Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,717

KilloWertz

@nessisonett Maybe you have fits of rage during games at times and you don't remember throwing the controller?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nessisonett

@JigsawPieces @Voltan I’ll need to look into warranty but I’m not sure how me opening it up will affect that.

@KilloWertz I think more would be broken than one tiny spring that has gone AWOL inside the controller if I was chucking it. It rattled a bit but I couldn’t find the spring when I opened it up.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett Opening it shouldn't void the warranty unless they can prove it's what broke it, afaik - in the EU anyway, but I'd imagine it didn't change in UK after Brexit
Worth a shot - unless you just want to fix it yourself, which should be just a matter of finding the right part if you already opened it.

Voltan

Voltan

What the Elden Ring preview does to Twitter, lol
Untitled

Voltan

KilloWertz

@nessisonett I know. I know I didn't put any smiley up there or anything, but I was joking. I figured it wasn't needed since it should have been obvious, but oh well. It is weird that it just disappeared though. Maybe it fell out of the controller the moment you opened it up and you didn't notice it? If it went somewhere else in the controller, you would think it would still rattle around somewhere.

nessisonett

@KilloWertz Yeah, I think it might still be rattling about in there somewhere because there’s definitely a bit of noise. But I opened it all up and can’t find it at all. Plus I shocked myself accidentally like an idiot so my left arm’s a bit numb 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@nessisonett So, what you're trying to say is you look like your avatar at the moment?

Voltan

@Matroska Interesting. I bought my PS3 second hand and it was jailbroken when I got it - I'd be lying if I said I didn't take advantage of it for a little while to catch up on some early PS3 games (I was a student with no income at the time) before I restored the factory OS and went legit
Anyway, I don't think potential piracy will affect Sony in a big way but I'm curious to see other applications.

In other news:

Voltan

Pixelated

lookin back at the topic's original first post, talking about the upcoming ps5 release, lot of people had pretty good guesses a few years ago about what the ps5 could handle. here we are a few years later, ps5 is out, i managed to get one though i had to pay a bit over msrp for it... and so far im impressed. i think the sweet spot for ps5 to showcase graphics AND effects like ray tracing and hdr would be games running at 60 frames and 1440p. several run 4k or "checkerboard" 4k, which, i dont like checkboard because graphics have fuzzy edges up close. but so far the games i've played like ratchet & clank, DS remaster, and many others, look fantastic. as the console ages we'll see devs get a good grip on the ps5's power and how to utilize it and pop out amazing games. i dont think ray tracing is necessary in every game, but when pulled off correctly, it looks great.

im thrilled if a game is 1440p, 60 frames, hdr! but i know the ps5 can do much more than this. digital foundry videos have been showing the ps5 pulling ahead frame-rate-wise in many gams as compared to the xbox series x. with the X having severe frame pacing issues or screen tearing in many games, both issues that havent been fixed or many games and its been a year now since the X also came out. dunno whats goin on there, but i'd guess slower ssd in the xbox is partially to blame.

The Nintendo Switch is the only console that predicts its own future... after 5 years of nothing but weaboo games, you're ready to switch to another console!

themcnoisy

Just bought an LG C1 (2021 version) and omg the difference compared to my Samsung poor man's 4k with blag HDR. The C1 is legit, the picture is phenomenal. I now have a chance at Returnal as the lag is nonexistent now.

Such a difference.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Voltan

@themcnoisy After so many opinions agreeing about it, I’m convinced it’s the perfect TV for consoles and I definitely wanna get one after I move to my new place.
Hopefully I’ll be able to afford it

Voltan

themcnoisy

@Voltan it's super heavy though Volt. Moving it from the backroom (after putting the stand on) to my living room was like trying to do the Atlas stones.

It's so strange. Everything about it after the 5 minutes set up is perfect. The colours, the HDR, the lack of lag, the picture is just boss. There is also a pseudo surround sound which is surprisingly good. I usually have my old jamo speakers set up in stereo which has worked great the last 7/8 years. Now I'm losing bass but gaining a better sound overall with the surround sound. May even buy a sound bar at some point.

Mines a 55inch. I wish I went one size bigger tbh as the TV is that good but couldn't warrant the additional moolah. It cost £1200 and the bigger one was £1550 or something from Curry's.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Voltan

@themcnoisy I’d be probably mounting mine on a wall. Guess I might need help then
And yeah, I’m considering a bigger one but haven’t decided yet.

Voltan

Thrillho

I find it a bit annoying that these new TVs are sooo huge. I think my old 2014 Bravia is about 36” and more than big enough for my living room. 55” wouldn’t even fit where I currently have my TV.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I used to think that until I got a bit bigger tv and managed to fit one in after shifting a few things round. I already had a bigger tv stand so my current tv snuggly fits on it, and my tv (49") is probably considered on the smaller side these days. I've found 4K HDR so much for gaming, tv and movies now I've got all the right equipment to experience it in full.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@Thrillho I went with a 40" 4K TV a few years ago because it was all I could fit in my current setup (interestingly, the actual TV size was pretty much the same as my previous 37" HD TV, despite the screen being bigger) but I'll have a much bigger living room next year. I'll need to see how big I actually need once I get there.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic