Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 761 to 780 of 4,206

GAMINGLORY

Black Friday.
Skyrim Special Edition Steelbook Edition Amazon exclusive.
$39.99. For the PS4 + XBOXONE. ! Awesomeness !

Playing The Game... That Is Playing Me... Playing The Game...

PSN: GAMINGLORY

Gamer83

Lara Croft Go. Very neat little game.

Gamer83

Ralizah

I bought Siren. Never owned it for PS2, so this upgraded version seems like the ideal one to start with.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

Bought Axiom Verge in the sale.

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87: I'm enjoying it so far. Very atmospheric. Feels a lot like Super Metroid.

Octane

The Last Guardian!

Octane

usb

Ark Survival Evolved never had so much fun dieing.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

Ralizah

Doesn't really count as a purchase, but I got my Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero code for the PS4 and have been playing through that. Pretty fantastic platformer so far.

I would have gotten it on the Wii U, but I'm not sure it really makes sense to invest in more games for that system with the launch of the Switch so close now. I don't regret the decision, though. WayForward made sure the game takes almost full advantage of the DS4, so it's very comfortable to play.

Edited on by Ralizah

BoyFromMars82

Just picked up Titanfall 2..............but not sure I can find the time between operations in Battlefield 1. That has me hooked!

BoyFromMars82

PSN: BoyFromMars82

TheDoofingCritic

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (My mains so far are Ryu,Morrigain,and Deadpool

TheDoofingCritic

PSN: Goldmarioz

BAMozzy

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@BAMozzy: Let me know what you think, I thoroughly enjoyed it

How many Rune trials and Secret old school Doom Maps did you get? So far I have got all on my playthrough but I am finding the double jump to be very inconsistent which is leading to a lot of restarts/retries. which as you can imagine is very frustrating! It takes a LONG time loading each checkpoint and restart! Currently on Mission 8 trying to do the double jump bit to unlock the doom old school map! However not every time does the double jump seem to work so even when I get across, getting back is no guarantee... I think I have tried 30-40+ times in a row and been let down by the Double jump inconsistency! Its very frustrating! Movement is quite slow - all one speed and its not exactly more than a brisk walking pace - I would prefer a bit more pace - or the ability to sprint.

The game itself is pretty much what I expected it to be. Whilst there is a story of sorts - its not exactly Doom 3 (or other shooter's campaign) Its very old school and I still think they could have kept the old-school approach but made the game more modern - kind of like Wolfenstein. I think its a quite a shallow experience in a lot of ways. The combat is ok even if predictable and I guess its fun although I would have preferred a deeper story to add more context and depth to the experience. Story is what cann drive me on through a game, wanting to know what happens next but this is just more of the same - different setting maybe and increasingly difficult and numerous demons but its the same over and over and over again This means that after a mission or two I want some depth, something more.

Visually I can't criticise it at all and mechanically it works well. Glory (or should that be Gory) kills look good for the first few times but like everything else, gets repetitive quite quickly I find and need to find something else to play. MP still sucks as well but not tried the Snap Map content. Overall its worth the £20 I spent but definitely not a patch on modern day games. Stories I know can be hit or miss, whether you connect with the characters, the situation etc. I know visually (and the extra content) are what you would expect from a AAA game but the actual game itself seems quite basic in concept. I actually enjoyed Doom 3 because it tried to bring Doom forward. The original Dooms were great in their day because of the limitations of the technology and competition. Wolfenstein, which Doom model itself on originally, has moved with times, Doom I feel has regressed. Glad I didn't pay full price...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gamer83

Shantae Half-Genie Hero. First game I'm playing in the series. A few levels in and it's a lot of fun so far, I can see why people have liked the past games.

Gamer83

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just bought the Lego Harry Potter Collection. £25 from GAME.

Will be my first Lego game, but I'm a massive Potterhead so I thought I take the gamble.
If it's any good I'll try out some of the other Lego games.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

LzWinky

A "used" (really open box) PS4 Slim from Gamestop

Current games: Everything on Switch

Tasuki

@TheLZdragon: What?? I could have sworn you had a PS4 already, or have my Sony influence finally got to you, and you just had to have another one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic