Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 4,206

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I'm just sort of exhausted with a decade-plus of total cultural saturation of Marvel superhero stuff. Now it has extended to video games as well, and the best dev in Sony's fold is on semi-permanent superhero game duty. When the family is so into this stuff, I just sort of go along with it for movies and tv shows and whatnot, but gaming is MY thing, something I mostly do privately, so I've quietly resisted getting into Spider-Man.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it, though. Open sandboxes filled with collectibles and activities are addictive for me... ESPECIALLY the ones with fun movement systems like Gravity Rush and Infamous: First Light. And I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've played by Insomniac to date. And, frankly, while I'm worn out on the superhero stuff, Spider-Man is one of the few characters in that fold I happen to really like.

Good to hear about the platinum. Hopefully the collectible grind isn't as bad as having to crawl through the game hunting for birds to kill was in God of War.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@JudgeDredd Yeah, I got the sense it was a fun but also fairly bog standard open world sorta game, which I'm perfectly cool with. I doubt I'll love at as much as a hardcore Spidey fan, but as someone who tends to enjoy the mindless gameplay loop in titles like Far Cry, I expect it'll be a good time.

Def. more excited for Sushi Ghost, though!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Ah, gotcha. I suspected that'd be your reason, and it's totally understandable. The fact that it's a fresh take on Spidey, unique to the game, might help you make it "yours" and prevent it from feeling samey (at least, I sincerely hope that's the case). A lot of previous Spidey games were movie or comic tie-ins which made them continuations of an oversaturated release, unable to do anything interesting with the characters and concept. The best titles in his back-catalogue are those that use the mythos as a blueprint to chart their own course, similar to how the Arkham games handled ol' Batsy.

Despite my fanboyism, I do share some of your concerns. I've loved both of Insomniac's Spidey games because they're Spidey, not because they're superhero adventures in general, and I'm not hyped for their take on Wolverine at all; honestly, it feels like a bridge too far.

That being said, the world Insomniac have created for Spidey is indeed immersive and addictive, which seem to be the gameplay qualities you're looking for, so I'm sure you'll do fine!

Looking forward to seeing what you make of both games, as and when!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

I've made the difficult choice of buying Gran Turismo 7 for €25 today. Never played through a GT title before but I'm in such a mood to play a racing sim and I just hope the game's career mode will be able to satisfy that craving.

Despite the game being online-only, I figured if I play it for 20-30 hours and have a good time with it then I'm happy with having spent €25 on the game, even if the copy will be useless in 5-10 years. Although I could always sell it off second-hand.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge I have really enjoyed GT7. The online aspects are probably great, but I just engage in the single player content mostly. I dabbled in the sport mode just to get a couple trophies, but I don’t think I’ll spend any significant time with it. I know a group of Push Squarites on the GT7 thread get together on Sundays to race but being on the other end of the world makes it tough for me to join in. There is a weekly lap challenge that @render posts over there though that you can participate in on your own time though, which is a nice asynchronous MP diversion to see how you stack up to the people on here 😄

As for the career mode, I do think it’s great. It’s organized a little differently than a traditional racer. There’s a “menu” system at the hub Cafe where you’ll get a list of races to beat or cars to earn and that’s mainly how you progress through the campaign. It’s well done in the way it leaves plenty of open-endedness to which races to do and cars to use, and yet it has enough direction to follow in order to have a sense of progression as you get better and get faster cars. There loads of content and I’ve probably spent 50+ hours on the game and still haven’t even engaged in a couple of the other modes like the “missions” mode, the music rally races, and some of the optional tournaments and other races. Not to mention the online sport mode and multiplayer races. Oh, and also there’s the really fancy photo mode which you could spend hours messing around with if that’s of interest. I just did the small intro to it through the menus and haven’t gone back but it would be great for someone who has a creative eye for picture taking.

I played through all the “menus” (I think there is around 45 at this point, and more might be added) and definitely felt it was worth the cost, and you found it even cheaper than I did, so it’s a great deal.

I made this comment on another thread or article, but I believe it’s worth repeating — I played GT7 alongside Marvel’s Avengers and it’s two opposite ends of the live-service spectrum. Both are games which you purchase outright and then have the option to participate in spending more money for microtransactions or in-game credits, but GT7 does it unobtrusively and Avengers let it completely ruin an otherwise promising game. With GT7, it’s completely viable as an independent offline entity, although you’re correct in the sense that online connection is required to save your data even for the single player content because that prevents cheating and hacking of the save data apparently. So when the servers shut down, it will be cease to function in that regard (although I think the arcade mode can function and save without a connection)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution Cheers for spreading the word, @LtSarge if you head over to the GT7 thread you'll be able to checkout all the previous challenges I've set along with this weeks. It's just a bit of fun and meant to take max 10 minutes out of your day to do. Be good to see a time from you

render

Tasuki

Got my copy of River City Girls Zero from LRG today. I probably won't get time to play it tomorrow due to the holiday, but I did open it up. I did get a wave of nostalgia though seeing that any actual instruction booklet was included. Not a card or a sheet but a book. I can't remember the last game I got that had an instruction booklet.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Tasuki LRG are great for preserving that vibe. I've had a couple games show up with what appear to be manuals recently, but then I open 'em and they're just six pages of health warnings. Why even bother?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous

Managed to snag a physical copy of the "Limited" edition for only £30

Hopefully the disc will work fine unlike the issues there was with Pathfinder: Kingmaker's physical edition...

Looking forward to playing this gargatuan CRPG over the Christmas break!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Hayter

I just bought a PS4 Pro with Last of Us Remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn for 249. Now the big research game is starting, looking what other games I want to get for it and I will probably end up spending way to much for things I dont have the time for like always.

Hayter

sorteddan

@Hayter
Well you certainly have a lot of options! PS4 has a massive back catalogue with a lot of quality titles in there. I guess it depends on what type/genre of games you like.
But this site, and others, have best of lists that are not too hard to find and might offer some suggestions.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Anti-Matter

Hiya!
My PS4 games purchase this evening. 😃

PS4
Untitled
Untitled Goose Game
Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure

PS4 (again)
Untitled
Cooking Mama Cookstar
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

My copy of Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous came today... Haven't had a chance to start it up yet but I did have to post about the handbook and sticker sheets that came with it.

Untitled

The Handbook is basically a manual only it gives you an explanation the setting, heroes, protagonists, villains and your companions and no controller set ups or technical stuff like that.

I do like it has some insight from the development team here on there on certain things which is neat and the artwork is really nice.

Untitled

... And what can I say about stickers aside from the fact they're stickers? They look nice? 😅

Sorry for the blurriness on the handbook pic in particular but it was taken rather quickly

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Hayter

Shadow of the Colossus, Need for Speed Heat, Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition, Titanfall 2, Resident Evil 2 and the Nathan Drake Collection in the End of Year Sale.

Hayter

Fight_Teza_Fight

I purchased the unthinkable- EA play a couple of weeks ago.

It was £4/month & I’m all caught up in World Cup hype. FIFA22 was £12 physical so I thought it was worth it.
Made a European Super league & got Wrexham promoted to the prem after 3 seasons 😂(as a massive It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia fan).

Also downloaded Star Wars Jedi Fallen order & a couple of the older Need for Speed titles. It’s pretty good value for money so I think I’ll keep it for another month to get through those games before cancelling.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

LtSarge

Just ordered Just Cause 3: Gold Edition for €15. I've been holding off on buying this game until I've caught up with the series. I played through the second game either earlier this year or last year, I can't remember. And now I'm in the mood to play the next game, which looks really good. Can't wait to play it.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Good choice! I've lost countless hours to that game's mayhem. So much fun!

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

I picked up Civilization VI and Wandersong from the current sales because I just don't feel my backlog is everlasting enough -£9 for the pair.

Haven't played a Civ game in years so looking forward to losing much time in that.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@sorteddan Good luck with Civ! It’s probably the biggest overhaul in the design of the game of the iterations I’ve played (2, 5, 6).

The district system takes some getting used to but makes each game much more unique, rather than just racing to build the same wonders every time.

If you platinum that one, I will be in awe/slightly worried for you

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic