Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 3,458

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer It's great that you're enjoying Lies of P that much, glad you got some time to sit down and actually play it for a while. What was the boss-design like? Feel free to spoiler tag the info if you are concerned about spoilers for others who might not have made it that far, of course. A grindstone that imbues weapons with elemental power sounds incredible, I take it fire is the most powerful element, dealing the most damage to bosses? How does the lying mechanic work exactly? Sounds intriguing.

I have just been farming, the Red Eye Knights near the Penetrator Archstone, you can get about 50,000 souls in 20 minutes there. I've got about 60 Vit now, learned that Str maxes out when you two-hand your weapon at 66 so after getting Vit to 99 I may just get Str up to 66 and then try Allant again. Do you reckon it's worth getting End up to 40 as well? (from 25) I know it would allow me more swings of my weapon but I will likely only be able to get a couple hits in with my DBS before having dodge away again anyway, as he is quite the nimble and dangerous foe, so I am not sure.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@colonelkilgore I've beaten Jedi Fallen Order, the games that are still on my list to play properly from that selection are obviously Lotf 2023, and less obviously Wo Long Fallen Dynasty & Nioh 2. Remnant 2 looks good but as I said to you before I don't really like games with guns. More of a Sword and Board man.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I’ve got the new Lords of the Fallen lined up as my other souls-like for 2024 (the first being Nioh 2). I really like the look of it tbh… it kinda looks like Dark Souls 4 (more like Dark Souls 4 than Elden Ring even) and after a long time away from that series, I’m kinda itching to return. Gonna be another tough and long plat though by all accounts.

I absolutely loved the original Remnant from the Ashes so am pretty psyched to play Remnant 2 myself. Gonna hold off on playing it for a while though, as once it’s done it’s done.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Thanks! Boss designs in the early goings have mostly been machines and puppets but they’ve just been really well designed. I’m a bit of a sucker for steampunk and it’s been nailed here. The ‘tough but fair’ philosophy of the genre is well executed. Much like Bloodborne though, there is more to the world than promotional materials would have you believe. Mostly I’ve dealt with shock and fire, both have their uses 😄 The lying mechanic is super interesting but I’ve yet to grasp how it really pays off. Hopefully it’s not a big pile of nothing. Overall, the path to success for me has been mastering the perfect guard. It’s been one of those games for me where I have to keep my cool, confidently executing perfect guards in order to make it through what can be some pretty difficult situations. It’s been a learning curve but totally worth it.

Sounds like a great farming spot! I’ve never ran a tank build before and generally go for a more balanced, leaning towards more nimble build, so I’m not really sure. I’m awful at parrying in the souls games so I’m as good as dead if I stop moving. That said, sometimes “a couple hits” is all it takes to turn the tide.

@colonelkilgore Knowing how much you love Bloodborne, I just have to throw this out there: Lies of P is the closest thing I’ve played to capturing what Bloodborne captured. I had a lot of hesitation around it for some reason but it’s really very well done.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

CJD87

@Jimmer-jammer Love to hear positive discourse around Lies of P.... I am still blown away by how much this game exceeded my expectations!

It is genuinely the closest thing to a FromSoft finished product, and plays a bit like a FS 'Greatest Hits' - leaning into the various nuances of their entire portfolio, whilst still managing to carve an identity of its own. Incredible to consider this was the first title from the devs in questions.

My favorite non-From 3d Soulslike hands down is Lies of P (favorite 2d would still be Salt and Sanctuary)

Lies was my personal GOTY, until Baldurs stole my heart...

Glad you're enjoying it, NG+ is a hell of a ride!

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I’m still slightly heartbroken that I didn’t manage to snag a Lies of P: Collectors Edition tbh 🥲. So jazzed that it’s getting the reception/reaction that it is though. Glad it’s hit the right note for you too mate… I’ll find out in 2025 as Nioh 2 and Lords of the Fallen will be my two for this year 👊

**** DLC!

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I will bear that in mind, then. I will probably get end up to 40 after all, I think what you said is worth taking into consideration. Good luck with Lies of P and keep me posted on your adventuring.

Max_Headroom

Loading Witcher 3 Wild Hunt complete edition now.

Max_Headroom

Jimmer-jammer

@CJD87 Yeah, it’s really exceeded my expectations as well. Even the whole Pinocchio aspect, which was where I had some of my biggest reservations, is handled extremely well. It is truly mind blowing that this is a first effort for the team. A studio to watch for sure.

@colonelkilgore That’s too bad about the collectors edition, especially when the game turns out to be quality. Maybe by 2025, it’ll have some DLC to sink into as well, making for a fuller experience.

@TheBrandedSwordsman Thanks! Will do. And yeah, the amount of times I’ve finished a boss with a sliver of health or something along those lines has shown me how much every little gain can really help!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore **** platinum hunting. All hail DLC!

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore @KilloWetz I’ll let you two handle this in the newly revived MMA thread 😂

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz it takes all sorts… personally though I just wish all devs would go full expandalone-mode

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Another vote for the expandalone approach. Down with DLC!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@LieutenantFatman How are you? Haven't spoken in a while. I am currently farming the Red Eye Knights for a seriously op build to take down Allant in DeS, NG cycle, as I have been saying to others on here. I am aiming for 99 Vit 18 Int 40 End 66 Str 50 Magic, I haven't leveled up any of my other stats, nor do I intend to. I am rocking the Crescent Falchion+1 for regular enemies and some bosses. For the other, tougher, bosses, i.e Allant I am using the Dragon Bone Smasher +2, two-handed, with Curse Weapon, Adjudicator's Shield, Cling Ring & Regenerator's Ring. Hopefully all that combined will be enough to take that mf down.

Edited on by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

JohnnyShoulder

KilloWertz wrote:

@colonelkilgore **** platinum hunting. All hail DLC!

Comment of the week!

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Comment of the week!

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment.

Worst comment of the week!

I wholeheartedly disagree with this comment.

😝

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

So this is what starts the Push Square Civil War... Clearly I side with the colonel. DLC only exists to bring down my completion percentage from 100% on games I've already finished. **** DLC.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder and I will not go down without a fight!

Untitled

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic