Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 301 to 320 of 3,564

Voltan

Apparently R&C sold 3x better than Returnal on its opening weekend in the UK (physical). Probably not too surprising

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

What is this fake @Arugula and what have you done with the real one? 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Arugula wrote:

Anyone here that knows me knows that I write short and to-the-point comments, frequently. Hopefully my ridiculously lengthy appraisal will help relieve some of you from the fence.

Exactly what I was thinking … 😄 The fact that your impression post was more than 2 sentences means this game is transcendent! Good to see!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

After the new patch, I launched Valhalla for 5 minutes and finally got the platinum trophy. Only took 6 months lol.

Voltan

nessisonett

That Final Fantasy demo thing is legitimately really good. Playing Hard Mode and there’s so many great ideas in it. Rough around the edges, sure, but for a demo it’s made a proper good impression on me. I made fun of it a lot on reveal but I’m 100% going to be picking it up when it launches now. Release demos people!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

Seconded. It's nowhere near as challenging as Nioh was despite being made by the same team but the combat is super robust and mobility is around the same. It's really polished for a super early demo that's apparently going to be improved based on fan feedback like the Nioh alphas

I still wish those base character designs looked less like they all shopped at a Macy's though

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @TheFrenchiestFry The trailer was super bad though. Is there much Chaos talk in the demo?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Denni5m

Playing ratchet and Clank. Its ok I suppose, it's basically like the last one and from a gameplay and depth point of view quite shallow and unrewarding for a hardcore gamer. But I knew this going in, just had nothing else to play lol. I wouldn't pay $120 aud for it though if it couldn't sell it afterwards ( digital ps5 guys take note)

Edited on by Denni5m

Denni5m

RubyCarbuncle

Final Fantasy VII Remake along with Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart which is now my favourite game of all time. I swear it's the best looking game I have ever seen so if Ratchet and Clank looks this good I can't wait to see what else PS5 is going to get.

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

johncalmc

I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV again. I haven't played it for like a year and so I'm totally confused and can't remember how to do anything at all. If anyone plays this game and can tell me things please let me know.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RubyCarbuncle

@johncalmc Haha I remember being in that boat. I went back to it after a year, had to learn the game all over again, got bored of it and took another break and I haven't played it for well over a year again. Don't worry just run around the World get a feel for everything and it will all start to come back.

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

TraCuz-

@johncalmc You've come to the right place friend , what burning questions you got?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder There’s a bit yeah and it’s proper pants but the gameplay speaks for itself. I don’t really expect good dialogue from anything with Nomura’s name anywhere near.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

Bit jealous of y'all with R+C but I'm still in with Godfall. Man what's wrong with all these reviews, the game is great. It must have been patched I have had zero issues and I'm in the Air area. The fighting is awesome as well and it's not stupidly easy like the reviews from November, had some difficulty with the boss of the Earth area and it felt more like Dark souls than Soul reaver.

It's great. In fact it's arguably the best game I've played over the last year since Detroit.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

TraCuz-

@nessisonett I was definitely apart of the chaos meme group for this game xD, I tried it last night and actually really enjoyed it. Although they need to something about the anti-aliasing because that tutorial field just about made my eyes bleed. Mobility feels like low stance in Nioh, seems like they refined the combo system, and I like their evolution of the yokai burst counter making it rewarding by taking enemy skills if you have the timing. Went in with very low expectations and turned out pleasantly surprised.

I didn't have enough time to finish last night but I'm hoping there's some player agency with sending commands to the party members. Does that open up later on or are they just there for the journey?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy so you've sold me in it... I've quite fancied it since it was first revealed but the critical reception did put me off from buying it at release. I've still been going back to review vids though to see if I could find any redeeming qualities to allow me to pull the trigger on it. I never found them but your last couple of posts about it have given me enough to go on.

I'm gonna order it when I get home.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore And then to play it on PS6! 🤣

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore I've done a bit of digging and the primal update hit. So there's more to do and the tweaks they have made have been quality of life improvements and bug squashing predominantly. With additional post game stuff.

Looking at some of the reviews they have mad stutter and falling through floors. I have had none of that so possibly a great patch and the game released too early which has damaged it's reputation.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I'm gonna start working from home when I move into the new gaff, so I have a sneaky feeling that backlog of mine may receive a whittle-injection real soon 🤫.

@themcnoisy I just rewatched the skill-up review (one of the few reviewers I generally agree with) and he was picking holes left and right. Worryingly for me as a fan of the gameplay dynamics (as opposed to narrative, graphics etc... though I still appreciate them if their done well) he hated the combat. I'm still gonna give it a go though.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic