Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 3,502

MightyDemon82

I've been playing GG Strive all day but I had to put the Dualsense down. I'm happy that I can make it to Stage 9 in arcade no problem, it's beating Nagoriyuki, that will take some time to get done. I might try with other characters but Sol and May seem to be ones I'm comfortable with. Came very close but the wife kicked me off the t.v. which is only fair since I've played all day!

MightyDemon82

Th3solution

After getting through the gauntlet of “The Ritual Path” and beating Old Hero in Demon’s Souls, I decided to take a little break before starting the next archstone mission. So I started up Dirt 5 on a whim for something mindless and different.

And oh how different it is! I didn’t realize the game was so arcadey and …’pop-culturey.’ I mean, it’s fine — it’s just a stark contrast to the grim dark world of Boletaria I’ve been spending time in for the last couple weeks.

And so far I am enjoying it as a racer. It’s not too imposing or difficult, and quite forgiving. The technical aspects are a slight disappointment, as the racing physics seem a little artificial and floaty. But it’s fun nonetheless, even if a little shallow feeling.

The aesthetic is a turn-off too, as the ‘Fortnite-ization’ of all these casual pick-up-and-play games feel the need to have these over-the-top customization colors, decals, stickers, and have to make all the art design silently scream at you to grab your attention. It’s like they just assume you have ADHD, and then go from there. There’s not even a proper tutorial and the game just dumps you right into a race, assuming you’ll figure it out with random button presses until you’re learned by trial and error.

There is an addictive nature to going ‘just one more race’ though. And so I must have fallen victim to the hypnotizing loud art design, screeching pop music, and goofy announcers.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

I upgraded Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy on Friday just so I could take a look. I wasn't necessarily planning on playing right the way through but that's what I've pretty much ended up doing. Even though I remember UC4 being good I forgot just how good the story was at pulling you along. I'll be playing one section and think "I'll just get to the end of this section and then play something else", only to then play the next one and the next one and so on.

I find the gameplay to be as I remember too, which is that I'm usually trapped between wanting to stealth entire sections to just go all out guns blazing. I'll usually start with the former and it'll end up the latter just from not being patient enough. It's still fun even though sometimes the AI can be particularly bad at times. There's those moments where you are taking cover trying not to be seen and your partner is running around all over the shop seemingly completely invisible to the enemy, yet if you'd have done the same then you'd have been mowed down. It's also great that you can end up with a stash of bodies in the long grass as one after another of the bad guys walks over to see what happened to their mate only to also have their neck broken and added to the pile.

Graphically and stylistically this game blew me away on the base PS4 so I'm hard pressed to really see the differences here but playing in performance mode does feel a boat load smoother when you are in the thick of the action. It's also disappointing to see that the haptics / triggers aren't used better but the 3D audio implementation, as mentioned by @Voltan, really works well. It's great to revisit this classic.

render

Voltan

@render I played through the Scotland level in U4 last night and the way gunshots reverberated from a specific direction when fighting in those cliffs and caves was just amazing.
The gunfights aren't my favorite part of Uncharted but they got better with each new game and they're pretty good in this one. Overall though, it's the characters, puzzles and level design that make the series so great.

Voltan

sorteddan

I keep popping into Bugsnax for half hour to hour sessions and am making slow and steady progress each time. Can't really stomach to spend longer game time on it as it's a bit too sickly sweet for me to cope with... feels a bit like I've been trapped inside of Fraggle Rock!
It's fine though really, simple enough fare.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@Voltan That Scotland section is a really great section, and one that I remember well from my first play through of the game. The thing I remember the most is the crate on wheels that seems to have a life of it's own and sure enough this time was no different so nice they haven't changed that 😆

render

nessisonett

@velio84 Prepare to be completely overwhelmed! I don’t mind Destiny 2 but it’s a total mess of systems.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I played D2 when it came out and wasn’t free to play (still got the disc). It was a good game and I hear it’s even better now BUT the problem is that a lot of the non-DLC content has been apparently retired so you’re not getting the story campaign or… I’m not entirely sure what you’re getting tbh

Voltan

Voltan

@velio84 It has a PS5 native version now, doesn't it? I wonder how the triggers are. I played it on PS4.
It's kinda like Halo (I think - I never actually played Halo but they look similar) but with some shared world parts and it's very loot based.

Voltan

nessisonett

Found The Prodigy in AC Valhalla, or to be more specific I found a shirtless guy called Keith who encouraged me to punch a clergyman saying ‘smack my bishop’. There was a note nearby with references to Charly as well. Cool stuff.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Ha oh wow, I wonder if that is an actual easter egg? Makes me a bit more inclined to play the game now!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 I played Destiny 2 when it came to PS Plus. I enjoyed it enough to play through the story on my own. As with all games as service titles I played (which is not a great deal tbh), I stopped playing it not long after the repetitive end game stuff. And yeah the shooting really is that good, I found anyway. I don't play enough FPS games to quantify saying it is the best in class though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

I played the demo of Destiny way back when and I was completely disappointed. I’m not the biggest of FPS fans anyways, but it was probably an example of a demo just ruining any interest in a game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Voltan I didn’t even notice the hair!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm remember being quite hyped for the first Destiny game and was hugely disappointed by it. The second game I found much much better.

@velio84 Bear in mind this was a couple of years ago, and I know the game has changed a lot since then. As @Voltan mentions a lot of content has gone into the vault.

Will be interesting if any of the extra content comes to PS Plus.

render

I played a bit of Destiny 1 demo way back when it came out and just couldn't get into it really. I used to play FPS games, Doom, Quake, Unreal etc but over the years I just realised that I'm not really that into them and I'd rather spend my time playing something else. If somethings good though I'll give it a go even though if something is predominantly online I'll usually get my ass kicked.

Having not followed Destiny for a while now I have no idea what the deal is with regards to its campaigns etc. Anyone know how it compares to the first one as I know a lot of people complained that it wasn't as good as they'd made drastic changes to some of the mechanics? I know from that brief time with Destiny 1 you could see other players in the open parts of the game but never did get to the point where I worked out what the deal with that was as I seemed to be in a single player game when I got into battles. Is it the case where you can summon people to help etc?

I'm not about to jump into it but always interested to know about other games that I don't play, especially if they might influence things coming out of PS studios.

render

Voltan

@velio84 I’m pretty sure there aren’t bots in Destiny. The worlds have hub areas that are shared and have some random events and stuff. You need to be in a party to play the “dungeons“ with others though (or you can try them solo). You can also use matchmaking to play “Strikes” if I recall correctly. It’s possible that these aren’t unlocked immediately though, it’s been a while

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

@velio84 It's a shared world experience. When you first start it does run a through a quick tutorial of controls and then you get objectives which are essentially still a tutorial but you're now online in the shared world. So you will be encountering random players, and in the shared world you fight enemies with the same players.

But when you start a mission (so you reach your objective map marker) then it isolates you from the shared world and you will then be on your own again until you finish that mission.

Played Destiny 2 a few months ago and played a lot of Destiny 1, it's quite a fun game and it is definitely one of the best feeling shooters out there. It's designed to be online but you can solo through the story missions and then join random people to do something called Strikes (which are three person missions fighting tougher enemies).

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic