Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,130

Thrillho

Playing Judgment and one of the friends you can make in game can only be achieved by winning a round of Mahjong (with a special rule in place).

I had a quick read of a guide and had a basic enough understanding to fluke a win but fair play to @colonelkilgore if you learnt enough to get whatever you needed for the completion list in Yakuza Kiwami!

Thrillho

nessisonett

First impressions of Spider-Man Miles Morales are way more positive than I expected coming straight off the remastered first game. Graphics are noticeably prettier, I’m a sucker for snow in games in general but it really does look stunning even just in Performance RT rather than Fidelity, which looks brilliant but I’d rather the 60FPS. Sound is massively improved via headphones too, the first one was a bit muffled but this sounds crystal clear.

Miles has a bit more personality too, he’s a bit of a dork in the first game which honestly isn’t all that accurate in terms of a portrayal, he’s always had his head screwed on a lot better than Peter in many areas. I’m surprised by how many nods to his comics past there are in there too, not just from his mainstream Earth 616 stuff but the old Ultimate universe stuff too. Especially nice to see Danika as a podcast, a great way to update her story for modern audiences and of course, it’s nice to see Ganke properly adapted, although maybe a slight shame that he’s been relegated to ‘guy he met in school’ rather than ‘lifelong friend and almost brother’ because they’ve given that role to somebody else. That somebody else has unfortunately been spoiled for me due to a combination of comics knowledge and deduction from a couple voice lines. Still intrigues me to see where they go with it. Very nice to see them acknowledge his Puerto Rican heritage too, it wasn’t really mentioned at all in the first one. Him being bilingual in New York of all places, it just makes sense that he uses both English and Spanish talking to NPCs.

Combat’s just got that slight edge over the first one solely due to the venom powers. They feel great to pull off, with proper heft behind them. I’ll miss impact webs though, easily one of my favourite abilities in any game.

Final thoughts on Spider-Man Remastered’s DLCs - Black Cat was great, Hammerhead was pretty bad, Silver Sable’s character was at least redeemed a bit from her acting like a moron during the main game. Mostly unremarkable but sorta pulled it together at the end. The second episode was pants but bookended by much better ones. Kinda love that they outright say that Peter was sleeping with Black Cat during his split with MJ pre-game though, these games are usually more prudish than realistic.
There’s loads of plot threads left unresolved for the sequel too!

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho well done by winning a game in the manner that you needed too. What was the special rule btw?

Learning mahjong was nothing compared to the Climax battles and the 🤬ing Car Chase on Legendary though 😅.

Whatever became of that fearsome ne’er-do-well?

RogerRoger

nessisonett wrote:

There’s loads of plot threads left unresolved for the sequel too!

I'm real glad you're enjoying Miles Morales as much as you are but yeah, that point in particular? It's gonna be frustratingly predictable when Marvel's Spider-Man 2 comes around and everybody starts complaining that they've no idea what happened to Yuri because they didn't bother with the DLC.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore The rule wasn’t too much of an issue really as it was “wareme” which is randomly assigned to one player and gives them double points won or lost at the end of the hand.

It just means that you a) have to wait for the 1/4 chance of you getting it and then b) win that round.

Luckily it didn’t take me too long but that was more luck than anything.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

VivianXD2464

just started Resident Evil VII today and already ***** my pants 3 hours in...

PSN: VivianXD2464
Discor:- VivianXD24#2239

sorteddan

@VivianXD2464
...And that's as good a recommendation for that as could be hoped for!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@nessisonett
I've recently completed Miles Morales and by far my favourite improvement was the removal of the sneaky stealth sections which destroyed the flow of the original for me.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@Sorteddan The fact they had the audacity to put a stealth section in the paid DLC boggles the mind 😂

Voltan

Soooo does the legacy of thieves collection upgrade unlock at midnight?
Turns out I own Lost Legacy digitally, so I shouldn’t even need a disc (but I did unearth the U4 one just in case)

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan Same here, but we shouldn't need to use the disc for Uncharted 4. It should just use The Lost Legacy as the "key" to getting the $10 upgrade, and then have them both be digital since you only need one to get both of them upgraded this time. For once, it seems like they've made things simple for upgrading.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

@KilloWertz I just kinda initially thought I had both of the games on discs so I found U4 first and then realized my LL was digital

Edit: Nice, it just showed up as a discount - no extra steps needed. Downloading now.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Col_McCafferty

Kena, it's a bit hard no?

I mean not to Soulsborne veterans but some of the boss battles are really frustrating and have me aching to drop the difficulty. It's a really good game though, looks very pretty and runs well although the framerate drops during cutscenes, which is quite odd.

Ember Lab are very talented, Sony should snap them up quick before someone else does.

😉

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

Voltan

Uncharted 4 plays great at 60fps but more importantly it sounds SO GOOD with the headphones 3D audio thingy.

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan Not that I would be playing it yet anyways, but if I was going to, damn people that live on the other side of the world.

@Col_McCafferty You aren't wrong. Granted some people didn't have the issues I did, I had to take a break from the game. When I went back to it I ended up dropping the difficulty down anytime I had a boss battle.

I wish I had thought of that sooner since it was pretty disappointing to give up on a game I was really looking forward to, but in the end I ended up loving it once I went back to it. There's nothing wrong with dropping the difficulty at times if it means you'll enjoy the game better.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nessisonett

Pretty cool that Miles Morales has actual vinyl albums recreated. Although anybody who didn’t choose Art Blakey’s Moanin’ is objectively wrong 😉

Col_McCafferty

@KilloWertz I had to drop it down for one corrupted boss but on reflection I regret doing so. I beat the second corrupted boss but man it took a while, died so many times. I did some online research which kind of helped me form a strategy but pulling it off was a different matter altogether!

I think I kept going because on a few tries I could see that it was working, although these attempted were often followed by really bad ones where I just gave up. The key was to make sure I had at least one health 'station' left to use during the second phase otherwise I had no chance.

I think if HFW was out next week or there was something else I was busting to play, maybe I'd drop it to Easy and just blast through it but I'm no rush.

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

render

@Voltan Think I’m going to get the upgrade today and take a look. Are you playing from scratch or did you import your save?

@Col_McCafferty I found it hard as well. The biggest challenge for me was some of the earlier bosses. The ones later on I had less bother with.

render

colonelkilgore

I got a bad feeling that chasing Kena’s Platinum trophy will be a similar experience to the one I had with Ashen… and it’s kinda put me off starting it if I’m honest 😅. The Children of Sissna difficulty on Ashen was an ordeal and a half… and judging from everyone’s experiences on Kena’s Normal difficulty, I can only imagine the Master setting being a real pain in the bum too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

Whatever became of that fearsome ne’er-do-well?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic