Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 4,712

TheFrenchiestFry

@LN78 I doubt Demon's Souls is launch day. Given it was one of the many games during the event that wasn't given a concrete window, I'm betting it's probably a Q2-Q3 title for 2021

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheFrenchiestFry

@LN78 Honestly I'm just a PlayStation loyalist so I'm getting it day one no matter what

It helps that next-gen consoles always come out extremely close to my birthday, and my parents are feeling particularly nice this year given I ended up securing a spot in one of my unis of choice in addition to making honors, so it should be easy to persuade them

Plus Spider-Man

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry This is such an expensive hobby for a student. I feel like I’d be brought up before some sort of judiciary board for spending my scholarship on a PS5 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Oh I'm not putting my tuition funds or stuff like that towards a console

My dad just treats me to stuff whenever I do well in school lol he's nice like that

TheFrenchiestFry

WanderingBullet

I have some doubts about Black Myth: Wu Kong mainly because its being developed by a Chinese studio and we all know that in general Chinese developers don't have good track record of making top quality games but I'm more interested in this than any of the games announced for the PS5 so far. Really hope it's good and that it comes to the PS5.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BearsEatBeets

Just watched a vid from Push Square favourite Foxy Games UK where he states he was at a press event yesterday that he can't divulge the contents of yet. Taking him at his word it gives me the feeling that we might be finally getting info next week (coincides with Gamescom). Gives the people present time to get articles/videos ready for when the NDA lifts.
Anyone interested can catch it here

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JJ2

@BearsEatBeets
'Push Square favourite' haha love it.
Yes I dont even follow him on twitter but somehow I saw he was going on and on about it just BEFORE Sony dropped a few info bits about DS and add spot..
I'm not sure what to think of it and sometimes Foxy is being a bit 'silly' so to speak. He is a good man though (IMHO) and I felt bad when PushSquare attacked him in a hit piece.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

@JJ2 I must have missed whatever the drama is 😂

BearsEatBeets

@JJ2 He pops up in my Youtube recommendations fairly often and I watch some from time to time. It mostly seems to be a lot of vague rumour stuff but I have no reason to disbelieve he attended an event and saw some currently secret PS5 stuff.

BearsEatBeets

JJ2

@BearsEatBeets
We should hear some rumours about it from other sources too soon I guess? Like someone just saying 'Yes I attended an Sony event's.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

BearsEatBeets

@JJ2 I would have thought so. Not sure I'm aware of any more UK based youtubers, but should hear from somewhere on twitter or something maybe.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Untitled

JJ2

@nessisonett
So this is the exact quote :
'The content that will be in the launch window and beyond is incredibly exciting. I would say that this is the best line-up that we've ever seen in the history of PlayStation, between our Worldwide Studios groups and our partners from all the different publishers around the world. We've revealed some of that content, and naturally there will be more to come, but the way that the developers can engage with this platform, and create these new experiences with known IP as well as unknown IP, is incredibly exciting."

I would say it's hard to question especially when you dont know what 'and beyond' entails.
Of course there would be some salty comments downplaying it though. 🤷‍♂️

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Any idea on a release window for the PS5? Doesn't seem to be much online..
But, allegedly, according to certain evidence, Demon's Souls (the remake) will be a launch title.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic As it stands, release window is Holiday 2020. I’m not sure I see Demon’s Souls at launch but it could be a couple of months in. To be honest though, it’s better waiting for patches with the Souls games, they’re a nightmare at launch.

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not much online? Where have you been looking? 🤣 Sony have pretty much from the day they announced the console said they would be aiming for Holiday 2020. They have confirmed this on several occasions, the latest being 3 days ago: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/sony_stresses_one_mor...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

So what exactly are the launch games? The only ones I know of are Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Godfall and all the various PS4 to PS5 upgrades. I think they need a few more big launch games, although I'm probably forgetting something.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic