Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 4,712

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I definitely found Demon's Souls the easiest in the series. Obviously experience has something to do with it but I think doubling the amount of directions the player could manuver whilst keeping the enemy ai identical may have something to do with it, along with a stable higher frame rate.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Ha ha, nah it is nowhere near as difficult as Sekiro which is at the top with Demon's Souls at the bottom of From Software games that I've played.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

MightyDemon82

I'm still plugging away at Demon's Souls. Swap of sorrow is crazy but I'm getting further with each go, Just past the old woman merchant before I keep getting slaughtered. Hopefully not far to go before I find that bridge I need to knock down and bypass the swamp!

MightyDemon82

Bentleyma

Kinda thinking about selling my PS5. I made the mistake of getting the digital PS5, but my internet is being really bad at the moment. When it works it's plenty fast enough, but it's not even good enough to stay connected right now. I live in a college owned flat and use their visitor wi-fi, so I can't upgrade the internet or anything like that. I never had this problem with my PS4, so I'm going to get it back from my friend and see if that can stay connected. If it does I'll probably just stick with the PS4 for now. All the PS5 games I have are cross gen and I've mostly been playing PS4 games recently anyway.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Mega-Gazz

MightyDemon82 wrote:

I'm still plugging away at Demon's Souls. Swap of sorrow is crazy but I'm getting further with each go, Just past the old woman merchant before I keep getting slaughtered. Hopefully not far to go before I find that bridge I need to knock down and bypass the swamp!

If you make 3-2 pure black tendency (just die in body form 5-6 times), there is a ring that lets you move freely and dodge when in the muck/water. The ring is in 3-2 at the bottom near the ball of corpses/thing near a pillar, again pure black world tendency only. Makes the level much easier.

Mega-Gazz

Bentleyma

Bentley-Ma- wrote:

Kinda thinking about selling my PS5. I made the mistake of getting the digital PS5, but my internet is being really bad at the moment. When it works it's plenty fast enough, but it's not even good enough to stay connected right now. I live in a college owned flat and use their visitor wi-fi, so I can't upgrade the internet or anything like that. I never had this problem with my PS4, so I'm going to get it back from my friend and see if that can stay connected. If it does I'll probably just stick with the PS4 for now. All the PS5 games I have are cross gen and I've mostly been playing PS4 games recently anyway.

Sold my PS5 for £300, so I at least got most of my money back! I'm happy to just stick with my PS4 slim right now.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Nexozi

@Bentley-Ma- Are u in the UK? I would like the digital version over the disk version. As I manly use my current PS4 pro for the exclusives. So far I have been unable to get either versions. 😭

Nexozi

Bentleyma

@Nexozi Yeah I'm in the UK. Ideally I'd prefer the digital version, but my internet just isn't good enough. I'm going to get the one with the disk drive at some point. I sold it for £300. I wasn't interested in making a profit, just happy to get my money back.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Nexozi

@Bentley-Ma- Ah you've sold it already. I was hoping you might have still had it. 🙂 You're a good person. 👍 Whoever you sold it too, you probably made that person's year. I hope they appreciate you letting them buy it for the cost price. If not I'll have words with them. 😂 I really don't want to pay scalper prices, like CEX are charging £815 for a disk version! I know they give u a 2 year guarantee, but even at that it's not worth it. I will probably just have to wait to the end of this year to pick one up. Really need it for the new god of war and to a lesser extent ratchet and clank. Need the lombax madness!

Nexozi

Bentleyma

@Nexozi I thought about selling it to Cex, but they'd give me about £250 cash for a digital console. If I had the one with the disk drive they'd give me about £600.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

KidRyan

redd214 wrote:

@KidBoruto Oh wow, well hope it ships quickly for you. I've already started seeing next gen consoles sitting on store shelves at retailers over the weekend. Thinks it's going to get much easier to snag em moving forward. At least ya got one, congrats!

Current delivery ETA is still January 22, but that can always change...still waiting for them to ship it out to my house.

Octane wrote:

@KidBoruto Do they even have them in store themselves? They're probably waiting for a restock as well if the delivery time is that long... By February new stock should be readily available. For all we know Sony restocks next week...

Still nothing inside stores yet, because of the pandemic. As for the promised online restock, it was sold out in minutes.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

hypnotoad

Still no sign of the 3D Pulse headset, at a reasonable price, I'm looking at you Amazon.
Are they that sought after?

hypnotoad

KidRyan

Happy news, I finally got my PlayStation 5 in last night! I'll take some pictures this weekend, if I'm not too distracted celebrating my birthday.

(I'm turning 32 on January 18, doesn't feel like it though)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Not sure if this is what you after, but I posted this a while back.

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

I found this useful, how to unfollow games so you no longer receive news cards from them. Was getting a bit sick of seeing stuff from games like Fortnite and Apex Legends which I only played for a few hours.

Press the PS button, then X to view the "stories", then X again on one of them, then go down to the (...) button, and select "Unfollow Game".

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula No probs! I've not found the UI too bad but not mucked around with it too much. The voice to text has some interesting results, and it doesn't seem to like my mates Sheffield accent! 😂

TheIdleCritic

I just found out the DualSense dpad is awful for fighting games -___-
I've always used controllers over sticks. Now that's impossible.

TheFrenchiestFry

That's very surprising honestly

The DualShock 4 was my go to controller for fighting games on PS4 and PC. I know the DualSense d-pad looks differently shaped compared to the DS4 but I didn't expect much in the way of actual function to be that different

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheIdleCritic

@TheFrenchiestFry It's really bad. I've always used dpads, since the Sega Saturn and Street Fighter Alpha/X-Men Children Of The Atom. Never had an issue. I installed SF 30th Anniversary to test it out. Could barely pull off a Shoryuken. Played for maybe half an hour and had to stop. I don't know if Sony are using a different gate now (or whatever the equivalent is in controllers) but it definitely feels different. Shame

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic