Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 361 to 380 of 639

zupertramp

@render nah, thanks but it's no biggie. I really enjoy that track (it's one of the few I've taken the time to get all gold in the circuit challenge) but I really hate that car lol.

Next time, if there is one.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 9

So that was way more interesting than I imagined. That thing really was a barge with brakes from a bicycle. Those that did manage to tame the beast did a great job and this was one tight competition in the midfield.

Here are the results then. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @JudgeDredd 1:59.928
2nd🥈: @nitram2k11 2:00.649
3rd🥉: @velio84 2:00.852

So that's quite a change from last week and well done to you guys for putting in a good time against all the odds.

Here's all the other times:

4th: @MatthewJP 2:01.215
5th: @render 2:01.227
6th: @Mr_B021 2:01.284

Well done to anyone that turned in a time and unlucky zupertramp for not being able to post a time because of the car upgrades. I'll try and pick something slightly less boaty for next week so look out for the next one on Monday.

render

Th3solution

Has anyone else had trouble with really long load time now after the update. The game seems to function okay once it loads but the opening loading screen has the circling GT symbol for what seems like an eternity before the game will start. Like several minutes. I read in the patch notes that it’s an issue and ‘might’ improve if you delete your game file and re-download it. I’m really not thrilled about doing that for a 110 GB file.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MatthewJP

@Th3solution very rarely it will say 'please wait' on the first GT screen but closing the game and launching again sorts that.
Not had any issues you mention following the update, and not heard anyone on our GT discord channel mention anything

PSN: mpquikster

Th3solution

@MatthewJP Hmm.. thanks. I went ahead and closed the game and then rebooted my PS5 and this time I launched the game it came up right away. Weird. Hopefully it’s not going to be a recurring problem.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

I got this game thinking it would be a good secondary game to do on the side of another main game, ya know — a few races here and there to cleanse the proverbial palate, but I’m finding that all I want to do is play GT7! It’s really addictive. They’ve done well with the menu system to walk you through progressively better cars and gradually different tracks and driving conditions. With all the different modes like licenses, missions, and online stuff, it’s quite a thorough and well produced package. It’s brought back my love of the series, which had grown stagnant since about GT3.

My biggest complaint is that I can’t, for the life of me, get gold in license A4. It’s the one where you can’t touch any of the walls. I literally got within 0.1 second but I’ve probably spent 2-3 hours doing that test over and over and I can’t do it. All the other A license tests were fairly easy to get gold, some I got gold on the first try. But A4 is killing me. I’ve decided to just ignore it for now and move on because it’s more frustrating than a Soulsborne boss to me right now. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Have you tried turning on the demonstration ghost? Sometimes it can show you a slightly different approach or line to take. You can also offset the time off it to your preference so it is always slightly in front of you.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Mr_B021

@Th3solution Sometimes it is better to walk away for the day if it is getting frustrating. I had challenges where I couldn’t get gold even if I tried for hours. Then to succeed on the first try the next day.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Th3solution

@Mr_B021 @sorteddan Thanks for the tips. I did try to walk away and then came back the next day, but still struggled.
I didn’t know that there was a demo ghost, so I’ve only been using the ghost of my own personal best, which is also helpful, but in this case isn’t enough. I’ll try that demo ghost the next time I play. I assume it’s somewhere in the settings?

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Yeah quite easy to find, settings then ghost settings. I didn't discover it till quite late but it helped me on some of them.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@sorteddan Thanks! And the ability to offset the ghost will be helpful also. It’s a bit confusing when the ghost is right on top of the current car (I like to play the chase viewpoint) as I sometimes react to the wrong image. 😅 And this particular license has zero room for timing error. A split second too late (or too early) to initiate a turn means that I end up into the wall.

zupertramp

@Th3solution yeah I remember struggling a bit with this one... it's a front wheel drive car which understeers so it helps to steer into those corners a little early. Also don't know if you have counter steering on but I took it off pretty early, seemed to help.

But I'm no expert either so not much help other than to say I feel your frustration.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

@zupertramp Good to know I’m not the only one. It’s weird that most of the other tests have been comparatively easy, so I was suspicious that I have been driving ‘wrong’ to have struggled with such a low level task. I guess I throw my car around with too much reckless abandon. 😅
But that’s a good tip on the counter steer assist and on the FR car tendency. Through reading this thread I have learned the value in fiddling with the counter steer and traction control settings, depending on the specific needs of the test. It feels like, in general, if I need to be more precise and have less understeer then turning off counter steer does help.

zupertramp

@Th3solution oh definitely. In fact I'm really not fond of Tokyo Expressway, even in a race; it's just too narrow and it's just too easy to slap a barrier coming out of a corner exit. There's another Urban Driving test in the International B (I think) at Tokyo Expressway in a GT-R and omg the trouble I had with this thing. It's the first time I got the "hey you kinda suck at this why don't you watch the demo" message.

Another suggestion I've seen is turning off the Active Stability Management but I was never brave enough to try that. From what I remember... after you get the braking down on that corner before entering beneath the elevated road (think that's the first corner) it's just a matter of throttling that last corner properly with only the slightest hint of braking iirc.

But that's the thing about tips sometimes is it's like yeah, I know what to do I just can't seem to do it. So good luck and keep at it.

Edited on by zupertramp

Th3solution

@zupertramp For some reason I think I’ve become more obsessive-compulsive as I’ve gotten older. I remember before when playing GT that I wasn’t as worried as I seem to be now to get 1st place in all the races and gold on all the licenses. I probably need to just relax and be satisfied with just passing.

sorteddan

As render isn't doing a time trial this week I suggest you all go do 5 laps of the nurbergring in a sambabus. Don't bother posting your times though, just try to learn from the experience...

sorteddan

@JudgeDredd

Touche.

Actually got me thinking about doing all the weight reductions and upgrades and seeing how crazy it becomes, May have to have a go tomorrow.

zupertramp

@Th3solution lol tell me about it. I was doing the International A10 license test earlier when I realized I was actually gritting my teeth the entire way through it.

But don't think of it as OCD. You've just gotten more persistent with age, and your work ethic is stronger. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Edited on by zupertramp

sorteddan

@nitram2k11 @Kairu
Can't race with you guys as I work Sunday evenings and usually get home and collapse in front of MoTD.
Would like to join in your time trial thing but fear the uploading image part is beyond my technological abilities! - since its done on trust anyhow are screenshots really necessary?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic