Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 581 to 600 of 4,712

JJ2

I wasted my time reading Kotaku JS article about next gen 'news'. Basically both ps5 and xb2 are similar specs, and theres going to be a discless cheaper next gen xbox like the SAD.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JJ2

So I thought it was a joke following a silly article but a few people seem really annoyed that PS5 will have (some) exclusives games at launch. (According to leak)
Some people really got brain washed by this forward compatibility pr talk smoke and mirrors thing haha

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Doesn't every new console have some exclusives at launch? Some people get annoyed at such stupid things these days. If this gen was anything to go by, there will be a couple of first party exclusives, and the third party stuff will mostly be cross gen. I can't think of any third party titles which you could only play on ps4/XBO at launch anyway.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ryall

By the end of 2021 there will probably be third-party games at work on PS5, Next Box and PC but not the current generation consoles.

By the end of 2014 we had games like Assassin's Creed Unity that was on the PS4 but not the PS3.

Ryall

JJ2

I wonder if there isn't confusion with the numbers everyone gives here and there and lately Windows Central. The specs they give are exactly the same as the ones supposedly leaked one year ago when RDNA wasnt even known haha

JJ2

Ok I just have a question that my logic cant comprehend haha. I'm sorry if it's a silly question. I dont know sht about all that.
Here goes:
Sony and Ms gave a target TF to studios according to what they think the consoles will achieve, so they know what to target, correct?
That s the conversations that were going about before E3 that GI Reiner Twitter.
Then they send devkits and upgrade them when needed etc.
My thinking is the target they gave needed to be the pre RDNA architecture because that's what the devs have on their PCs before getting any devkit, and some even before the RDNA reveal.
So when people go about target with 'wow 12.9 Tf' or '12TF' that's actually GCN right?

JJ2

Yep its confusing. Even DF are confused.
My guess is Sony and Ms will never tell how many TF the next gen have because it would either misinformation or underwhelming. People believe whatever the press says anyway

For people wondering. I'm looking at it from a playstation gamer point of view and how to comprehend next gen and ps5.

Edited on by JJ2

DonJorginho

Do you guys think games you buy digitally such as GOT, TLOU2, Cyberpunk, FF7 etc if made cross gen will be a free upgrade for PS5 and will carry over or do you think Sony will make you pay for both versions?

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho I seem to remember certain titles like CoD Ghosts, you could pay a small fee to upgrade to the the ps4 version. Something similar might happen for ps5. I doubt you will be getting it for free.

Backwards compatibility muddies the water somewhat, but that will be just playing the same ps4 version on a ps5, not a new ps5 version (which is essentially a remaster) on a ps5. I be very surprised if that is offered for free.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I think it will be similar to that when a few games in 2020 get that £15 digital upgrade treatment like you said or the code with the disc.

I would love to see if the PS4 versions running on PS5 would perform better due to the SSD.

DonJorginho

WebHead

Sony gotta be pretty confident in their launch exclusives if they aren't holding back last of us 2 or ghost of tsushima

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

DonJorginho

@WebHead Maybe, gotta remember how meh the PS4 launch was though, Killzone was average, Knack was Knack and the rest were just third party ports.

DonJorginho

JJ2

@Ryall
I think they use same CU count and clock as ps4 , ps4 pro for BC everything else is different though.
Definitely new gen, no doubt about it.

Ryall

@JJ2 It feels more like the transition from PS1 to PS2. Rather than the craziness that was PS3. Or the break with the past that was the transition from PS3 to PS4.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

JJ2

I like the drama this year.
Dev at E3 : I got my PlayStation themed flip flops;)
Reiner : word is PlayStation has more flops
Moriarty: I hear stuff too.
Jason : SeX and PS5 whisper because they are close.
Insider : OMG I saw a new gen BUSH!!!
Or did I miss something?
Haha
Who knows, there could be some twist.
Happy new year everyone!

Edited on by JJ2

JJ2

WebHead

eh who cares? PS5 has PS4 BC and will have exclusives like the next god of war or gran turismo. PS4 gamers are gonna upgrade to PS5 regardless.

Xbox can have all the teraflops in the world but if it's too expensive and lack games it won't matter. PS gamers aren't gonna leave their game libraries and so on because third party games are slightly better on series x.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

JJ2

@WebHead
Well I sort of agree that it's not about who buys what or who wins though.
It's about information that a lot of people have no clue what it's about. NX video is very good IMHO and as being myself an ignorant.
You see too many people saying ps5 is 'weak' having no clue what they are talking about.

Edited on by JJ2

JohnnyShoulder

Interesting what EA said about next gen, hopefully it is true.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic