Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 941 to 960 of 4,712

HMazzy111

Agreed! That design does look fantastic, although I'm not interested in racing sims so I wouldn't bother with that one

I'm hoping they bring some special editions out at release (or close to), but I reckon that is wishful thinking Im to impatient to wait a year or even 6 months after release day for a different colour or design! I'll just end up getting the release model.

HMazzy111

JohnnyShoulder

I noticed in the latest Ghost of Tsushima article, there was a bit of confusion in regards to the file size of the game, and I still see in places people grumbling about the apparent small size of storage you get with PS5. So here is a video explaining it all!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

Unless the discless PS5 is like £200 cheaper then I honestly can't see any reason to pick that one. It's probably going to be £50 cheaper or something, and for a piece of hardware I'll use for... what... six or seven years? That's not much of a saving. I'd rather spend the extra £50 and know that I can play a game if my mum buys me a physical game for Christmas or something. The saving just isn't enough to lose the option.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JJ2

Whatever we ll see.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

Quite literally going to be hands on with the Dual Sense controller lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Really looking forward to seeing Geoff grasp some handles and waggle some sticks.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Ryall

@KratosMD The Microsoft event was very much a game pass show. There are clearly many nice things coming to game pass for a very reasonable price.

The PS5 will have exclusive games that in my opinion will be better than anything on game pass but if you want to play them at launch you’ll have to pay top dollar for them.

It’s always been the case but the earlier you buy something the more expensive it is. The prices of PS5 games are only going one way and that’s down. Whereas games rotate off game pass and you missed the opportunity to play them for free.

As both systems will provide an enhanced experience the current for games. In the absence of NextGen exclusive you want to play it’s probably most sensible to upgrade the system you’re likely to use the most first.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

Plus not every third party game is on game pass day one, so you would need to buy those if any of those interest you, or wait until they do come on the service.

Kidfried

I think Ratchet & Clank 2016 is a must-play. Moreso than any of the last Fable games, any State of Decay or the most recent Halo game. That R&C game looks great, plays great and doesn't overstay its welcome for a minute.

Also, don't forget that the last R&C16 was released as a mid-price game (40 euro), being a remake, where Rift Apart is a much more ambitious project too.

I totally agree with you though that money-wise Game Pass (being able to play the newest games for a subscription) is a better deal for many gamers than playing games 2 years after the fact, even if it's a low price.

For me price is less of a factor - because not money but time is the most restricting factor in the amount of games I'm playing - so something like GamePass is nice, but at the end of the day I care more about the most unique gaming experience. The amount of time and money you have will of course differ from person to person. From what I gather from you, you spend a lot more time gaming than I do, so than it's totally understandable that money would be more of a deciding factor for next-gen.

Kidfried

JJ2

An interesting twist that PS5 is coming out as the premium console and the SeX is coming out as the good value console. 🙃

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Th3solution

@KratosMD I see what you’re saying and I think @Kidfried has a good point about the issue of time vs money. But my question is (and I speak from a point of ignorance on this as I haven’t followed the Xbox reveal info and know very little about their ecosystem) that my understanding is that Microsoft’s approach is not to alienate players who already have a OneX as they are saying that all next gen output on their system will still be playable on the current gen hardware for a while. I mean, I guess if you want the faster load times and more stable frame rate then you’ll want the Series X, but you can keep GamePass and play Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Forza, Fable... all on your Xbox One X and use your next gen budget on PS5 since R&C Rift Apart, Horizon 2, etc is not playable on PS4. I’m just asking the question, not advocating one way or the other, but I was just surprised when I saw Phil Spencer double down on the fact that they won’t have games for a while on next gen that are locked onto that new hardware

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ2

@KratosMD
I think what hes saying is those next gen exclusives are still years away and you can access GP games on your current xbox for a good while.
Anyway it's fine if you go for xbox SeX. Why not?

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, I haven’t really understood how that could be possible to not eventually move on from the current gen capabilities. I haven’t really paid much attention or the other major consoles (Nintendo and MS Xbox), and honestly I haven’t even watched firsthand the PS5 reveal information. Because, like you say, so much of this phase of the pre-release is all about positioning and corporate politicking until the actual units are out there in the wild to experience first hand.

I do hope Sony sees how great GamePass is going for Xbox and implements something similar or modifies PS Plus or Now to be more competitive with it. I’ve never owned an Xbox unit, but buying a One X or a Series X and getting Gamepass and never even having to buy a single game is an interesting proposition as a second console. (Still going to have to get a PS5 for me due to the investment I have in it’s franchises so far). But again for me, it’s the time thing. It’s the only commodity that you can’t make more of, and I’m already strapped with just one console. But man, I do want to play Hellblade 2. I still ponder my experience with the first game. I have no previous experience or emotional ties to Halo, Gears, Forza, etc , but I do want to see where Ninja Theory goes with that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ2

@KratosMD
Well I just said they are years away. Arent they?

Th3solution

@KratosMD Despite my large PlayStation brand loyalty in practice, I try to be realistic and avoid blind fanboyism. I stay with PlayStation out of practicality and simplicity for my life. I’ve come close many times to getting a Switch and an Xbox, but it makes my head hurt to try to figure out a whole new gaming network and research what games are good, etc. However, I’m with you that from my observational point of view the Microsoft acquisitions have really set them for a bright future if they don’t screw it up. If they let these developers innovate and work on projects they are passionate about then they will start to have a library to woo more people over. They have the business side down with things like Gamepass and their pricing structure, now they need the artistic side that Nintendo and Sony have really been better at. Right now it’s hard to say Sony first party studios aren’t the current leaders, but like you say, the stable of developers MS has now will give them a better run for their money next gen.

JJ2

Yes, there are wild rumours about PS5 and new games reveal that a few sites are running with now. It's coming from Moores Law is Dead. I watched the video but like I said it's very 'wild" and maybe best to ignore for now. I like the man but, yeah 🤷‍♂️wild

Edited on by JJ2

Octane

I'm kinda glad Sony isn't doing a GamePass, because it will hurt the quality of games in the end. You can't expect high quality games every year for a measily 10 bucks a months. Yes, it sounds like a great deal, but the publisher will give their devs a limited budget, because they're very dependent on a monthly sub. The quality of a game doesn't matter. A broken State of Decay brings in just as much revenue as a Halo for example. Of course, good games will garner more subs, but it's very dependent on the current user base, and they're already paying a set amount per month.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic