Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 341 to 360 of 3,564

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore well in. Good luck and happy hunting CK.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Voltan

I beat Rift Apart - it was an absolute blast with a truly epic final level.
Didn't get the platinum yet - I still need to upgrade the shield weapon a little further to get one of the trophies and collect the rest of the bears for another (and for now I refuse to look them up in a guide, got 5/9 without one).
So anyway, I started the "challenge mode" on highest difficulty (which I might regret later), this time in the 60 fps mode, which almost felt wrong at the beginning but now that I got used to it, it's definitely the way to play the game

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@Voltan the quickest way to get your final trophy is to farm it in the 1st bronze challenge in the battle arena as I had trouble finding enough enemies elsewhere to get it done I just kept replaying that until it popped.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 That’s a pretty good idea. Too bad that one doesn’t show progress like some others, because I think I’ve already killed a few guys in the required way.

Voltan

Voltan

Wow, I must've died at least 20 times in the process but I effin' KILLED CHAOS lol.
The FF Origin demo looks like ass but was actually fun to play. There's definitely room for improvement but that's probably why they made it available so early - but even now the battle systems seem pretty good.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Which difficulty were you on? Chaos/Garland was absolutely brutal on hard mode!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett Just normal but it took a while to figure him out. I have virtually no experience in souls games though, which probably matters a little bit

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan He’s a massive step up from the rest of the demo but yeah, I thought the systems they put in place were actually really good. The boss requires you to get a grip on basically all the tools they give you.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Alright - got all trophies in Immortals: Fenyx Rising DLC so I’m officially done with game (and I enjoyed every bit of it).

Next stop: restarting Doom Eternal when the PS5 upgrade is out on Tuesday!

Voltan

Voltan

I picked up GG Strive last night and I'm currently making my way through "Mission Mode" (which is basically an advanced tutorial). Wow, does this game rely on precise timing for a lot of things. So fast and responsive.

Compared to this MK11 feels like it's on autopilot now (both easier execution and less control on reactions). I'm probably way too old for this but I'll try to do my best

Voltan

KilloWertz

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart... It's been a blast so far. Brings me back to the PS3 days when I bought it late in the generation and experienced their exclusives for the first time.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

Where my Doom Eternal upgrade at, Bethesda?

edit: there it is!

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

colonelkilgore

So today’s the day… been looking forward to it for a long old time. Just about to start Ghost of Tsushima 👻

**** DLC!

render

Finished Rift Apart last night. Great game and my enjoyment of it definitely increased as I played. Really enjoyed the final battle so much that I might do a NG+ on the challenge mode it unlocked.

render

colonelkilgore

So didn’t have as long an opening salvo on Ghost of Tsushima as I’d have liked today as a friend wanted to play Tekken 7 (I hadn’t played Tekken since the original on PS1) but I can already tell it’s going to be a great game. Still to play The Last of Us part 2 but GoT sits with Horizon: Zero Dawn and God of War (2018) as games with the absolute highest production levels I’ve seen. Plays really well too…

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Oh man - not to take anything away from GoT, because it's an amazing game and I loved it, but the one issue I had with it (which stopped bothering me after a couple hours, obviously) was that coming straight from playing TLoU2, the character animations, cutscenes, general level of detail, etc. were nowhere near that level
It's very understandable because it's an open world game vs a linear, carefully directed experience, but the gap was huge.
It does have na excellent and unique art direction in the environments though!

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan wow, TLoU2 must look phenomenal in that case. I plan on playing it later this year, hopefully I’ll enjoy it at least half as much as I’m enjoying GoT.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I’m pretty stoked you’re going through GoT. It’s still my favourite game from last year, one of my favourite ever actually, and I found it to be an enjoyable platinum. @Voltan is right though, as far as production goes, TLoU2 is truly in a league of its own.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah, I can see it taking over Remnant from the Ashes as my favourite game so far this year. I reckon it’ll definitely be in my top 10 of the PS4 generation… maybe top 5.

@Voltan out of interest (& not that I’ll be starting them for a while) where would yousuggest I start Wolfenstein… Old Blood or New Order?

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore New Order was the first game and it’s a “main entry” in the series so I’d start there, then the prequel. They can probably be played in reverse and it won’t matter much but I honestly don’t remember them well enough to say if there are spoilers or anything like that.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic