Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 4,712

JohnnyShoulder

Just saw the 4K footage of the Ratchet and Clank State of Play (I never watch them live as I like to watch them in 4K when they go up afterwards), and holy moly that is one good looking game! Not sure how anyone can say that is not an upgrade from the PS4 game?!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

I only saw it at 1080p myself @JohnnyShoulder and the amount of detail in Nefarious City with the sheer density of flying vehicles is insane, yet alone the actual detail of the city and actually having a number of people walking around...

It's a real step up from the 2016 reboot and Kerwan's metropolis which is actually pretty sparse beyond the enemies and some flying cars and buildings in the distance

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder It's literally the best looking game I've seen. Sure, it was just a preview but on the other hand it's compressed video. Can't wait to play it.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Voltan It has certainly been bumped up my list, will get it after Returnal which I will be getting pretty soon. Hopefully it should be fully patched up by then.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

The interwebz seem quite convinced that Ratchet & Clank preview impressions will start surfacing tomorrow.

Voltan

SoulChimera

Had my first catastrophic PS5 crash today. Turned itself off instead of going into rest mode. Wouldn’t turn back on, after holding the power button removing the power etc, it came back on. Straight into Safe mode at the selection screen, would only let me choose option 7 (complete reset of the console) but both of my PS5 controllers wouldn’t work to so I couldn’t even press to select it.

Managed to get through using a PS4 controller. Wiped everything from the console after a few restarts.

Spent another hour trying to reset the controllers. Turned out, all I needed to do was hold the PS button for 20 seconds and they both worked fine.

Annoying that need to download everything again, but most annoying is the loss of all my photos from photo modes. Spent hours and hours in some games like Ghost of Tsushima in photo mode. Lost them all. Gutted.

Think I’ll be backing that stuff up from now on. Yeah

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

nessisonett

@SoulChimera I’m beginning to think that the system software itself is the problem. So many people now have reported these sorts of crashes and having to reset their consoles. And then Miles Morales was bricking consoles, Disco Elysium had save data and crashing issues same as Returnal. I also had save data and trophy issues with Tony Hawk, as well as trophy issues with Returnal. Could it be possible that it’s Sony themselves that are the problem, rather than these individual developers?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I think the people that having these issues are in the minority though, if you think about how many consoles are out there.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I understand that but think about how many people were making sure not to use extended storage and such out of fear for their consoles. It might be a minority as it always is but it’s definitely a worry.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett There are nearly always problems with new tech, hardware and software. There are problems with the Xbox series consoles too, so I don't there is a massive issue with just PS5 consoles. It's unfortunate but I think it is just one of those things and unlucky if happens to you.

SoulChimera

Forgot to mention, I had to download the reinstallation software to a USB from Playstation.com. Absolute nightmare.

Gutted about my photos.

SoulChimera

RogerRoger

@SoulChimera I'm so very sorry to see that you lost all those screenshots. Not to belittle any other frustrations connected with your PS5's crash, but that's the bit which hits the hardest. I really hope you're able to recreate some of them somewhere down the line, or that your console stays stable long enough for you to enjoy capturing new ones.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

SoulChimera

Yeah, to be fair, it was a bit of a nightmare getting the PS5 to come back on, for a few minutes I thought it was bricked. But redownloading the games isn't really a problem. Just a few hours and it's back to normal.

But yeah, I've spent hours upon hours in photo modes. All lost. Oh well, lesson has been learnt, back them up!

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

Th3solution

@SoulChimera Yeah, sorry to hear about your technical difficulties. That stinks.
Out of curiosity, was there anything unusual you’d been doing prior to the crash? Like putting a game in suspend mode, moving games to an external HDD, uploading videos, etc.? What game had you been playing just prior to the crash, if I may ask? Just wondering if there’s a lesson I can learn from your troubles.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

SoulChimera

@Th3solution Literally played nothing. I checked the store for the sales. I was on the menu. Put it into rest mode. It went to do it, but then shut down completely. Wouldn’t come back on, I thought it was bricked.

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

Th3solution

@SoulChimera Yikes, that’s weird. Well, certainly seems like there wasn’t any trigger that you had done. Although rest mode seems to be a common theme amongst early problems with the PS5. I’ll have to hold my breath everytime I use it.

Here’s hoping you’re back up and running and have no further problems! 🙂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Honestly, I’ve been using rest mode continually since I got the console and the only problems I’ve had are in specific games like Returnal.

Th3solution

@nessisonett I have used it too, although a little more limited than my usage in PS4 (mostly because the cold boot time is so quick) and I’ve not experienced problems. I do charge my controller through rest mode and have even suspended a game and come back to it a couple hours later. However, I do have concerns that there is something strangely unpredictable about it. Fortunately I don’t have much that could be lost forever if I have a major malfunction, thanks to cloud saving. My screenshots are pretty ‘meh’ and the world will be fine if they were lost 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah you should fine using rest mode as you have been, all the crashes I've experienced on my PS5 I do not tied to using it.

Th3solution

So has anyone had their PS5 overheat yet? I think the console is supposed to warn you with a pop up when it’s overheating — has anyone seen that yet? If not, what’s the longest continuous gaming session you’ve had on your PS5 and still not overheated?

I haven’t had any signs of overheating, but I’m curious if it’s even possible on the PS5 with its fancy cooling system. I have mine in a cabinet and the airflow isn’t great - it’s kind of cramped and I’m considering moving it out in the open but it’s just so big it doesn’t really fit well anywhere else. I played some pretty long sessions over the last 2 weeks, maybe 7-8 hours straight, and when I touch the back of the unit it’s mildly warm, but not even as hot as my PS4 would get after 2 hours.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic