Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 4,712

Bentleyma

@Octane It’s a tech demo for Unreal Engine 5.

@render Definitely a good idea to go into it blind!

@Voltan I was impressed watching it on my phone! I bet it’s even better seeing it on a 4K TV.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Voltan

I checked out that Matrix thing. First part of it is an on-rails action sequence which looks absolutely amazing. This really is the future of cinematic action games. Next Naughty Dog game better look like that lol 😜

Then it lets you roam around the city. There’s not much happening but you can adjust the lighting angle and stuff so it still looks pretty good. There are some markers on the map that point to some signposts which I think could lead to some Easter eggs but it didn’t spend much time with it.

Edit: oh, and there’s a photo mode in the latter part

Anyway - that’s a very cool way to show off the engine and I’m excited to see actual games running on it in the near future!

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

Apparently they’re currently working with Santa Monica on Ragnarok and have worked on some big games before, including both Sony and Xbox 1st party.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Thrillho That’s unreal! Seriously though I can’t believe how good this looks. Just did the car chase again and it’s only the second time through that I really appreciate everything that’s going on here. The detail is incredible.

render

nessisonett

@jdv95 Invasions in the campaign sound brilliant. Love that system in Deathloop and in a sniping game it could be great fun.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

kinda weird the game did not get announced at TGA though.

would have been a great get for geoff imo.

jdv95

nessisonett

Sweet Jesus that Matrix thing is impressive. I’m not even a big fan of the movies but wow, chills flying through that city and just ogling the lighting system alone. The future definitely looks brighter.

Bentleyma

@Voltan I couldn’t figure out if the bit where Keanu Reeves is talking to us is real or in engine. 🤷

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @jdv95 I kinda fell off Sniper Elite 4 recently as I found the missions a bit samey. Glad for Rebellion though who I believe are still independent and self publish their games. And British. Hopefully they won't be bought out buy Ten Cent or someone similar. 😭 My dad proper loves those games too.

I wasn't totally blown away by The Matrix demo. Sure it was impressive in some places, but things like the character models and sound in the free roam section i thought were not that impressive. I appreciate it was only made by a small team, but I'm expecting things to be jaw dropping from a tech demo.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

@JohnnyShoulder i loved 3's MP and i'm not a big MP guy at all.

it was fun and dare i say i was not that bad at it.

was just fun lying in wait untill someone pops their head up lol.

jdv95

render

@JohnnyShoulder Rebellion make some great games. I saw an interview once with the head of the studio in which he was talking about budgets. The long and sort of it was something like they can make a game that’s 80% as good as the AAA studios but for a fraction of the cost.

I’ve always found that to be true of their games. You can tell they are all based on the same engine and formula but they are good solid games. They aren’t likely to turn out anything truly innovative but make some good fun games with a good sense of humour. Hopefully SE5 will be the same.

Edited on by render

render

Voltan

I spent a long time playing games that didn’t really use the DualSense features at all and today I launched Deathloop and was immediately reminded how good the controller is - it doesn’t even do anything crazy with it but even the basic haptic feedback is way more impactful than regular “legacy” rumble and the triggers are so cool

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Yeah the DualSense implementation in Deathloop is ace. Really like how all the guns feel too. Shame there ain't enough of em.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Most of the guns are unlocked after incredibly long-winded sidequests. I’ve got barely anything left of the story but I have quite a few guns still to unlock.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah think I got all the special ones apart from the one you get when you have to beat one of Charlie's games in Karl's Bay. Those are cool to use, but most other guns you find are just slight variations of the bog standard ones. Which I found a bit boring to use eventually.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic