Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 4,717

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry @TheIdleCritic That’s definitely worrying, the DS4 isn’t bad at all for fighters and I use mine on PC for fighters and retro games. If the DualSense’s D-Pad is a bit crap then at least I can still use my DS4 on PC and might have to buy certain games on Steam instead of on the PS5.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

The moment your d-pad prohibits you from doing a quarter circle forward motion something is definitely wrong so that is extremely worrying

It's the reason I couldn't get comfortable with the Switch Pro Controller for stuff like BlazBlue Cross Tag, DBFZ and Street Fighter 30th. I even tested it out on PC in SFV and something just felt OFF

I've been mostly buying my fighting games on PC nowadays and will definitely do so for games like GG Strive and KOFXV but for how much the DualSense apparently got right I suspect that's going to be a massive sticking point

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Well a Shoryuken is more of a Z motion but your point stands 😛

The Switch Pro D-Pad is terrible but thankfully it’s not used much on the actual console!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

The Switch Pro Controller was nearly my favorite controller of the entire last generation but that d-pad was actually totally garbo

Literally everything else with that controller I virtually preferred over all the other platforms' pad options but considering fighting games are one of my most often played genres it just really stuck with me how much better Sony's controller was for that

TheFrenchiestFry

NEStalgia

I've had the impression for a while that the focus in dpad design now is all about 4 directions and actively sabotaging diagonals. It's all about those weapon switches/emotes/comms in online shooters. Razer premium controllers have basically made diagonals impossible (sometimes literally for some time. Now that Japan and the FG genre are in the rear view, i guess they figured it's a good time to forget that.

Though personally I never really loved any Sony dpad. They've always felt mushy to me. I actually like the ds5 dpad more than the old ones, but i don't use them for FG, I'm a stick guy.

Ironically it's XBs new controller that has possibly the dreamiest dpad since the snes.... Anyone that remembers the 360 dpad will find that origins
Ironic.

And also ironically, nintendos is the worst of the bunch currently. How hard could it be for the inventor of the dpad to build a good one?

Hori pads probably win if you must play FG on a pad. It's meant for it. If they're making ps5 accessories yet. I wonder if my ps4 stick adapter for my xb stick works on ps5? Probably not. Dang....

NEStalgia

TheIdleCritic

@NEStalgia I'm too old now to learn how to game on a stick. Perhaps I'll buy a DS4 just for fighters. Although when they start making next gen only games I suppose I'll have to invest in a Hori, like you said.

KidRyan

Arugula wrote:

@KidBoruto I read that as turning 18 on January 32nd. Seems legit. 🤓

Happy Birthday and I hope you like the new system!

Haha alot of people IRL mistake me to be 18-25 tbh, so I'll take the compliment. XD

Thank you, I plan to setup the PS5 after lunch today, need to wake up fully first.

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@KidBoruto Happy birthday and enjoy your PS5 🤙🏻

Thanks for the birthday wish, and I certainly hope so! Plan to beat Astro's Playroom and Bugsnax first, then dive back into my PS4 backlog.

Never bought any PS5 games, waiting for 2021's slate of PS5 exclusives.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@TheIdleCritic yeah, muscle memory matters....i adore stick.... But i started in the arcades.... . Me trying fighters with dpads leads to comical results. Though vita didn't have a half bad pad.

At least hori pads are fairly cheap... At least the wired variants. I have a wired one for switch that's pretty nice. Weird cheap ergonomics but quality buttons. I have an Onyx for ps4, but it has horrid input lag like all 3rd party ps4 wireless controllers. I've heard nacon may have fixed that in theirs, but i haven't heard it about hori onyx. Not that it matters much for ps5 but it gives me little hope for wireless third party peripherals on ps5. Wired though, shouldn't be more than $20 when it exists, and hori dpads are designed for FG specifically.

.... When it exists...

NEStalgia

TheFrenchiestFry

I really want to give that Razer Raion controller a whirl in terms of new PlayStation/PC game pads

Apparently it's actually really solid but also a bit more on the expensive side because Razer

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

EB Games is an embarassment to Canada

Seriously. their "waiting room" for PS5 stock basically ensures you're never getting a console

TheFrenchiestFry

R1spam

Well after having to send my first ps5 back to retailer because of constant ce-108255-1 errors and sony not committing to this being a hardware issue, I have been lucky enough to buy another today. Delivery tomorrow and am very excited to gey back to spiderman and astros playroom. Only problem is in the interim I bought a series x with two years game pass as well. Next time I post, I may be divorced! Wish me luck....

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

redd214

Up on Target right now for store pickup! Was able to easily secure another one, no fuss at all.

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 What did you use for stock notification? I happened upon your post and checked and found that Target indeed had them a few minutes ago but sold out in 8 minutes.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

@Th3solution just randomly got on Twitter and Cheap ass gamer had sent out a post about it 2 mins before I logged on lol. Clicked the link and was in and out in a minute. Dumb luck honestly. Unfortunately the store is about an hour away but small price to pay to help someone out!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 Ah, nice! I’m not on Twitter, so that’s one less resource. I have logged into nowinstock.net and downloaded HotStock, based on recommendations on here, but I’ve not yet found them helpful. Mostly because I’m typically tied up at the time the sale goes live and by the time I log on (10 minutes later) it’s too late.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

@Th3solution nowinstock has been great in the past but honestly for these systems its just too slow. I used it back in November but the notifications would come 10-15 minutes late thus making them useless. Still a helpful site for certain products but these systems just go way too fast unfortunately

redd214

andreoni79

I keep reading things about a certain "PS5" . None of my friends have one and shops don't have them on their shelves. Even online it's unavailable...
Two months later its release I start doubting about its existence.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

MaulTsir

@andreoni79 they exist but you have to be part of the illuminati or attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry but even they have stopped taking students until at least 2022.

MaulTsir

JohnnyShoulder

@MaulTsir Yeah they call themselves Scalpers lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmy_VNC82

I maintain the walmart walk in is the best opportunity to purchase a ps5. Early monring, before store opens form a line. chances are you will probably be alone since its after Christmas, thus risk of covid is rather minute. Will be going for a second purchase this week using that formula. Good luck to all still on the search!!

Jimmy_VNC82

PSN: ChillBuckets_4 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic