Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 4,717

Thrillho

@velio84 @NedStarksGhost Yeah, Insomniac have come up with some sort of witchcraft to combine both modes.

Spider-Man was one of the best examples though with the building reflections and mask reflections too.

Thrillho

Th3solution

Yeah, I’m not sure what’s going on with the FF7R PS5 build. Apparently it doesn’t have ray tracing even in graphics mode. But when I switch back and forth there is clear improvement in the lighting. Characters and environment have more nuance and light at least seems to come from different sources rather than it simply looking like there’s a spotlight on Cloud the whole time that follows him around with the same illumination no matter what, like what most games are like. I usually like the increased fidelity, but it’s not quite as beefed up in this game as in some others. What I’ve done is switch back and forth, trying performance mode for a chapter then graphics mode. I can’t decide what I like better. For times when I’m swinging the camera around a lot then performance is better, but while I’m walking around and having downtime chatting with the party, the graphics mode looks a might better and more crisp and better illuminated, especially in darker settings.

Add to this the lack of much by way of haptics or adaptive triggers and I’m glad I didn’t pay for this upgrade. I really feel like Square Enix was probably just experimenting around with the tech and hopefully FFXVI and FF7Rp2 will have better implementation

The load times though… so fast. Not sure what the PS4’s load and save times were but these are near instantaneous.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I’ve just got going with the Ghost DLC with PS5 upgrade and haven’t noticed too much of a difference graphically with that either, even flicking between settings like yourself.

But similarly the load times are super quick. They weren’t exactly slow playing the game on PS5 before (normally I didn’t have enough time to read the hints on the loading screen) but now it pretty much fades out and straight back in again in your new location.

Thrillho

render

@Th3solution @Thrillho Just started playing GoT DLC on PS5 myself over the weekend and you are right, there's not a great deal of difference graphically. I've left it on resolution mode as I read that it doesn't actually drop off of 60fps much and it does look incredibly smooth, but it already looked so good anyway it's hard to really top that.

The haptics and adaptive triggers are good though. You can feel the difference when you're on the horse and you cross onto a different surface and when using the bow and arrow it works really well.

render

Thrillho

@render You’re right, that was something I noticed too. The 3D audio also seems slightly better but I thought that was pretty good to start with as well! I haven’t gone into any cutscenes to see the improved Japanese lip sync yet.

I spent my 30-60 mins with the game yesterday just trying the controls again and it’s amazing how quickly you forget them. It was cool to be able to retry the duels but I accidentally selected the final battle and got my arse kicked!

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho That caught me out too. I'd totally forgotten the controls for this so it was quite amusing getting my arse kicked by the moguls in the camp that my save dropped me into. All I could do was run around trying to dodge them while trying to find the attack buttons. I still keep hitting R2 every now and then expecting it to be attack and it just brings up the stance selector 😆

I didn't see that you can replay the duels, is that just a menu option? Those are my favourite parts of the game.

render

Thrillho

@render My save is post-game. All the duels and occupied areas (farmsteads etc) can be replayed from the map. You just need to hover over them and can instantly replay them and are then plonked back where you were before.

I don’t remember that happening on the old version and it is cool to be able to go through them again.

One weird thing was that the game had tinkered with my settings so it had gone back to English language and also turned off the option to set different load outs for the different outfits.

Thrillho

Voltan

I also loaded my post-game save, popped the trophies, found a Mongol patrol, realized I had no idea what I was doing and started a new game, lol

Voltan

Octane

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Not sure if I missed this, but I find it interesting if true. I really liked Gwent in The Witcher 3.

Was a big sucker for Gwent, so I'll probably love this too. I hope there's some strategy involved, and it doesn't end up as a throwaway gimmick.

Octane

render

@Thrillho @Voltan My save was post game as well but I think there are still some camps where the moguls respawn. I can't check now as I've already gone onto Iki island so can't get back to the Tsushima map. I also had to set my language back to Japanese with subtitles and turn load outs back on again.

It was great to just see all the trophies pop but I bet I've now got a load of clips for those with me running around that mogul camp trying not to get killed.

render

BowTiesAreCool

@Octane I've had about 5 games of Gwent, still can't get my head around it, I won one of them, but I just fluked my way through it!

BowTiesAreCool

render

@BowTiesAreCool I do like a game of Gwent. I was the same for a while until I’d worked out how best to play but it gives an extra dimension to the game.

render

Thrillho

@BowTiesAreCool I assume you mean as part of Witcher 3?

The problem I found is that it’s really difficult early doors when you have such rubbish cards. One tip is to visit every tavern and buy up whatever cards they have to stack your deck out as best you can.

Thrillho

BowTiesAreCool

@render @Thrillho it's more figuring out the rules/connections between cards etc. I know it's probably stupidly simple once you get it but right now it's like chess to me.

BowTiesAreCool

render

@BowTiesAreCool @Thrillho Yeah getting better cards makes the game so much more enjoyable. It's definitely like chess in that you have to plan ahead and try to make sure you save the right cards for the right moment. It’s a well thought out game.

render

Octane

@velio84 Little Devil Inside has been in development since 2014 or something, so I wouldn't be surprised if they take another year.

Octane

Voltan

@velio84 I’m all about the Marvel games but they’re very far away.
For now I’m definitely excited for Horizon (pre-ordered) and Forspoken, and super hyped for Ragnarok - I hope it’s a late spring/summer game.
I also liked the Project Eve trailer and will get it unless reviews are bad.

Not much coming this year but I got a huge backlog already so that’s ok. Also there’s a few cool indies I wanna get (F.I.S.T., Kena etc)

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic