Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,729

nessisonett

My Remote Play app updated today so it can now be used with a PS5 console. I mean, I don’t think anybody’s going to have one for a few weeks but I guess it’s better to update it early.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah at least it will, be ready day 1 for people that need it.

Like what we saw of the UI earlier. Having hint videos PIP and speech to text will come in useful, especially the latter with PS messages app being retired at the end of this month.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheFrenchiestFry

I kinda dislike the game icons. The UI presents them in a similar fashion to what I'd see on something like the App Store or Play Store. I prefer the tiles on the PS4 or the Switch game icons and just how big they are personally,

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Cloud_strife56

I really like the hints it will really be helpful for a gamer who only plays in easy mode

it’s easy mkay

nessisonett

I’m not huge on the Home Screen UI but I personally love the card idea, it’s really clean. I worry that themes are on their way out due to the way information is presented on the Home Screen. I’d be gutted if that happened because they’ve already done it on the Switch.

Bentleyma

@Cloud_strife56 I like this too. My only concern is if developers will actually use it. I'm sure all of Sony's games will. but I'm wondering if third party developers will make the effort.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

TheFrenchiestFry

I'll probably go through it again just to test out backwards compatibility and how PS5 enhancements work in those instances. Right now I'm just waiting on the PC version if anything

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

Perhaps I’ll actually finish FF7R on PS5. My crushing disappointment might have faded by then.

Octane

I'll cancel my pre-order if I can't have my TLOU2 theme as my background on the home menu.

Octane

R1spam

I've actually got the hype feeling now, og 500 gig ps4 sold yesterday (now I know my library will play with pro enhancements on ps5 for those games that have it). Bring on the 19th of November!! Have both the Thursday and Friday off 🙌

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Bentleyma

I'm interested to see how much of the PS5's new features PS4 games are able to use. Will they be able to use the cards or the in-game help?

I have the 19th and 20th off. I booked them off to play the PS5, but I think they will be spent downloading games! At least I'll be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on my PS4 while they download.

I went full digital, so I'll be getting a decent amount of money for all my PS4 discs. I'm not selling my PS4 though, I'm letting my friend borrow it and several PS4 exclusives. Lucky guy is going to get to experience God of War, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Horizon Zero Dawn and a couple of others for the first time, for free no less!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 That is a much better price than previously reported. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a mistake by Walmart.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
It's only 500gb but it makes me optimistic. In 2 or 3 years time, when I may need to upgrade, there should be a lot of options available.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder It's half the size. The 1TB was 230 iirc, so it's literally just half the price, which kinda makes sense.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 @Octane Of course, that sounds about right. Yeah the prices should decrease from now on. Personally I won't need one for ages as I have a 4TB USB external drive, and I'm happy to shift things back and forth as required for now.

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder You buy digital? And do you have a data cap? Otherwise I see no reason to move them from the internal SSD to an external HHD. Especially if you buy physical. Moving a game from an external HHD to the SSD will take just as long as installing it from a disc.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane I buy a mixture of both, and no i don't have a data cap. If and when the PS5 drive gets full I will need to move stuff over. But like I said, that won't be for ages. Plus moving things back and forth shouldn't take as long as it currently does. Sometimes it can take an age for a game to install from disk (admittedly that might also improve) and at least if I have the game already installed it will be updated to the latest version.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic