Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 4,717

carlos82

Well I'm going to have to give in and get an external drive for my PS4 games. It doesn't help when so much data is hidden under "other" from PS4 games in particular. I had FFVII remake installed at 90gb and upon deleting another 18gb was removed from this mysterious other.

On a brighter note I did finish Miles Morales and its a great game, loved the story, gameplay was very fun. Its effectively dlc for the first game, which isn't a bad thing in that it really does continue that story and feels like a natural progression in that world but it is fairly short as a result. I'd recommend playing it in fidelity mode as many of the environments were very clearly designed with ray tracing in mind.

Just picked up Demon's Souls so wish me luck

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Unlucky13

I've not seen anything from Sony yet, but IGN quotes one of the bosses at Microsoft as saying that they hope that supply can meet demand for the XBOX next gen system starting around April. Given that the PS5 is more popular, we probably have a longer wait than that, sadly.

Unlucky13

nessisonett

Holy crap, just got a PS5. Yes, I know, I know, don’t buy on eBay but the dude was selling it with that buy it now thing for £450 + £20 postage. I’m gonna say that £20 was his markup because it’s being sent 2nd Class and won’t get here for another 2 weeks 😂😂

Worth noting that it’s going under the tree anyway so the wait doesn’t matter for me

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Unlucky13

@JohnnyShoulder More? Sure. But how much? Enough to make it so that regular people can get one without them being all scooped up by scalpers? Unfortunately, I really doubt it.

Unlucky13

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett wrote:

Holy crap, just got a PS5. Yes, I know, I know, don’t buy on eBay but the dude was selling it with that buy it now thing for £450 + £20 postage. I’m gonna say that £20 was his markup because it’s being sent 2nd Class and won’t get here for another 2 weeks 😂😂

Worth noting that it’s going under the tree anyway so the wait doesn’t matter for me

Nice! Here’s hoping it will come in one piece, new, and you don’t get stiffed in any other way

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

@Mega-Gazz No doubt I will but I’m going to allow myself a bit of hope!

carlos82

@nessisonett has the seller got some previous good feedback? This seems very odd as he stands to lose about £60 through sellers fees and on a console that is easily sold for double its value at the moment. Hopefully you've just got very lucky

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

SoulChimera

Sorry if this has already been spoken about.

I’ve stuck my PS4 external drive into my PS5. It updated all the games on it (well tried and failed and required about 50 repairs and rebuilds).

After it had completed. I was left with around 20 things in the download section on the PS5. All of them called “No Title” and when I press them, say “Insert the disc for the game”.

I managed to work out what 19 of them were based on the tiles in my “Installed” library. The unfinished ones had a red or clear status bar running along the bottom.

So I’ve inserted 19 games and cleared 19 downloads.

I now have 1 left and have no idea what game it is.

I’ve got a few hundred on the hard drive so I can’t go through all of them.

Does anyone know a way to find what this “No Title” game is?

I’ve tried the rebuild database fix. Doesn’t do anything.

SoulChimera

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Well done! Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a toaster!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@nessisonett With any luck, you've found the one person on eBay with a conscience. They do exist, so allow yourself a degree of hope.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Mega-Gazz

RogerRoger wrote:

They do exist

<<Insert princess bride meme here>>

(I’m just too lazy to actually go and find it)

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

@carlos82 Yep, 100% feedback from over 100 people over the years. From what the seller’s told me in his little thank you for buying note, due to the lockdown he just wanted to recoup his money fast as he was made redundant and I bought it only a few minutes after it went live! I feel pure bad for the guy, can’t have been easy to let it go.

carlos82

@nessisonett I can't think of a worse time to be made redundant and whilst a console is the be all and end all, it certainly won't help. Hopefully he'll get back on his feet soon and you're gonna have a lot of fun with the PS5. I've finished Miles Morales now and all the side content all of which have some really good scenes to finish them off. Now onto Demon's Souls

Th3solution

@nessisonett Congrats! I’m still checking every now and then on the off chance something falls into my lap, but I’m becoming more accustomed to the thought of being locked out of next gen until after Christmas.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MightyDemon82

Second platinum on PS5 is in the bag, stayed up to the wee hours of the morning to get the final two trophies needed in Spider-man Miles Morales. Next up I think I'll jump into Bugsnax later this afternoon!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Congrats dude!

I found this useful, how to unfollow games so you no longer receive news cards from them. Was getting a bit sick of seeing stuff from games like Fortnite and Apex Legends which I only played for a few hours.

Press the PS button, then X to view the "stories", then X again on one of them, then go down to the (...) button, and select "Unfollow Game".

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

carlos82

@MightyDemon82 just finished the platinum on Miles Morales myself, a fun game and now I can concentrate on Demon's Souls and Borderlands 3. The latter of which weirdly seems to have the PS4 Pro's performance choices despite running as a native PS5 game, in the menu you can choose performance and resolution and both seem to be a stable 60fps but one at 1080p and the other somewhere approaching 4K

Mega-Gazz

carlos82 wrote:

@MightyDemon82 just finished the platinum on Miles Morales myself, a fun game and now I can concentrate on Demon's Souls and Borderlands 3. The latter of which weirdly seems to have the PS4 Pro's performance choices despite running as a native PS5 game, in the menu you can choose performance and resolution and both seem to be a stable 60fps but one at 1080p and the other somewhere approaching 4K

BL3 on PS5 has a 120fps mode, and it works.... though I’ve spent way too many hours on the game.

Mega-Gazz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic