should be looking out for that unlock special dungeons or raids or anything? Is there any general tips for someone who has sunk over 450 hours and can kinda remember how to get around and handle themselves in a fight but has no idea what the hell an allegan tomestone of poetics is?

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore I dunno bro. Seems ok to me. The hub area is really bad tbh, it could have been a menu for sure. The story is ok, I quite like the lore but is very bare bones in game. The fighting is great and you feel like a badass. The graphics are great. The sound is great with headphones on.

Give it a go. I got it for like £25 new with bonus materials.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore You might as well wait until it hits gamepass at this point.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TraCuz-

@johncalmc I guess I should've asked if you're a new player haha, you're actually ahead of me. I'm in the end of Stormblood starting Shadowbringers soon . But yes poetics are what you use to buy gear, and are obtained from dungeons. The dungeon will tell you or not if you will be rewarded poetics. If you need a ton I would just recommend doing the daily main story roulette. Gear that you would need for your level should be given at Rowena's Splendors in Rhalgr's Reach. Also you if you have the gil you could always use the marketboard for gear. Hope this was helpful, sorry if it's not.

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Same thing innit.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

johncalmc

@TraCuz- Thanks that was actually helpful. I knew what the place looked like where the people were who sold the gear but I didn't know what it was called. Apparently I have loads of tomestone thingys.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder well there is atleast a small possibility that Godfall will hit gamepsds at precisely the same time gamepass is aloud on to playstation I suppose... its more likely that you're a secret-scheduler though 🥸

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yep I believe all those when I see em.

JohnnyShoulder

Played the Final Fantasy Orgin demo. Hated the characters in it and felt there was too much going on with the combat. Good for fans of the first game as I think there are a lot of references fore them, but having not played that game all that doesn't matter to me. Deleted.

MightyDemon82

Finished Nier Replicant route A last night great game, Can't wait to see what's next. Also finished the story in Rift Apart and really enjoyed it. Will do a 100% sweep now for the platinum.

I hope we get more of Rivet and Kit if there are further games in the series or even a spin off .

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 I just met Kit (and by met I mean completed that planet) and she’s great. Looking forward to more adventures together.

I think I’ll check out that FF Origin demo this weekend, I keep hearing good things.

Voltan

TraCuz-

@Voltan I just met Kit myself last night! She had a really cool intro xD.

If you've ever played a Nioh game then the demo will feel familiar to you. I pretty much stand with everyone else on this one. Gameplay is really fun and has cool ideas, but everything else sucks. Not a day 1 buy for me but I would definitely get it down the line. Biggest gripe are the party members. One of my favorite things about JRPGs/RPGs are my parties, they are useless.

Currently Playing:

Voltan

@TraCuz- My only experience with Nioh is doing the tutorial and then dying to like the 2nd enemy so not really

Voltan

TraCuz-

@Voltan Lmaooo yeah you're gonna have a great time with this demo

Currently Playing:

Voltan

I’m at 68% completion (almost nice) in R&C now (and that’s with all collectibles already found on most planets I visited) and it just keeps getting better. Love it.

Voltan

nomither6

I'm playing Add-To-Cart simulator

nomither6

MightyDemon82

@Voltan Rift Apart was amazing, that's the platinum done. Will definitely be playing through again though!

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic