Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 4,716

JJ2

The pre order mess is really bad but I'm thinking there will be more chance to pre order.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Kidfried

@Anti-Matter Just try to ignore them. The console wars make people do and say crazy things. Everyone is so on edge.

Kidfried

JJ2

@Kidfried
Ikr
That's why I said a few days ago in the comments, dont call people fanboy or whatever for liking this or that or for saying something bad about some corporate, brands, because it's going to be a sht show in the comments real soon.
🤷‍♂️

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

@Anti-Matter Report them and then ignore using the buttons on the bottom of the comment if they are rude to you. Just don't get into an argument with them or anything, as it is not worth the bother.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

I've just preordered. I know that 70 quid a game is brutal but for me, I never upgraded to a pro and since I've had a 4k hdr tv for about a year now, brexit electronics charges possibly on the horizon and with new games on the way, its time.

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Octane

I pre-ordered it as well. The price for the hardware isn't bad at all. I can wait for the games to drop in price if I feel like they're too expensive.

Octane

JJ2

Just got mine pre order from Amazon.uk now.
Phew

BearsEatBeets

Just managed to get a pre-order with Amazon UK. I'm going to keep trying to get one with Tesco as I have staff discount and vouchers that will knock a load of the price. Plus I can go and pick it up rather than wait for it to turn up. Still I'm glad I've got this locked in just in case I can't.
I'm going to get Miles Morales with it but it will be a struggle to decide whether to play that first or Cyberpunk. I suppose it depends what time that gets delivered.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

SirAngry

@nessisonett they've since clarified Demon's Souls isn't coming to PC. There were Bluepoint Devs last night joking somebody else must be working on the PC version. I think it was a cock up.

SirAngry

SirAngry

The pre-order situation in Sweden is shocking. They are charging £525 essentially for the standard edition here, and it seems like the XSX is roughly £60 cheaper. The pre-orders have gone live, but only some places, and the main gamer stores haven't got a clue. Just spoke to a friend who manages a number of stores in the region and he said Sony have given them zero information. The show was a mess. Raised more questions than it answered and actually shows Sony aren't organised and are in disarray.

SirAngry

Sayain4

Absolute joke of a preorder.... Bloody Sony should cancel all of the preorders made before midnight. And what’s the deal with even being on Sony’s own list if they weren’t going to email anyone?! I’ve had PS every launch since they came out.... bunch of friggen losers dropping the ball like this.

Sayain4

Octane

@SirAngry Don't fall for those prices. I've seen a similar thing over here, certain retailers are taking advantage of the situation and charging more. I pre-ordered mine for the advertised price of 499 at a reputable retailer. But I've seen non-gaming retailers with prices as high as 550.

Octane

SirAngry

@Octane no, it seems it is going for 5990 SEK. It's up at more reputable sites now. Sony generally shaft the Nordic region. Nintendo treat us nice, Microsoft too, but Sony treat the region as an inconvenience it seems. I can say that as a Brit living in Sweden, because I see the difference. Sony Sweden are arrogant as hell, and their social media team personify that attitude with their interactions with customers. Taken a quick straw poll of my mates over here, prior to the show 11 out of 16 were day 1. After the show that's dropped to 3 out of 16. We're going to have a Zoom chat about it, but Sony are looking like arrogant PS3 Sony right now with the no free upgrade of first party games from PS4 to PS5. And I know that price hike will be industry wide eventually, but they could've done an Ubisoft and kept them the same across multi-gen releases.

Edited on by SirAngry

SirAngry

JohnnyShoulder

It's unavailable currently on Amazon. The shopto site keeps crashing but I've registered with Game and Simply Games to be notified when it is available.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Octane

@SirAngry That's weird. Is it the same in Finland? Because of the euro, it should be the same. I mean, it's pointless to you, but I expect it has to do with the difference in currency.

Octane

SirAngry

@JohnnyShoulder good luck. According to a regional manager at Webhallen he might get 5 Standard Editions for 30 stores. PMSL. So I think even though I was first in the queue a few months ago at my local store, it looks highly unlikely I'll be getting one for possibly months if the PS4 situation is repeated in Scandinavia, they essentially forgot to send any so they could keep Americans happy. Waiting to see, but if I miss out I'll not be too bothered in all honesty. Thinking of building a new PC in a Louqe Ghost S1 case instead. I can wait until Microsoft have games and Sony remember they need customers.

Edited on by SirAngry

SirAngry

roe

Managed to get a pre-order through Amazon earlier. Not even sure I want one yet tbh though ¯ _ ( ツ ) _ / ¯

Am I the bad guy?

Edited on by roe

roe

SirAngry

@Octane Finland quite often has to pay more than the € RRP as well. My wife is Finnish-Swedish, or is it Swedish-Finnish? She seems to change her mind depending on the weather. Either way I'm a regular visitor to Helsinki and Aalto University and can confirm the Finns get shafted like their Scandinavian cousins quite often. The differences aren't down to tax either.

SirAngry

JohnnyShoulder

@SirAngry If you buy the PS4 versions you do get a free upgrade to the PS5 version? It says so on the PS Blog. So i will most likely pick up the PS4 versions of Spider-man MM and Horizon FW as I assume they will be cheaper.

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic