Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 4,712

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I noticed the load times most on Mile Morales where fast travel is pretty much instant.

The adaptive triggers are used as a bit of a novelty in Playroom but it sounds like Returnal uses it in a much more practical way as it allows the button to be used in two different ways depending on how it’s pressed.

I’ve just about got used to the big white beast sat alongside my TV now

Thrillho

RogerRoger

themcnoisy wrote:

The adaptive triggers are a gimmick imo, I can't see it catching on, they don't add anything really. Y'all may disagree but it's more annoying than cool.

Amen, brother. I love the DualSense's weight and rumble, but I deactivate the adaptive triggers wherever I can, and am dreading the day that they're forced on me during anything bigger or more important than a free tech demo. It'll have a huge impact on my overall enjoyment, and they're one of the two reasons why I've decided to firmly reject Returnal.

Other than that (and the fact that the PS5 itself draws small objects into its own orbit), I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed your introduction to the current generation!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

The way the left trigger works in Returnal is really good. Takes maybe a couple minutes to learn not to squeeze it too hard for aiming but becomes very intuitive and comfortable very quickly.
If you really hate it though, you can change the controls to a more "classic" layout with a separate button for alt-fire, @RogerRoger

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Oh, that's good to know, thanks! Will keep a closer eye on my other reason for rejecting it, then.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Thrillho the loading is amazing. I didn't think it would be my favourite thing but it's great!

@RogerRoger I'm all for new toys, actually like the built in mic as I use monitor headphones whilst gaming so it saves me pulling out my gaming mic. The rumble is great and the build quality is better. Negatives The trackpad is a waste of space it just doesn't work as well as it should, and when would you even use it? Mad inclusion. The Triggers are great so far I like the positioning, but the adaptive nature. I dunno, I'm glad I tried it - but even when opening a ball in Astro it lost charm within the first few minutes.

@Arugula how come you turned rumble off?

@voltan I will pickup returnal at some point. When it's less than £50. Rogue likes are not my bag!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Arugula sorry to hear that mate. I have 3x DS4s so it would be convenient.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@Arugula I thought that you can use the DS4 when playing PS4 games through backwards compatibility on the PS5. I’ve not tried it but supposedly they’ll work.

@themcnoisy Glad you enjoyed Astrobot’s Playroom. It’s a great experience. I thought the haptics and triggers really put the icing on the cake. I’m a fan of all the controller bells and whistles. I just don’t quite like the weight and way that it fits in my hands. Not as comfortable to hold and maneuver as the DS4.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Correct, you can't use them for PS5 games. I've even using both the Dual Sense and Dual Shock 4 controllers when playing PS4 games on my PS5, as I kept one DS4 when I gave my PS4 away.

I never had any problems with the DS4 but find the Dual Sense more comfortably to use, one of the things I've noticed is that my hands don't feel as hot when using the Dual Sense. I like the tiny PlayStation symbols which gives it more grip.

I think some people are being way too quick in writing off some of the tech. It is way too easy to pass something off as gimmicky or whatever, when you have only experienced one or two games that use it. We are still very early in to the generation, so the integration will only get better as developers get more familiar of what they can and can't do to make it feel right for the player. Some developers will get more out of the tech, which will lead to some games feeling more unique. Which can only be a good thing imo.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

The downside to the DualSense is that it’s white and shows just how much grot I must have on my hands..

Thrillho

MightyDemon82

@Thrillho Dettol wipes and a cloth are what I use to keep it clean, my hands don't usually sweat that much whilst gaming but Returnal is making my hands sweat like crazy or at least I seem to be noticing it a lot more during that particular game.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @MightyDemon82 Yeah I was a bit shocked when I turned the controller upside down and saw the grime. Out come the anti-bac wipes!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Octane

That's why they need to release cheeto-orange controllers, it's much harder to see the grime on those.

Octane

redd214

@Thrillho One of the main reasons I got both of my kids their own controllers lol. They're pretty good at cleaning them every week or so now, but in Nov/Dec they were disgusting

redd214

hypnotoad

When I'm allowed by she who must be obeyed, I'll get a custom dualsense in black.

hypnotoad

JohnnyShoulder

@hypnotoad I almost ordered one of those from USA a couple of months back, but decided against it as I'd never heard of the company, so did not wanna risk it.

hypnotoad

@JohnnyShoulder I saw one bought by a reputable youtuber (can't recall his name, I'll look it up) and it looks decent mate.

hypnotoad

JohnnyShoulder

@hypnotoad I've just done a quick Google and there are a few UK sites that have popped up. When I was playing around with the colours before, black and a bit of red looked quite cool.

Bentleyma

This is pretty impressive. Looks like it’ll make it easier for developers to make games that rival the graphics of games like Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic