Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 4,712

nessisonett

@Voltan Mine’s a 40 inch 4K Samsung at the minute. I really like the size but the backlight’s already dying, got big dim bands running vertical in two places. Really annoying as I only got it about 3 years ago.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett Mine’s a cheap-a$$ Sharp Android TV, which I also got about 3 years ago (very end of 2018) - but honestly size was the deciding factor as I really couldn’t fit anything bigger, and only these cheap ones were available at the time It was like €300 new.
The one feature it has that I really dig is built in Chromecast, so I can easily stream stuff from my laptop or phone to the big screen without any additional devices. Definitely doesn’t have the best LCD panel ever though.

Voltan

themcnoisy

@Thrillho spot on, I moved in Feb and my new living room is big, it's long. But if I could use a smaller TV and be comfy gaming from any seat I would. It's just not practical.

Also prior to having the C1, the PS5 looked better on my old TV but now it really is next gen with full blown HDR and no lag. I nearly beat the Returnal first boss last night. So so close. Onto Returnal and it really helps getting lucky perks, I think it leans onto rng a tad too much.

@nessisonett could be the same one I had. It was alright and worked. But the lag and colours were all over the place. Switching over is something I should have done earlier. Playing on a gimped set up, especially on games like rocket League, is a recipe for mediocrity. Returnal looks amazing now and I can't wait to see the likes of Spiderman and Ratchet and Clank the way the artists intended.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Voltan

@themcnoisy Now you're are making me think I might actually be better at some games than I think and it's the TV holding me back, not my "old" age 😂

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan Or it's both....

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@Voltan I guess I can't say too much though. It's not like I'm great at games either, but I still game a lot regardless.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Kidfried

A small tv is great, until you get used to a bigger tv, which will become your small tv that is great, until you get used to a bigger tv...

Kidfried

Kidfried

Battletoads is easy as soon as you play it on a 8K tv. That CRT was just holding all of you back during the nineties.

Kidfried

ScarletSpidey

I just got a Sony Bravia KD-50X85J and was really loving it but after a Firmware update yesterday, it's not letting me see my PS5 picture. It's a bit of a bummer so I'm hoping Sony support can help me out.

ScarletSpidey

Voltan

Also: today's YouTube app update finally added HDR support.

Voltan

BAMozzy

@Kidfried When I started gaming, I was gaming on a 14" 4:3 CRT. Playing Split screen was quite difficult... I upgraded over the years and by the time the N64 came out, I had a 28" widescreen CRT which was considered 'Large' by then. We'd all be sat on the floor about 3-4' away from the screen playing 4 player Splitscreen staring at our 'tiny' section (never looking at the other parts of the screen to get an idea where the others were LOL). By the time of the OG Xbox/PS2 era, I'd gone up to a 32" widescreen CRT TV but it was the 'next gen' that really killed off CRT's and 'Small' screens for me.

It was partly the Launch of the PS3 in the UK and Partly Sky HD - also a smaller part the 360 but my 'launch' edition didn't have HDMI or Bluray - that I upgraded to a 46" HD TV and the difference it made in gaming felt 'significant' - particularly in the MP's of that era. I felt like I had a distinct advantage at range as the size of the screen and better image clarity led to easier target acquisition. That 'tiny' little blob that you don't know if its an enemy or part of the environment suddenly is much bigger and the extra pixels helped to add detail and a bit more 'shape' to identify it.

I now have a 55" 4k HDR TV and sit about 8' away from the screen. I wouldn't go back to CRT - even if they could make a 55" display - It would take up half the room too.

Its funny to me that I used to be OK to play Goldeneye for example with 3 others, staring at a 'tiny' part of the screen on a 28" TV (that was bigger than a LOT had too) but now I find 2 player Split-screen on a 55" screen annoying and distracting. Even 4-player modes which still give a 'larger' screen to the player than many TV's I owned offered Full screen size are far too limiting.

So yes, I do feel screen size makes a difference and I wouldn't want to go 'smaller' in the future - more likely to go up in screen size...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

render

@Voltan It sounds like they've worked a lot on the audio side of things so hopefully the 3D audio is going to be one of the best implementations of it yet.

render

jdv95

so this is a very weird question but does anyone remember this game announced way back.

the only thing we saw from it was very brief trailers lasting some seconds showcasing gunplay.
the game was noted for looking realistic but also for the gunplay to look kinda janky.

i think it was to be a next gen game.

it was first person and i think some of the guns where revolvers.

i know very weird and even less to go off but that's all i remember.

jdv95

render

@Bentleyma- Installed it the other day but will take a look later as it was just displaying a countdown timer before. I'll not watch that video though so that I can see it for the first time when I boot it up 😃

render

Voltan

I launched it before work this morning, got to the 1st interactive scene and turned it off because I didn't have time for the whole thing. Will play it after work. It looked very impressive though.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic