Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,024

JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JJ2

@LiamCroft
Ha I hope you don’t get to rush for deadline and can just enjoy the game in all it’s scope. An in progress review would do just fine.
👍🏻

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JJ2

JJ2

It looks like a lot of hands on first hours with Elden Ring are coming up now from many sources.

JohnnyShoulder

Not seen this, but the blurb says it goes into what has changed since the network test.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder At least there’s changes since the network test. A good sign cause that test was rough.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Voltan A multitude of personal issues with it. Obviously technical stuff like the frame drops which genuinely got me killed a couple times but I did expect that to be ironed out before release. Jank galore especially with the horse but that’s par for the course with FromSoft. Otherwise, quite a few misgivings about the direction of the game such as the lifeless and sorta dull overworld, the smaller dungeons being uninspired and not at all like what was hyped up by the devs, the gameplay feeling just a bit too much like Dark Souls 3 instead of being distinct like how Bloodborne was etc. Obviously subjective stuff but the network test left me with a worse impression than if I hadn’t played it and just waited for release.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Yeah usually go for a dex build so I can use a decent bow.

Cheers for sharing the classes video, I may give that a watch later.

Not long to go now. I had to change the delivery to my work address, so hopefully they don't fudge it up. Got the following week off so I can get balls deep into the game.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ2

@colonelkilgore
Yes I dont trust VG247 since the time they posted an uncharted 4 demo preview that was actually uncharted 2 remaster. (Uncharted 4 is formulaic)
Still all previews are very very positive which is not surprising but they go beyond in hyping the game to rarely seen level.
It seems it’s about as great as I thought it would be with from soft shining in open world design because they always reward exploration. Probably a new bar for open world design even if they are all annoyingly referring to Breath of the Wild.
I personally liked Easy Allies preview which doesn’t spoil too much but gives interesting tidbits.

Edited on by JJ2

colonelkilgore

@JJ2 fair enough. Yeah I watched Isla and Brad’s take on Easy Allies… Isla was great but Brad looked like he hardly knew what the game was at some points (which was strange considering what a huge From Soft fan he is).

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I watched that too. The guy clearly didn't have access to that final preview and was just trying to make as much sense of it as he could, based on his experience with the network test, while trying to stay somewhat active in the conversation

Voltan

JJ2

@colonelkilgore
Ha well everyone has a different point of view. I had the same feeling with Gamespot the bearded guy kept asking silly questions (considering the guy only played a few hours and could not really answer) to my opinion haha
I liked the few bits of info though. 😅

Edited on by JJ2

colonelkilgore

@Voltan @JJ2 yeah it was totally worth it for Isla’s take. Super enthusiastic and provided some genuine nuggets… I just wish they had traded Brad for Huber. Even if Huber has absolutely no know,edge of the subject, he’s honest about it and still ‘wildly’ entertaining.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JJ2

JohnnyShoulder

Looks like Bandit could my class in this game.

colonelkilgore

@velio84 @lolwhatno I always go pure strength while wielding an ultra great sword. Great fun. Ive tried dex builds and still enjoyed but there’s something about swinging an UGS. Never tried magic… probably never will 🤔

**** DLC!

JJ2

@colonelkilgore
Same I’m not interested in magic. What is great is I see a lot of people going for a different starting class genuinely thinking it’s the best one. It shows how this game can be played from very different approaches and a true RPG in my view.
I’ll go with Vagabond which I feel is a great starting class because of balanced starting stats (If no magic) and good equipment with decent armour and decent shield with I really like and need from the beginning for my play style. I was eyeing the Samurai class for the Longbow but looks like he has a crappy shield. Just need search for decent weapon I can invest in and a bow in the early game.
One thing I learned is equipment load doesn’t scale with strength anymore like in the Beta but now it scales with endurance / stamina which makes a lot of sense since any build needs it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic