Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 4,199

LtSarge

Just ordered Kena: Bridge of Spirits Deluxe Edition. I've been waiting for the physical version to go down in price but it hasn't and then it went out of stock the other week. Then I realised only one store here had been selling it, so I decided to get it now that it's been restocked while I still could. It looks like such a fun game that I don't want to miss out on it.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge It is a pretty good game, especially for a studio's first game. Even on the PS4, it still should feel like you're playing a Pixar movie.

A warning that the boss fights in the game are difficult, probably as tough as the Souls games. As I'm not a Souls fan, I turned the difficulty down when I encountered each boss. It didn't hurt my enjoyment of the game once I decided it was ok to drop the difficulty down.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz I am a Souls fan, and still turned down the difficulty for some boss fights in Kena.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@LtSarge Another fan of Kena here. I have no qualms about lowering the difficulty in any game, so I just started out on easy and had a good time with it. It’s a smidge too easy on that setting, but the game is beautiful and unique so I enjoyed the ride nonetheless. Exploration and discovery are still fun. The story’s a bit disjointed, but overall I highly recommend the game. It was a digital only release for a while and the physical version must be limited quantities. I got it digitally since it was a little cheaper that way, but it’s a good one to have in the library if you’re a disc collector.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

belmont

Ok rant time. Major local retailers have increased PS4 game prices. God of War Ragnarok is 70€ while Callisto Protocol and Crisis Core are both 62€. Seems like something similar has also happened in Switch too. You can search online and find cheaper prices but still it is bizarre. It is not that big of a deal but it came from nowhere.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

LtSarge

@KilloWertz @Th3solution Thanks for the heads-up guys. I think I'll give it a try on normal difficulty and if the boss fights ruin the experience then I'll just dial it down a bit.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@belmont I’ve found some weird inconsistencies with my game shops as well. Sometimes prices go up or down without any reason. When they go down, I try to grab them, because sometimes they go back up. Physical games are becoming scarcer for some of the less popular titles.
Switch game prices have always baffled me. They hold their value for a long time.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@belmont Depending on your country and its culture, I wouldn't be surprised if that's just a traditional bit of "the fortnight before the holidays" pricing kicking in, where retailers know that desperate folks will pay top dollar as they rush around for those last-minute presents. Isn't this period between Black Friday and the January Sales one of the most expensive times of the year or something?

But I think Sol's got a point about stock levels, too. That'll definitely impact the most popular titles, and the three you mention are some of the biggest new names out there right now.

Hopefully they'll go back down soon, or you'll be able to find a bargain in the New Year!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Against my better judgment, I bought Tacoma while it was still on sale for $3. I had it on my wishlist for a while since someone on here mentioned a positive impression from it. And I quite liked Gone Home. I rationalized that despite my backbreaking backlog, adding a 2-3 hour chill game isn’t the worst way I could spend $3. And I figured, why have it on my wishlist in the first place… I seriously doubt it goes any lower than $3, so what am I waiting for? (Alas, free would be nice. Watch, it gets offered next month for PS+ 😅)

oliverp

Just recently picked up a discounted copy of La Noire which is a game that have been on my wish list for a long time

oliverp

colonelkilgore

Just found out that there is a platinum for Assassins Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack, so as I’m slowly chipping away at the mainline series, I thought it’d be rude not to… yoink!

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Well, for a total of just over £30 in the current January sale I just purchased:
Horizon Shift 81; Old Mans Journey; Mother Russia Bleeds; Atomicrops; Demons Tier +; Mosaic; West of Dead; Hoa; Deathrun TV; Transformers Battlegrounds. (Though a couple of these were for PS5)

...Because it's Christmas and my new year resolution not to buy loads of games I haven't got time to play hasn't started yet.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Best of luck with that!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@oliverp Would be real interested in your thoughts regarding L.A. Noire (although no pressure). I really enjoyed the game, and keep meaning to go back and platinum it, but parts of it surprised me, in both good and bad ways, and I've been oddly hesitant to re-invest my time. I hope you enjoy the experience at any rate, now that you've finally got a copy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

oliverp

@RogerRoger. Thanks for the feedback appreciate it much. But to be honest Iam not sure that I will have time to play the game in 2023 . Maybe 2024 if we are still allowed to have consoles then hehe. Now regarding the game itself Iam quite happy about the purchase because its a game I really wanted to have in my library as I very much like some of Rockstars other titles hehe.

oliverp

RogerRoger

@oliverp Well, provided nobody turns off the internet in the next couple years, then I'll patiently look forward to reading your thoughts! Am glad you've secured a copy for your collection, at least!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just been on a wee Final Fantasy splurge… guess 2023’s Final Fantasy frenzy has had an effect on me or something. Picked up Final Fantasy Type 0, Final Fantasy X & X-2 and Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2 (the last 2 on PS3).

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

In addition to my previous post, just visited my local CEX and managed to find a steelbook for Final Fantasy X & X2 on PS4 and a particularly nice steelbook for Final Fantasy XIII part 3: Lightning Returns on PS3.

The peeps behind the counter who are apparently also steelbook collectors seemed very miffed about me buying the latter, as they would've had it themselves if they'd known it was there 😎

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore There's never anything good in my local CEX. Currently half the worldwide supply of "Gotham Knights" and not much else.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 I moved away from Cardiff around 18 months ago and the CEX there sounds much the same as the one close to you… but the one that I have local to my new home was a great surprise tbh. I’ve picked up a load of bargains and difficult-to-get-ahold-off games this last year or so. The missus knows that all she has to do to get me motivated for a trip into the town is to mention what surprises I may find in CEX while she’s pottering abouts.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic