Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,795

LieutenantFatman

It's an interesting idea to have Spiderman turn up to reported crimes in progress but to get something very different to what's expected. As you both say, it would certainly be a lot more realistic and believable. Sounds like the sort of thing they put in The Witcher 3 for the occasional side quest. Not everything is initially as it seems and you have to aware of other people's bias and tendency to exaggerate.

These Spiderman crime scenarios were mostly all filler content though with no narrative attached to them. Something to make the city feel more alive. Would be good for the sequel to find a way to mix things up a bit and keep people guessing.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Col_McCafferty

I agree that the crime alerts in the Spider-Man sequel should be handled differently, perhaps fewer and some lead to side quests or interesting NPC interactions.

The whole Spider-Cop thing is meant to be a tad cringe and annoying. It's just Peter goofing around, part of his character.

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Hopefully you will prefer how the police are represented in Miles Morales, as there are almost non existent in that game.

And will the game give you another forum avatar you reckon? 😂

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Immediately after starting the game with the opening cutscenes at Fisk Tower, I was amazed that guards’ heads weren’t rolling around in mid air and there weren’t facial deformities. Unfortunately looks like there won’t be much material for a new avatar 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

nessisonett

One thing I’ve been really enjoying in Spider-Man is the many extra suits just available at the start for free. Been switching them up based on the situation, like his stealth suit from Far From Home in the night time sections and now I’m in the rainy bit in Act 2 I’ve found the Amazing Spider-Man suit looks great in that lighting! Still not sold on the Advanced suit though, been mostly sticking to the classic one.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

PhhhCough

Astro's playroom😅
Gonna pick up returnal tomorrow

Edited on by PhhhCough

PhhhCough

velio84

I got a bit bored from just Returnal and Dirt 5 (Dirt 5 was quite fun initially but got very repetitive, very fast). And for Returnal I'm keeping it to 1 run per day.
So I looked through the library to play a game from the PS+ (and justify it to myself) and started A Plague Tale: Innocence last night. Honestly went in without any expectations, but the story seems really heavy and really good. Loving it so far. Got to the chapter where I now have to follow an aqueduct.

psn: chilliesandbeer

colonelkilgore

@velio84 yeah it’s a quality game that. Had quite a lot of The Last of Us about it for me.

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

Thrillho

@velio84 It’s a great experience, especially for a “AA” game.

It does have a couple of infuriating combat related moments that everyone encounters but I’ve only seen positive reactions to it on here. A very achievable platinum too if that’s your thing.

Thrillho

render

@velio84 It’s a solid game that gets better as you go. It’s made me keen to checkout the sequel when it arrives.

render

velio84

@colonelkilgore It does indeed have a TLOU vibe walking around with a companion and working together.

@Thrillho I’m amazed how good and detailed the game looks. That first village, I really felt like I was in medieval France. Love the voice acting as well. I can see the combat being a weak link from the little time I had with the slingshot, but then again, it’s not really an action game so for me it’s not that big of a deal. As for the Platinum - I doubt I’ll go for it.

@render Love the “it get’s better” thing as I’m really into it already.

Edited on by velio84

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Enjoy! It really is cracking little game.

I'm currently playing Dirt 5 myself, and can see what you mean abut the rumble. There doesn't seem to much nuance to it, it seems to be either on full whack or hardly at all with not much in between.

The racing itself is quite fun, I quite like the frozen tracks, but dislike some of the more novelty vehicles. The podcasts are awful though, proper cringe.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

render

@JohnnyShoulder @velio84 I reached the end of the career mode last night and can promise you the “story”, unlike Plague, only gets worse.

The races don’t differ that much and it feels like there should be a greater variety of events. The one event type that I found I enjoyed the most is pathfinder. It’s a good challenge without being too difficult. The gymkhana and score attack stuff I thought would have been more fun but just ended up frustrating me, hence one of the trophies I don’t have is scoring 30,000 on a gymkhana event.

Overall Wreckfest was much more enjoyable for me and I might go back to playing that if I need a bit of a racing game fix.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render Yeah I don't think I will be able to get that trophy either as I've only manages 8k so far.

velio84

My issues with Dirt 5 is the lack of events variety as already mentioned. But further to that - the lack of performance optimisations for the cars. The stuff that’s supposed to keep you engaged is liveries from sponsors, which I only did for 1 car, hooking up with a sponsor, which also seemed completely useless and customising your profile card which was the biggest wtf with the game. The gymkhana is really not fun indeed, too. I'm in the middle of second to last tier in the career and currently it feels like I’m doing the same race with the same vehicles, circling between few tracks. The events variety earlier in the career was way bigger than now.
As far as rumble in the controller goes - one event it was so bad, I honestly thought it broke my controller - all sorts of funky sounds and rattles were coming from it. I booted up Returnal to verify if it’s broken or not.
Might give Wreckfest a go if I get too tired of Dirt, completely forgot I have that one as well from PS+

JudgeDredd

@JohnnyShoulder There's Frozen tracks?! Do you wanna build a snowman?

You can mute the podcast stuff, I genuinely loathed that so realising I could mute it instantly made the game better.

@render Yeah, the Gymkhana stuff should be fun but I don't like it either. I've gotten around 22 thousand but 30 for a trophy is a tall order.

Most of what I enjoy about the game is getting to use some classic cars I really like but due to the arcade nature of the game they all feel very similar. I tend to just have a few races here and there but not really more than 30 minutes or so at a time. It would have been great as a handheld game.

JudgeDredd

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder @Iver @velio84 It’s a shame it Dirt 5 sounds so limited as I was looking forward to a decent arcade racer.

Maybe I’ll just have to hope for a next (current?) gen Need for Speed game as they seem to get average reviews but I enjoy them!

Thrillho

velio84

@Thrillho
As far as an arcade racer is concerned, my hopes are for the new Test Drive. Really hope that turns out good.

JudgeDredd

@Thrillho It's been a few years since the last NFS so I'm kind of hoping they announce a new one this year. It's a series I've always enjoyed, too.

In the arcade space you might like Art of Rally. It's minimalistic rallying with a surprisingly nuanced handling system. It's very chill in its presentation and satisfying to play, especially when you hook it up.

JudgeDredd

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Ha ha that would be an immediate turn off if that was the case.

Cool. That will be the first thing I do when I next play the game.

@Thrillho it's still worth a shout as I'm still enjoying the racing mostly. Maybe a good game to have on the side.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic