Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,359

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 OK, so the skill gap would probably be too big to play actual matches between us (I imagine it would be rather one-sided) but if we can set up a voice chat and a private lobby, maybe I can still help somehow
A few things to try in the meantime:

• Have you completed the Mission Mode? There's some good stuff in it, very helpful. The last page is pretty advanced so you probably don't want to try to do everything in one go but I very much recommend checking it out.
  • I would suggest focusing on one character first. Playing multiple characters is cool but I think it makes getting better harder. I only really know how to play one myself (apart for some very basic stuff for a couple others that I picked up when hunting for trophies)
  • Get familiar with numpad notation - it will make talking about specifics easier
  • The above website is actually a very good go-to resource for the game (and other ArcSys games) - not only it contains descriptions of every move and its applications but also some some advice for each character as well as playing against them

Voltan

lolwhatno

@colonelkilgore Second person to notice, you're spot on lol.
It was one of the funniest/saddest fights in the series, and the lore behind it was equally effed up. Love how he breaks his arm to use it as a bat and his angry screams in the intro.
I loved the cartoon, the way he looks in hoplesness to the sky, and how he looks cute in the same time is awesome.

*STOP THE UIGHURS GENOCIDE CHINA, You're disgusting
(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

MightyDemon82

@Voltan thanks you've been Incredibly helpful and I'll take you up on that offer soon but I'll get cracking with all those tips. Deciding who to main will be tough.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 On the character select screen, each character has an "ease of play" rating ranging from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the easiest (only Ky has 5, I believe). It's generally accurate but you should still consider who looks and feels best to you first. Maybe avoid characters that have less than 3 stars for now.
Ky, Sol, Giovanna and Ramlethal are usually considered the most "beginner friendly", as far as I know.
I play Chipp myself - I don't think he's too complicated but he does rely on very precise timing sometimes and has one serious downside: lowest health in the game.

Oh and one more thing if you haven't done it yet. The game doesn't really ever tell you this but you can bind dash, Roman Cancel and Burst to buttons on your controller. It makes playing on a console controller a lot easier, especially the RC button - pressing 3 buttons at the same time to RC is a pain.

I have RC set to R2, Burst to L1 and Dash to L2. I'm honestly not sure why they aren't bound by default

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@Voltan I'll get into it this week and see who I might stick with and I'll take your advice and remap buttons, I usually just adapt but in this case it might be more beneficial. Thanks again, hope you have a great day.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 You don't need to change any of the existing button mappings - just add the few that are unmapped by default - especially the Roman Cancel button. Unless you're playing on an arcade stick, it's nearly impossible to press 3 face buttons at the same time without holding the controller in some awkward way, and RC is an absolutely essential mechanic in Guilty Gear.

Voltan

LieutenantFatman

I got a few hours into Bugsnax. Interesting game, not something I'd usually play. I'm not sure if I'll have the patience to finish it, but I am finding the narrative quite interesting, feels a lot more aimed at adults than I would have expected.

LieutenantFatman

KilloWertz

@Voltan As long as you maintain that ranking...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

velio84

Finally tried Dirt 5 that came with PS+ last night. Did the first 4 races from the campaign and really enjoyed it. I forgot how fun an arcade racer can be. The dual sense implementation is not that great though. Not that it’s bad, but I played a bit of WRC 9 last year and that had one of the best implementations of the controller. I’d say along the likes of Returnal and Astro. So from that point I have really high expectations for GT7 being a first party game.

psn: chilliesandbeer

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 I don't have any interest in Gran Turismo 7, but I am in how they implement 3D audio and the DualSense. I also think there will a PSVR2 version when that is out, which I also don't have any interest in lol.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@velio84 I thought the DualSense implantation was pretty good compared to Wreckfest but then I’ve not played WRC9. There’s a good level of feedback on different surfaces but some are definitely done better than others. The triggers again aren’t too bad but I’m sure could be even better.

I’m a good way into the career mode now and there’s actually some very challenging events. The ones I’ve struggled with the most are the gymkhana events. Getting a good number of points in those is ridiculously hard. I noticed that one of the trophies is get 30,000 points. The most I’ve had is about 10,000.

render

velio84

@JohnnyShoulder
I’ll let you know how it’s implemented come release day 🙂 I’m still undecided on psvr2, never tried a vr set before so I’ll certainly not rush to get one when released. Will most likely wait to see what games come out and potentially try it in a shop or something. But certainly not a day 1 purchase. I’d rather invest in a better tv

@render the surfaces in Dirt 5 are indeed implemented good, but where Dirt eats dirt compared to WRC is the acceleration and braking. These are so much prominent in WRC and they even change based in the damage you have on the car and the surface. For example when you lock the brakes on a slippery surface, the left trigger eases the resistance, while braking hard on asphalt, you have to pull hard on the trigger. With the acceleration, if your engine or gears are damaged, you can feel the trigger slipping in revs or when it can’t change gears. Awesome stuff.
And last, but not least - my most favourite thing actually. I was playing with a Lancia Stratos and Lancia Delta Integrale. Both classic old school rally cars. The gear change is quite loud and cluncky. Anytime the car changes gear, you feel the gear change through the whole controller. It’s SO satisfying 😀

render

@velio84 I really like the sound of that, seems like they nailed it with WRC. I might be tempted to take a look at that as well once I’ve got through Dirt 5 career mode. Also might buy GT7 as well @JohnnyShoulder, it looks like it’s shaping up to be a great game.
Back in the PS2 days I had a Logitech wheel and didn’t like playing driving games with a controller but with the haptics and triggers being so good I’ve not minded it at all.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 What was WRC like? I hear it is a pretty hard-core rally game which has out me off, but have also heard good things about how it uses the DualSense. I think I played one of them on PS4 (could even been on 360) and really enjoyed.

@render I played the first two Gran Turismo but found them to be too much of a sim for me. I remember some of the tests being really hard also. I'm much more of an arcade racer, but even then it will only be one or two game a year.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

velio84

@JohnnyShoulder it’s pretty hard. Even though you can adjust the difficulty and the assistance, the tracks are still hard and you need to be pinned - every small mistake costs you a lot. From what you’re saying, I doubt you’ll enjoy it. You probably will be better off with GT7 if you are keen to try a racer with good dual sense support

Col_McCafferty

Finished TLoU 2 yesterday in so decided to play something tonally and graphically different in Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Very different lol.

Very pretty, gameplay and puzzles nothing we haven't seen before but it's quite a chilling game and the rot are a delight.

Col_McCafferty

KilloWertz

@velio84 Completely off topic, but we can't send messages on here and I couldn't send you one on PSN because of your privacy settings... I accepted your friends request, but then deleted you. I don't normally add people as close friends on there often, but if that's the only option, it's fine. I didn't realize I couldn't send you a friends request because of your privacy settings, so whenever you see this, add me again. Thanks.

I'll cheat and say I'd pick GT7 between the two as well. I've yet to ever finish a Gran Turismo game either as I'm more of an arcade racer person too.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic