Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 101 to 120 of 639

themcnoisy

@MatthewJP Just read it. Whoop will finally get my hands 🤣 on the Toyota 86 group 3 car. Yes!!!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

MrGilly69

If anyone wants to add me, be it for times to compete with or the occasional online race, I only have 2 friends that play gt7 and I kinda like the competition in beating em.
Psn is mrgilly69

MrGilly69

MatthewJP

Does anyone know if I'll acquire the kart required for one of the current races in 'sport mode' progressing through the game, or do I need to purchase one (and if so from where)?

PSN: mpquikster

MatthewJP

@Abarth_71 thank you I'll check it out tonight. What a stupid trophy BTW

render

@velio84 Good write up. From what you’ve said it seems like you can get on quite alright without spending any money on MTX which is great to hear.

Have you been playing the same events in the campaign or are there enough events to keep it interesting without having to do that? Are there special events as part of the campaign where you get specific cars? Also do you have to spend a lot of time tinkering with setup etc or can you just get in and race?

Sorry for the questions but so close to buying this and the answers might push me towards it quicker 😀

render

render

@velio84 Thanks ever so much for that 😃

It sounds really good especially the changing weather conditions so you don’t get complacent. About the only interesting thing about Dirt 5 was the changing time of day as you raced. You’d start in the day and then nightfall would come and all of a sudden it would be hard to see.

I also like that you’ve not had to grind as even though I don’t mind doing the same race it’s nice to have events that really feel different. Great to hear that they’ve got iconic tracks like Spa in there too.

I also don’t mind having to wait to get some good cars as it’s nice that there’s a goal to continuing to race. I don’t need everything on the first day.

I’ll tap you up if I think of anything else, thanks 😉

render

MatthewJP

@render
@velio84 experience of the game is definitely how I would describe it also. I'm progressing through the game nicely with no need to spend on MTX.

I do wonder what will keep me occupied once completing the 'main game' but I guess that's where you then spend time doing custom races and ramping up the difficulty, tinkering with set ups and playing online more. Plus I'm sure there will be a steady flow of new content released regularly.

I find it good to do a couple of licence tests, a couple of challenge missions, a couple of online races and a bit of the main game each session - really keeps things varied and interesting and get to try your hand at loads of different cars you don't necessarily own yet in the game.

render

Finally caved and bought GT7. I haven’t done much so far, just the first few menus at the cafe and the music rally. It’s been good so far though. The controls are tight and I like the feedback via the haptics.

I went straight in with all the driver aids off and haven’t found it too bad, just need to work on remembering to change gear as the last few driving games I’ve played have been more arcade style so I’ve just let it on auto.

I got the 1m credits awarded for when the servers were down so that’s some nice money to spend when I’ve had a chance to check out what’s in the used cars. Got my eye on a few but I don’t know if it’s better just to save the credits in case I need some upgrades.

render

nathanSF

@Kairu Sure. message me. I'm TheSil. give me a shout if I'm online and watch me crash and slide

IwriteSci-Fi

Twitter:

render

@velio84 I had a look at the used car dealership last night and bought a McLaren MP4-12c as it said there was limited availability. It’s a nice car and definitely one I’d buy myself if I ever had the funds and/or the inclination to own such a thing. I think there’s an F1 available somewhere in the game so I’ll definitely be bagging that when I get the chance.

I don’t know if you know how many days roughly thing hang around at the used car dealership? I guess they go through a cycle of being fully available through to limited and are then removed for a while to make them feel more sought after?

Loving the racing even though I’ve only been doing the slower events as part of the cafe. The cars feel great to drive and the haptics are more subtle than I imagined they were going to be but work amazingly well at feeding back what’s happening on track. I also like the resistance on the triggers as it makes it easier to feather the throttle and brakes. I spent way more time in this last night than I was planning too just because it’s so good.

render

MatthewJP

I was overlooking the circuit experiences but did a couple last night and the prize money is really decent now (and linked to a couple of trophies).
I find the licence tests and missions so addictive and frustrating and addictive again at the same time. I'm useless at the drifting ones.

render

@velio84 @MatthewJP I've got loads to do before I get to the point of unlocking the circuit experiences then but I'm enjoying the licence tests. They are actually pretty tricky to not leave any time on the table and it makes me appreciate watching F1 all the more as you realise it's a very fine line they tread between leaving time on the table or leaving the track. I do like the way it focuses your mind on a single thing though and makes you break it down into it's composite parts like braking, corner entry, mid corner and corner exit etc. I'm also liking that I've got a load of times to aim for from the PSN friends leaderboard it gives you, not that I've troubled any of those but I will revisit some and try to improve using those as a target.

I remember playing GT3 on the PS2 back when I owned a Logitech wheel and I just didn't get into that anywhere near as much as I've got into GT7. I'm sure having a good wheel would elevate the experience but actually it wouldn't really work out for me anyway as the PS is in the living room and I'd have to get a wheel setup out each time I wanted to play. I think the controller is that good that I'm actually happy with using it and feel that it adds more than it takes away. I'd imagine that playing online is a whole different ball game though with more people likely using wheels so you did well to hang in there @velio84.

render

render

@velio84 Made that look easy, leading from start to finish. I’m going to have to get a move on so that I can get some online games in.

render

themcnoisy

It's great that GT7 has boosted the monetary rewards. However after finishing the game a couple of weeks ago the rewards are so small it's hard to get motivated to carry on. Throughout the menus you obtain regular cars, that stops randomly at menu 39.

Im planning on revisiting it over the weekend so we will see if it's better.

The biggest issue I have is, now that it's a car collecting game - rather than a boost a few cars RPG - it fails massively compared to Forza Horizon. I wrapped up Forza Horizon 5 after 35-40 hours with 280 cars or so. The game is great, the handling arcadey unfortunately it gets boring quickly after shooting the accolades With GT7 the equivalent would take 2000+ hours. Who has this kind of time?

Im Stuck on 90 cars including the million credit bonus and have 3 cars in the top 3 groups. Compared to FH I had around 10 S1 and S2 cars. I hate the GT7 progression and informing everyone that Horizon does it better fills me with anger as this 'car collection' focus ruins both games in my opinion.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

render

@Kairu @velio84 If I can get to the point where I'm confident enough then I should be up for a race with you guys. Times wise Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights would be best for me but I can be flexible on other nights as well.

render

MatthewJP

I'm usually playing offline most nights UK 10pm ish, so if anything is set up and I happen to be around I'll drop in for a bit.
I've only got a small car collection at the moment and not tinkered with any upgrades, and still use a fair few assists so won't be troubling anyone with my skills!

render

The A-9 Hairpins licence test is turning out to be my Gran Turismo Malenia. I've got the silver but am two tenths down from achieving the gold and just can't seem to get any quicker. I can't believe I'm so far off of some of the times you guys have put in. Can anyone let me in on what the secret is or am I just that bad? 😅

render

render

@Fragile Send you a friend request and thanks for the tips, I'll have another go later. I've watched the demo for that one a dozen time and I'm pretty much dead on the racing line so perhaps it is that I'm waiting too long before applying some throttle.

@Kairu I wouldn't worry too much, I think I'm likely to be making up the numbers 😉

render

MatthewJP

@render just checked and I got gold on that by one thousandth of a second, so definitely scraped that one. I'll have had auto gears and ABS on.

I often find with the licence tests it's worth having a few goes using each of the camera angles as it can sometimes help find a different line you wouldn't necessarily take.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic