Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 3,535

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Alas, I don't have Legend or Anniversary on PS Vita. I do have the original UMDs though, so can warn you that Legend plays like a dog's dinner on PSP (and I don't think the Vita boosts PSP games' performance in any way). It's admirable that they got the full experience playing on handheld; nothing's been cut, but the trade-off is a framerate that feels like it regularly hits single digits. The camera control isn't as clunky as Syphon Filter because Legend isn't a dedicated shooter, so you get a forgiving auto-camera with a press-and-hold-to-look-around manual option (kinda like the PSone classics) but it's still an effort to wrestle with when the whole thing runs so freakin' choppy.

Lessons were obviously learnt, however, because Anniversary on PSP plays butter-smooth (at least for its first two chapters... I really should go back and finish it at some point...) and looks stunning to boot, so I'd wholeheartedly endorse that version. As for Legend, I'd put its PSP port at the bottom of the game's long list of available platforms. Even the NDS and GBA fared better.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Gamer83 I'm glad you're enjoying Dark Mirror, by the way! Definitely agree that it's great to see these oft-overlooked classics making a comeback on modern hardware, and I'm still looking forward to playing Logan's Shadow again. It's also great that Sony aren't locking these behind a subscription, either!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@Kidfried
It feels like it's been a while since I enjoyed playing, and looked forward to playing a game as much as this one so glad I stumbled into it. Another missable trophy on one of the boss fights which I duly missed but yeah I don't really mind the thought of a second run.

How are you getting on with Jedi: Fallen Order? Made much progress?, still enjoying it?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Kidfried

@sorteddan I beat it, and I'm collecting its collectibles now, which is... a chore! I'm going to keep going for that platinum, because I'm stubborn and don't know what game to play after this, while waiting for Horizon to be discounted.

Maybe I'm going to play Tunic first. Did you play that one?

Kidfried

sorteddan

@Kidfried
Yeah I did the same with Jedi and was relieved that at least the planet's tell you which section you fully explored. And easily searchable guides on YT if you don't want to explore every inch on your own.

No I haven't played Tunic, it's another that's on my wishlist but I'm trying to cut down on purchases until my backlog is more manageable so it may remain there for a while.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger cool thanks, sounds like it might be a miss then. Shame as I would like to play Legend one day. I guess I’m wondering if you can map the camera to the right stick on anniversary if you’re playing it on Vita. Button mapping is such a cool feature, for example I put the right hand corner of the touch screen as a secondary X button, so I can tap the screen to move through text if I want.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

@Kidfried Kashyyk was the worst for revisiting as it is a very long, straight level which took ages to get through.

I would have completely missed the Venator if it wasn’t for the trophies though and that’s a pretty cool side area.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho Dang, Kashyyk is the last one left for me. I don't know if there is much left there, as I was pretty thorough while there. We'll see!

So far I don't remember finding anything worthwhile during my 100% run. I love fighting the bounty hunters though, even if it's way too easy.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Methinks we're long-overdue some Tomb Raider remasters or re-releases, so with any luck you'll be able to play Legend on modern hardware someday soon. If not, and you get the urge to go retro, then I'd recommend the PS2 original or the HD Trilogy on PS3.

So I did a lil' research for you to confirm my suspicions, as thinking back yesterday I remembered that the PSP port of Anniversary not only looked better, but felt better to play. Sure enough, they completely overhauled Lara's controls. The camera is panned side-to-side with the L and R shoulder buttons. Doesn't sound like something that the Vita would easily re-map. I'm not an expert on the Vita's re-mapping capabilities, though, so I wouldn't say that it's definitely impossible... but yeah, they put some proper thought into Anniversary and made it fit the PSP much better, so there'd be less to "fix" on Vita.

Apologies, I feel like I'm just shooting down all your bright ideas in quick succession!

Making It So Since 1987

Splat

I'm so loving Resident Evil 4.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

RaysofLight

Been playing Resident Evil 4 Remake and loving it so far. Not very far into it because I’ve been sick as a dog all weekend. But loving what I’ve played.

RaysofLight

Kidfried

Finally started FFVII yesterday. I'm at chapter 3 only, but it is a cool experience. It's been so long since I played the original game. Back then I only got as far as where I suppose Part I will end (we'll see!) and I hardly remember much. I was way too young then to fully understand.

So far it's been great, some moments I do remember from the original game, others I have no clue about. It is mighty good looking, though... it's so weird that games now look better than animated movies from just a few years ago.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

Kidfried wrote:

...it's so weird that games now look better than animated movies from just a few years ago.

One of my favourite things about playing games from a broad range of generations is that, if I'm away from modern games for a while, I forget just how good things can look nowadays, and my jaw hits the floor all over again whenever I return to a current release.

I've seen some screencaps from FFVII Remake and yeah, it's one heck of a pretty thing!

Making It So Since 1987

Thorz74

GOW 2018. I bought the console bundle with GOW Ragnarok but had to play the previous one first 😊

Thorz74

Kidfried

Alongside Final Fantasy VII, I'm playing Horizon Forbidden West, and... I think those early hours work against the game a lot.

I think sequels shouldn't dwell hours on a previous game too long. I'd rather see those callbacks to a previous game sprinkles throughout the game. And boy, does Horizon like to dwell on stuff.

And, well, if you go for a cinematic opening, please have it make sense. Intense weather change within a scene? Everyone from the previous game coincidentally standing about on a mountain? You had a time to build a statue in my honour, but not cleanup the mess from last game's final battle? And those dialogs... Let's say they need a lot of words to convey rather simple things.

Oh well, at least I am back to a somewhat open world setting now. I hope it gets better from here on!

@Thorz74 Enjoy! One of the best games!

Kidfried

KilloWertz

Resident Evil 4

So far it has not been a 10/10 experience for me yet, but I have enjoyed it for the most part. I forgot about the section early on that was from the demo, as it got me really frustrated to the point where I shut the game off. Then I remembered all the talk about that section and how it was a survival mission. The game could have said that rather than you figuring it out by accident, but oh well. It's been good otherwise and I expect it to only get better (I'm about a third of the way through Chapter 3).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

After having wrapped up Miles Morales, I decided to finally start up Returnal. I've played it for about two hours now and I managed to beat the first boss on my first try! Granted, the parasite I had helped me out a lot since it regenerated health for me whenever I was low on it. I also did die during the boss fight, but I was brought back to life by an "astronaut". I wonder if it was the artifact I collected from the house. In that case, that's great because the boss had so little health left so it would've sucked to die so close to the end there.

Anyway, the game is just so good! I'm still unsure how I feel about the rogue-lite aspect of it as I haven't truly died and lost everything yet. From what I've read online, the game does seem fair in that you don't need to fight the same bosses again if you die, so that's good. I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of it soon!

LtSarge

Kidfried

@LtSarge Returnal is amazing, but also very much a weird one. Two hours for your first boss is a job well done by the way. It easily took me double of that.

You're probably going to curse this game at some point, though. Almost everybody did. I hope that no amount of failures will demotivate you and you'll make it to the end, because I am really grateful I beat it, even if it cost me so much time.

I'm rooting for you on the next biome!

Kidfried

Kidfried

I played the famous Chapter 09 from Final Fantasy VII Remake. They remade everything about this part in the original game so well. This remake definitely feels like the Definitive version of a classic. I really didn't expect to like the game so much.

I also want to nominate that chapter for being the most memorable moment in gaming of the decade.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic