Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 4,717

JohnnyShoulder

@BowTiesAreCool @jdv95 He could be doing a Phil Spencer and giving hints with the background props.... but most likely not.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Time to start that Gamepass subscription! šŸ¤£

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver I would if I was you as I see little point on only gaming on PS if are not enjoying most of their fist party content. Unless you can afford an expensive door stop. šŸ˜‚

Octane

Anyone else find it strange how they just reveal the design of Thor in a press release, after keeping it hidden in trailer and the game? I was hoping that would be a big moment in the game itself, but nope, here he is.

Octane

Voltan

@Octane I imagine meeting Thor is the 1st thing you do (thatā€™s kinda how the last game ended) so not thereā€™s not much point in avoiding spoilers for that. Odin on the other handā€¦

Voltan

jdv95

@Voltan also odin was talked about more in GOW 2018 as the main evil god compared to thor.

so it makes sense they keep odin in the shadows for now but reveal thor.

jdv95

NedStarksGhost

I'll be honest I have been far more excited to meet Odin than Thor.

Bit random to reveal Thor like they have though, would have been cool to have it revealed in the game.

NedStarksGhost

Octane

@Voltan Probably, but why not reveal him in the trailer in that case?

Anyway, lightning hammer is likely to be the mid-game new weapon you get, just like the chaos blades in the first one.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver You have said in the past that you don't like the controller, UI and are not fussed on the technical improvements that the PS5 offers as well as not being keen on most of the first party games. Those seem like pretty good reasons to switch over to me, I know I did for similar reasons when the PS4 came out.

Th3solution

@Iver Hey, donā€™t forget about Days Gone! And itā€™s upcoming sequā€¦.. er, nevermind. šŸ˜…

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@velio84 yeah a lot of the Youtubers I have watched discussing their first takes on Deathloop have been very positive. To be fair, I love the Dishonored games and have heard good things about Prey so their next game was always gonna have potential.

**** DLC!

Voltan

ā€œPuzzle FPSā€ is the vibe I got from the previews and Iā€™m kinda into that.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

I'm still unsure over Deathloop. I'll probably get it eventually, but I'll be buying Kena before it.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Same here. As I see and hear more, I do feel better about Deathloop, but itā€™s definitely not a day 1 for me. Kena on the other hand looks really great. Iā€™m not sure why it hasnā€™t been pushed as much by Sony. I really havenā€™t heard a lot about it. I hope it doesnā€™t turn into a Concrete Genie situation ā€” a game that Sony knew was probably going to flop commercially so they pulled all marketing and sent it out to die.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Th3solution

@velio84 Thatā€™s a good point. Itā€™s possible they stand to lose a lot of investment if the game underperforms. Honestly, I think Deathloop will do just fine. Itā€™ll likely score well with critics and since there is a relative drought of new releases, itā€™s dropping at just the right time.

Voltan

@Th3solution Sony is not involved with Kena's production and release in any way as far as I know, and the studio (they're publishing the game themselves) probably doesn't have a huge budget to cover a big marketing campaign.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Ah, okay that makes more sense. I thought Sony was publishing it since they highlighted it in their early PS5 state of play, or whatever that showing was. And it is a PlayStation console exclusive if Iā€™m not mistaken, so thereā€™s some kind of support from Sony surely.

Iā€™d at least hope to see it front and center on the PSN store where we currently have Deathloop, Call of Duty, Madden (I can understand those), and Tales of Arise, and Rainbow Six Seige ( ā€¦I can kinda understand), and FIST, as well as Horizon Forbidden West and Tiny Tinaā€™s Wonderland pre-orders. Surely they donā€™t expect FIST to make a lot of PSN money, and those preorders are for games 6 months away. So hopefully Kena is given the opportunity to pop onto the front page after it actually releases, in fact Iā€™ll be really shocked if it doesnā€™t supplant FIST at that point.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic