Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 4,717

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I personally would not have a console in a closed off cabinet.

Sony has given some advice on how players can prevent their console from overheating. When discussing the best practices for setting up a PlayStation 5 at home, the company says fans should do the following:

“Place the console at least 10 cm. (4 in.) away from a wall surface.”
“Do not place on a carpet or rug with long fibers.”
“Do not place in a narrow or cramped space.”
“Do not cover with cloth.”
“Do not allow dust to build up on the vents. Use a cleaning tool such as a vacuum cleaner to remove dust buildup.”

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

I've platted Astrobot now what a fun little game. I'm closing in on doing everything I need to on the good old pro and hopefully be full-time on the PS5 by mid June.

Hearing about these crashed though Fortunately I've had no issues so far.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

render

@Th3solution Same here with regards to rest mode and overheating, no problems what so ever.

I think a lot of the initial reports of issues with rest mode were caused by external drives. I'm not running one but I am tempted to get one since running close to the limit of space on ours. Anyone got any thoughts regarding getting an external drive vs waiting for the NVMe slot to be enabled?

render

Ryall

@render External isn’t an option for me because my PSVR are uses both back USB ports so I’ll have to wait for internal.

Ryall

JigsawPieces

@Ryall You can get a hub, and stick the PSVR on that, so it just uses one direct port. That's what I've done, leaving the other back USB port for external storage.

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

RogerRoger

@Th3solution No overheating yet, no. Then again I don't tax my consoles (only one game or application open at a time, no external drive, no Rest Mode, etc.) and it's not in an enclosed unit. My PS4 Pro tends to get loud during the summer months, so I'll be keeping an ear out when the mercury rises.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Had my first hard crash on the PS5’s system software. Turned it on from a cold boot and the menu just didn’t open after I signed in. It was just the background with the menu music but was completely unresponsive. It then stopped playing the music and was effectively frozen. I had to reboot the console at which point it scolded me for not turning it off using the option in the menu.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I noticed a Facebook ad from one of the major electronics retailers over here (Poland) saying they got them PS5's so I checked their store and a couple other and they were indeed in stock - only in some bundles though.
Then I checked again a couple hours later and they're still there.
Not that this is very useful for anyone outside Poland but maybe it means it will get easier to get one elsewhere too.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan It was bound to happen soon enough. Fingers tightly crossed that we're turning the corner, because I've still got a few friends who regularly headbutt their keyboards for a couple hours every fortnight, only to come away empty handed.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Checked again - most are gone now but a Digital Edition bundled with a controller and a charging station is still available, as well as a regular console bundled with Cyberpunk and Destruction All-Stars (lol).
I guess someone will by these eventually

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Oof... yeah, no wonder that bundle is still there!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Voltan They’ve gotta get rid of those copies of Cyberpunk and Destruction All-Stars somehow! 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I remember back when Destruction All-Stars was announced, I said in the comments that it should have been given for free through PS Plus and yet would still be DOA regardless and I got jumped on.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett I like the game and still play it a bit but it didn't really take off and probably won't, unfortunately. Good on a technical level though, so I'm curious to see what the studio does next.

Voltan

Th3solution

@nessisonett Yeah, gotta say that I was a little disappointed in DAS. But I’m coming from a position where I think Rocket League is way overrated, so any vehicular targeting smash game is probably not going to sync with me. It didn’t help that DAS gave me Fortnite vibes in the art style department.

I’m wondering if I’d like Wreckfest. I’ve almost downloaded it a couple times.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It is almost like as soon as someone has even slighty negative to say about something PlayStation related, they get called a fanboy and get told to go over to Pure Xbox.

You can still be fan of something and be critical of it. They are not mutually exclusive to each other.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@nessisonett History always has the final word. I applaud your prescience!

Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

I'm seeing reports of death threats being made to Sony Santa Monica staff over the fact Ragnarok will be cross-gen, Honestly people that do these horrible things shouldn't be allowed anywhere near entertainment. I already know the game will be fantastic I have total faith in all 1st party Devs to blow us away with what they're working on cross gen or not!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic