Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,757

Th3solution

So now that we’re comfortably into the 100th page… 😄

I was able to get a couple hours to work on Act 3 and after combing Biome 1 for some clues as to what to do next (the house was dark) and reading the pillar which says something about the Sun, I went through every nook and cranny of the entire Biome, including beating Phrike again and doing the challenge room, only to find nothing. Only then do I realize I may not have all the house sequences. Turns out that I never did any house sequences in Biome 4. I’m not sure if the option was there all along, but I think I’ve been just running past the house in my dozens of times to run through Biome 4. 😅 Man, what was I thinking?! So I’ve got one of the B4 house sequences and I reckon I’ll have to restart a run to get the other one. Then maybe I can start collecting these items I need. It’s all very cryptic, but I can’t believe I just ignored the house on all these times I played through that biome.

Good news is at least I got the B1 survey trophy in the process. I’m not even sure what the requirements for it are but it popped during that run.

@Voltan Thanks, as you had basically advised me about what I needed to do, but when the house was dark in B1 I thought I was already done with all of them. Now I think I get it as I read back on your comment and you did warn me to check on B1 and B4 house status

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Elodin 😅 I am not sure how spoiler-free that people may want to be. Ned is pretty new to the game so I was extra conservative with the spoiler tags.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost Not a pain at all. Thankfully we have spoiler tags to utilize if we want to.

If you’ve not seen it yet, there is a separate spoiler thread for discussion about the Returnal story. I’ve steered clear of it for now, but after finishing it then we can go there to share impressions and theories freely.

NedStarksGhost

@Th3solution I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. I do love a discussion thread after finishing something!

NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

So I've had a few attempts at Biome 4, and this is definitely more difficult now! I can see this taking me some time to get through!

NedStarksGhost

render

@NedStarksGhost B4 can feel a little easier after B3 but it has got a few rooms just on the main route that are a challenge. You’ll get the hang of the environment soon though and be back on it again. It’s an awesome level and really builds towards a great boss fight.

render

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost Biome 4 and Biome 2 are probably my favorite ones. Biome 3 was my least favorite (but still fun in its own frustrating and soul-crushing way 😅)

NedStarksGhost

@render awesome, can't wait. I think part of it is getting the muscle memory back after playing Uncharted in the week

@Th3solution yeah it's a good biome, the enemies have some interesting moves that challenge you!

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost I love the whole music thing and how the narrative really starts to ramp up.

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 That is quite literally the case with Biomes 4 and 5.

Think Biomes 2 and 4 were my faves. Biome 2 cos I liked the temple and Biome 4 cos of the journey upto the boss felt almost magical. And that quite possibly it is supposed to be Selene's father.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

NedStarksGhost

So had a good run for about 3 hours. Managed to beat Biome 4 (that was an awesome boss) and get through 5. I was very fortunate as I had a parasite that healed me at low integrity and a Caribne with the leech perk which restored health. Without them, most certainly would've been toast.

Sadly on Biome 6 I got, I think, half way. And died by a random enemy because I just was impatient and too into the action. Never mind!

NedStarksGhost

render

@NedStarksGhost Well done for getting through 4 and 5 in one go. 4 is amazing and the climb up to the boss fight and every thing after is a real highlight.

Some get stuck on 5 for a while so brilliant that your past that. It does up the difficulty some again but feels like a major achievement when you best it. I’m sure you’ll be back on it in no time.

The thing with B6 is just take your time and be patient. Don’t worry about rushing in so much and distance can be your friend.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@NedStarksGhost Yeah well done, although I rinsed through Biome 4 first go, I really struggled with biome 5. I wasn't until I went to back to revisit it for collectibles that was able to enjoy it.

Thrillho

@NedStarksGhost Nice one. Luckily you never need to do B5 again though as you can bypass that one almost instantly.

You did well to get through that one first go!

Thrillho

NedStarksGhost

@render @JohnnyShoulder @Thrillho

Thanks all. I do put it down to lucky drops with the parasite and weapons! But yes that boss fight for B4 was immense, great build up to it!

I have a question for you all. Have I missed out on much from beating B1/2/3 first go and not repeating each Biome?

I know with this I've been in the house a few times in B4 and it's been different each time so I'm curious if I've missed anything from the first act.

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic