Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 4,206

HallowMoonshadow

In the recent sale I picked up Blasphemous for £4.99 and Valkyria Chronicles 4: Complete Edition for £9.99.

Your VC4 review @Th3Solution is still doing work Sol! Helps I enjoyed my time with VC1 too that I took a punt on thanks to that review

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Anti-Matter

Good evening.
I bought another PS4 game yesterday.
My Time at Portia
Take a look.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

KilloWertz

@BearsEatBeets After noticing this weekend that Broken Sword 5 was only $0.99 in the current sale, I looked it up on YouTube to see what it was like. I noticed a playthrough video on there that was just short of 7 hours, so I'm assuming it should be right around that for playtime. So, in other words, you are likely right about it being a relaxing quickish game.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Oh wow, that’s great! I’m so glad you found it helpful. It’s been a couple years so I had to go back and read it myself in order to remember what I’d said about it. 😅 That motivates me to write more reviews. There’s something really fun about going back and reading one’s own review years later after the initial excitement of the game has passed and the memory of it has dulled.

I’ll certainly be interested what you think when you get around to playing VC4. I never went back to do the post-game content, but I definitely enjoyed the game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

belmont

That will not go out well with the community.

My Sonic Origins Plus PS4 copy arrived way early and the Game Gear and Amy are not on disk but on DLC code that worked with my original digital version. No new graphics option have been included.

Still there are some more says till the official release.

belmont

RogerRoger

@belmont Unfortunate, but somewhat predictable in this day and age. I wonder if it was the same situation with regards the Sonic Mania Plus physical release? I only ever had that game digitally but, even without buying the upgrade, the new Metal Sonic boss got patched in a week early.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

belmont

@RogerRoger With Sonic Mania Plus the DLC was in the disk, at least in the PS4 version. With Mania I didn't preorder but I randomly saw the game in store in a local retailer many days before the original release and got it. I guess the same thing happened now

belmont

RogerRoger

@belmont Yeah, games considered to be retro or budget tend to have leakier street dates. At least you're two for two on these 2D Sonic games! Wonder if you'll make it a hattrick and get Superstars early?

It's a shame Mania got all of its extra content on the disc, whereas Origins hasn't. I was wondering whether I'd be tempted to shell out for the inevitable "complete" version of Frontiers but, if this is the direction SEGA has chosen, I'll be able to save myself from double-dipping.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LiamCroft

@BearsEatBeets Yes, there will be a PS5 review! We only received review code this morning, though, so our verdict might be a ways out I'm afraid.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

BearsEatBeets

@LiamCroft That's okay I'm not in any rush to get it. It will probably be for the best to hear how it fully plays with the day one patch. Greatly appreciate the reply, I'll keep an eye out for the review in the future.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

LiamCroft

@BearsEatBeets No worries, I've heard good things about the game and am looking forward to checking it out also

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

kyleforrester87

I’m playing a bit of Aliens: Fireteam Elite at the moment, it’s kinda hard on normal difficulty though. Maybe that’s because I am playing solo with bot helpers. I’m quite enjoying it but I don’t know, maybe the swarms could be toned down a little bit (had about 50 aliens in a small room with me the other day).

I think I can and should crank the difficulty down a touch.

@LiamCroft Also looking forward to that review. Would be nice to know if it really leans into the Alien brand!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@BearsEatBeets I just watched that review, it does look pretty nice huh. My worry is if I don’t get it at launch, it gets kicked into the grass. But equally I don’t fancy losing 1 hour+ of progress due to bugs sooo.. may be one to wait for patches on. Hmmm.

kyleforrester87

BearsEatBeets

@kyleforrester87 yeah I'm eager to give the developer the support of my money but need a better idea of it's functional state. Maybe we'll have to keep giving Liam nudges to get it finished and reviewed. I hear sleep is greatly overrated.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

kyleforrester87

@BearsEatBeets yeah that’s the other thing, happy to support even remotely good Alien games. After Isolation not getting a sequel you can’t take anything for granted.

kyleforrester87

CaptD

@kyleforrester87 I was under the impression that it is a solo game, no coop so your helpers will always be bots. Perhaps I'm wrong.
It does look good though, perhaps a little too tense for me.....I will be screaming "game over man" before I even deploy a turret or sentry gun.

CaptD

kyleforrester87

@CaptD no, it’s more fun (and a little easier, I think?) as a co-op experience, as far as I am aware. That is Fireteam I am talking about, though, not the new Dark Descent, just to be clear.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic