Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 4,206

Th3solution

@Ralizah You have the platinum for P5 Royal, if I’m not mistaken? And I think you’ve played through that at least twice? So do you have a game save from P5 saved so you can just jump back in, or are you planning to play from start to finish once again?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution Yep, I have the Royal platinum. And I played through the original at least once back in 2017, so my hope is that PS+ saves me with a post-game cloud save.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Bentleyma

Been playing the free trial of Battlefield 2042 and decided to buy it. Yeah the PS4 version is inferior to the PS5 version, but it’s still a solid game. Loving the weather effects.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Brockybrock

Yep brought the early access BF2042 and it’s really solid on my 4Pro, so was F1 tbh

As long as GT7 is the same the 5 can wait

Brockybrock

Bentleyma

I bought the XIII remake. I only played it for about 5 minutes before regretting my purchase. It’s awful.

Why even remake it if you’re going to change the look of the game so drastically? The graphics were the one thing that made the game stand out.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Yeah, after hearing some of the horror stories surrounding that remake, and watching some gameplay footage on YouTube, I went and purchased a PC copy of the original.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just ordered the first game of the Black Friday deals, which was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 for €10. Never played a skateboarding game before since they've never interested me but seeing as how these are regarded as classics and have now been remade on PS4 (and it's only €10!) I figured I'd give them a shot. Maybe I'll like them, who knows!

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge That was probably my favourite game of last year, hope you enjoy! There’s just so much replay value, I’m still plugging away at that platinum.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@LtSarge @nessisonett I remember completing THPS2 to 100% with every character back in the day!

What a soundtrack it was to the original game too. I think I have eight albums that have tracks on that game..

Thrillho

Kidfried

I bought A Short Hike. The hype has gotten to me. We'll see if I beat it before the end of the weekend. I just needed something different from Persona 5!

Kidfried

LtSarge

@nessisonett @Thrillho Sounds like it might be a good time then! Looking forward to giving it a go.

So the PlayStation Black Friday deals went live a while ago and I saw that an online retailer had Spider-Man Miles Morales on PS4 for €25. It doesn't seem like the game will get significantly cheaper than that considering the first Spider-Man game is still €20 while most other first-party titles are €10 (even The Last of Us Part II is €10, which is crazy!). So I decided to order it now while I could. It's been years since I played the first Spider-Man so I'm interested to see how I'll find Miles Morales.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge That is a good price. I just saw the PS5 version for £32 in a store... 2nd hand though. It wouldn't cost me any money as I have store credit.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I don't know why Spider-Man is one of the few exceptions that doesn't get discounted to €10 compared to the rest of Sony's first-party titles. But I think it's worth the price seeing as how these are still great games.

So I just made my biggest and most likely last haul of games for Black Friday now. I bought:

• Lost Judgement (PS4)
  • NEO: The World Ends With You (Switch)
  • Tales of Arise (PS4)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (Switch)

For roughly €120 in total, i.e. around €30 for each game, which is pretty good all things considered. But this also means that I basically bought a good chunk of games on my watchlist and now I only have like seven physical games across all systems left that I want to get. That number will obviously change but it's weird seeing it so low as I used to have 30+ games on my watchlist, lol.

Anyway, I'm really happy with these purchases as most of those games are JRPGs that are around 40-50 hours long each. I've been afraid that I wouldn't be able to get Lost Judgment at a decent price since very few stores are selling the game. Tales of Arise and NEO:TWEWY are bonuses since they will most likely get reduced in price even more but I thought I might as well get them now. And finally, I've been wanting to get Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory for a while as I've played through almost all games in the series except for the third one and so I'd love to listen to past tracks and reminisce before tackling the third game.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Melody of Memory contains massive spoilers for KH3. Be very very careful about playing that game beforehand.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Appreciate the warning! I did read about the game's story mode a bit, isn't it a retelling of all the games? So wouldn't I just be able to play all the way until the KH3 part and then stop?

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge No, there’s cutscenes peppered through the story mode that take place after KH3 and spoil major plot points.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Well that sucks. I assume there's a free mode where you can play any of the songs without any of the story, right? I would like to at least play the game a little bit before I tackle KH3.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge There’s a free mode but IIRC, you have to clear the song in story mode to unlock the free mode version. I enjoyed my time with the game but yeah, it’s very much a sequel to KH3. Bizarrely I’d say there was too much plot for a rhythm game than it barely being related.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Alright, it sounds to me like I'd be better off holding off on playing the game until I'm done with KH3. Speaking of which, do you know if the Remind DLC for KH3 is worth playing for the story? Like do I need to experience it before playing Melody of Memory or just to keep up with the series' overall story in general? Or can I just skip it?

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I couldn’t tell you about Remind, I’ve been waiting for it to hit a sensible price since it came out 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic