Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 961 to 980 of 4,712

jdv95

@JJ2 yeah there is a site saying that the august state of play will host a GOW reveal with a late 2021 release and the revival of an old playstation franchise as a launch game. all according to a guy on twitter who got some xbox event reveals guesses right lol.

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Yeah I'm not convinced how good Gamepass is for the industry in the long run. Great for the consumer for sure.

From what we have seen over the last few weeks I'm not sure everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet with MS in regards to the direction of Xbox going forward. You have Phil Spencer being quite aggressively against exclusives and then a load announced at the event yesterday. It makes no difference to me really as it would needed to take Sony doing something MS did at the reveal of this gen to make me jump ship, just like I did with 360 to PS4. But for the people that are undecided it is not a good look.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@KratosMD I’m a little surprised that the big upcoming PS5 games do all seem to be sequels, established franchises, or remakes (in the case of Demon’s Souls). But the likes of Rift Apart and Horizon 2 appear to have sufficient innovation that they may play like something new. But I agree, one thing I’ve liked about Sony’s output this generation has been a nice stream of new IP exclusives from 1st and 2nd party to compliment the other remakes and sequels. Death Stranding, Horizon, Concrete Genie, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, Hellblade, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne....
So I assume Sony will come through with the new IP eventually. I think they want to bring excitement to the average gamer who is going to glob onto something that they recognize and then the hardcore like us will get to see more about the new stuff later.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution There have been some new IP announced: Godfall, Destruction AllStars, Returnal, Project Athia, Quantum Error, Pragmata with more to be announced over the coming weeks I'm sure.

Don't forget the PS5 event last time round was only a first look at what was coming.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

The only console I got (roughly) on launch was Wii. It would have been Christmas 2006 and Wii Sports was unlike anything I’d seen before so those first few matches of Tennis will definitely stay with me. Somewhat tainted by the fact it was a consolation present as I later found out about my deadbeat dad’s various debts and infidelities but hey, Wii Sports was fun that Christmas! 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JJ2

Broken Sicon with NXGamer. 2 cool guys. A bit long but some interesting listen here and there.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

RenanKJ

So here we are, almost at the end of August, and nothing about the price or official pre-orders. Do you think Sony is still evaluating if PlayStation 5 can be released this year? It kinda feels like this information would be public by now if we didn't have the covid-19 situation.

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

nessisonett

@RenanKJ As much as I’d love to hope not, it does look that way to me. They’re cutting it too fine, price should be known months in advance so you know if you’re going to save up or not. Not everyone has that kind of spare cash.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JJ2

@RenanKJ
Ps5 and Sex are launching this year. Xbox confirmed again recently for November. There was an article in July that Sony starts shipping the first batch of PS5 this month.
Even if they wanted, of course not, there would be no point to delay.

Edited on by JJ2

JohnnyShoulder

Although not entirely impossible, I find it hard to believe that the consoles would be delayed this close to when they are launching. The consoles have been known about for at least 18 months, if you needed to start saving that is when you should have started.

Octane

Yeah, you could've started saving money two years ago. And it's not suddenly going to be a $800 machine, so if you've saved 600, you should be absolutely fine. Spend the rest on booze and drugs. Problem solved.

Octane

Octane

@phil_j Seems plausible. I personally think it's a January or February game. It seems like it's a good time for Bluepoint remasters. Gravity Rush Remastered and Shadow of the Colossus were released in January/February as well.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

I think it would be better to have some of the releases staggered, otherwise if they are all released at or close to launch, then there could be months of nothing. Which I'm fine with also as I can play ps4 games to fill in any gaps, but that will be something the Internet would constantly moan about.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’ll be curious to see how they roll the games out. Launch games seem to overachieve their potential because of less competition on the console. When we all get our shiny new PS5’s we’re going to want a fancy 4K, Ray-Traced, Ginormous, technically sophisticated game that we can’t play on the older hardware. The attachment rate for the games in the first 6 months of a console would tend to be really high.

I’m leaning more and more toward buying a PS5 at launch but not if I’m going to just play my PS4 games on it. I’ll be more tolerant to play a mediocre game that is exclusive to the new tech than a similar low quality game on PS4, just because I’ll be hungry for a next gen experience. It’ll be interesting to see if backward compatibility, as well as free PS5 upgrades for the likes of Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs Legion, AC Valhalla etc. will affect sales of the launch line up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@LN78 Yes, for sure. I want to have some exclusive PS5 experiences to show off the new hardware.

TheFrenchiestFry

@LN78 It looks like Miles Morales is going to be that game

At first glance it looked like a basic standalone entry seperate from Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4, but the more I'm hearing about how they plan to utilize the DualSense controller features in addition to the faster load times and higher resolution/framerate options makes me think they're really going to flex what the hardware can do with this game

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic