Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 4,712

SirAngry

@JohnnyShoulder oh well that's weird because last night they said there weren't free upgrades. Have they changed that this morning? Because on Twitter PlayStation luminaries were getting it in the neck. The Demon's Souls and FFXVI situations are the funniest... because Square Enix are saying it isn't coming to PC... but Sony say it is. Plus Demon's Souls is coming to PC and other consoles... but now they say it isn't. Eric Lampel might be getting his P45 because the messaging last night was disastrously bad at points. There's no getting away from that. The price of the console is the least of their concerns right now, they've literally created more questions than they've answered.

SirAngry

JohnnyShoulder

@R1spam Cheers buddy. I've just checked and its not even listed on the Very site. Gonna try a couple of others and keep on at it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@SirAngry Yeah, I do agree that their communication has been bad so far. Demon's Souls is coming only to PS5 they're reiterated. I expect FF16 to be a console exclusive. It'll definitely come to PC at some point.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@SirAngry I don't recall them saying there weren't any free next gen upgrades? It was confirmed shortly after on the PS Blog. Yep they have certainly mucked up on certain things but not with this.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

SirAngry

@JohnnyShoulder it was the PlayStation Twitter account responding to a question about Sackboy I think. But I can't find the Tweet now so maybe it was deleted. Either way, simple questions that should have been answered in the showcase itself were not. The lack of UI demo at this stage is worryingly bizarre, because if it launches with the sub-standard PS4 blue monstrosity currently on dev kits it'll not be good. There's blanked out place holder squares all over the place. My guess it just isn't ready. And they're scrambling to get a day 1 pat h working.

SirAngry

SirAngry

@Octane of course FFXVI is coming to PC. It'd be bizarre if it didn't. However, messing it up like that for a partner organisation just doesn't look professional. Staged or not, the XSS leak was handled far better by Microsoft.

SirAngry

LieutenantFatman

What was everyone's game of the show, yesterday?

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@SirAngry I mean at this stage you are just speculating at what could go wrong at this point, which I don't think helps anyone. Just because they haven't something doesn't always mean something is wrong.

I think Sony have already said the UI will be improved and takes advantage of the SSD. Of course they could not be telling the truth, but that is upto the individual whether to belive them or not.

phil_j

LieutenantFatman wrote:

What was everyone's game of the show, yesterday?

Spiderman and Demon's Souls both look great. Those will be my two launch games. Happy with that, and will keep me busy for a while.

phil_j

SirAngry

@JohnnyShoulder maybe, but in the absence of concrete information to the contrary this is what I have to go on. Also after last night I'm not sure we can trust statements out of Sony with regards to the PS5, I'm not even sure Sony know what's going on after last night.

SirAngry

Octane

@LieutenantFatman Good question! I think Demon's Souls looks absolutely rad, but I haven't finished Bloodborne, so I don't know if it's for me. The prospect of playing God of War next year is maybe my favourite moment of the show.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@SirAngry OK but I think we need to move on and rather keep going on about what may or may not could go wrong, I think it is better to concentrate on what we do know rather than trying fill in the blanks with speculative and false information. That will only make things worse and will only end in one way.

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Yeah Spider-man and Demon Souls. FF looked cool too, but need to see some gameplay before getting hyped for it.

Kidfried

God of War 2 is the game I'm looking most forward to, that's for sure. The 2018, that I still haven't finished, is just too good.

From all the games I think Demon Souls had the best trailer. The game just nails the atmosphere From Software is going for, even better than any of the Soulsborne games ever did. The gameplay was fast enough and we saw a bit of everything in that trailer. I've never played the original, so for me and probably many others this is a totally new game too. Great decision to remake this one.

But the game of the show for me is Final Fantasy XVI. I was positively surprised with the direction this game has taken, and I am looking forward to playing a new FF again, after having skipped XIV and XV (and disliking XIII). The setting is really nice, and it evoked some of that classic FF feelings that I've been missing for a long time. Read quite some disappointing reactions in the chat and later online, but I'm just feeling really positive.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

I thought Final Fantasy XVI looked quite interesting myself @Kidfried

Not terribly fond of all the sci-fi stuff of the last few mainline ones so a more medieval setting is certainly fine by me.

What I could... ascertain from the story seemed intriguing? Not sure of the more darker tone buuuut it could work? Maybe?

Gameplay side of things is my main concern though as that looked sorta similar to FF XV's combat to me rather then FF VIIR's.

I'll keep an eye on it at the very least. When it comes out 2030 or whenever

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Kidfried

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I thought the Final Fantasy had quite a few dark games. I personally found IV, VI and VII quite dark, so I wasn't like shocked by the tone.

Kidfried

SirAngry

@JohnnyShoulder until they show these things it's going to happen, and you don't get to decide what others talk about and want to know. Sony are miles behind on revealing details. I'm actually convinced by Demon's Souls, it's the one game I really wanted at launch, that and Ratchet & Clank, plus Spider-Man Miles Morales actually looked really good. They've got a job on their hands to get everything out in time and convince me €80's a game this gen is worth it and justified. Sony more than ever need to morph PS Now or PS+ into a Game Pass like service, I think the PS+ Game Collection might be the start of that, but the PS5 long term doesn't look like such a good product in the current climate to me.

SirAngry

LieutenantFatman

@Kidfried
I was really intrigued by FFXVI, interested to see more of it. My only cornern is so many recent Final Fantasies have had weak narratives and uninteresting characters. But I thought they did quite well with the FF7 Remake and the narrative for FF14 is meant to be really good, so I think there's plenty to be positive about.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic