Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 4,206

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- I will admit that, despite all of the wider criticisms, I do have Avengers on my "see if it's a tenner during Black Friday, then maybe" watchlist. I just reckon that Squeenix will want a home run from Guardians before they greenlight anything else, otherwise they'll just walk away from the licence and leave things up to Insomniac. They are running a business, after all.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

Got Pumpkin Jack on the Halloween Sale. It gets a free PS5 upgrade next week. Gonna play it on Halloween, I guess

Voltan

colonelkilgore

Had a little spurge in the Halloween sale… picked up Fe, Pumpkin Jack, Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Blasphemous

… and I picked up Hellpoint and Sundered from the other sale.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Just ordered Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition for €17. Saw that it received a steep discount and decided to finally buy it since it contains almost all DLC and all the patches on disc.

I've been interested in this game for a while now due to its realistic Medieval setting and it seems like it could be a pretty unique experience. Not to mention that I finished A Plague Tale a couple of months ago and I've been on the lookout for more historical games with Medieval settings and this one seems like a perfect candidate. Looking forward to giving it a go!

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Definitely drop some impressions when you get around to it. I had KCD on the radar for a while waiting for a price drop and then have slowly forgot about it. Supposedly it’s pretty difficult and unforgiving, but I like the look of some the ideas like the life sim aspects. I like a good Medieval setting also so that appeals to me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Will do! Yeah, I've read that the game can be rather slow-paced with a lot of talking, but I've also seen the game compared to Witcher 3 in terms of the balance between talking and combat. At €17 I think it's worth a try though.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just ordered NieR: Replicant for €33. This was one of the games from earlier this Spring that I wanted to buy on day one but I just didn't have time to play it. Now that it's on sale though I decided to finally get it. I loved NieR: Automata and while I don't think Replicant will be anywhere near as good as Automata, it should still be a great NieR experience. Looking forward to playing it!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

sorteddan

@LtSarge
Cool. Keep us updated with your thoughts on it. Like you, I loved automata but was personally put off buying replicant as I didn't want it to tarnish my memories of the series by not living up to its predecessor.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LtSarge

@Sorteddan Yeah that's totally understandable. However, I think if you want more NieR, then Replicant is probably the next best thing. Playing the original version will most likely tarnish the series for you. But from what I've heard, the remake has basically "re-imagined" the gameplay and story to make it more appealing for Automata fans. But yeah, I'll absolutely share my thoughts when I've played through the game.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Great minds think alike and all that… 😄 I also recently bought Nier Replicant when I saw it for $35, having been looking out for it since some recent talk here on the forums about Nier Automata rekindled my interest in the IP. I don’t know when I’ll get around to it and I probably shouldn’t have bought it just yet, but the sale coupled with also having a little store credit made the price quite tempting. I also was able to finally get The Last of Us 2 for $27. Again, price-wise it seemed at a low point so to be able to get physical copies of both games for so cheap made it worth pulling the trigger.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution The thing is that I would typically never buy PS4 games at more than €20 because most games receive such steep discounts over time that it's better to just wait. However, as we're nearing the end of PS4's life cycle, games that are released during this time tend to not be as well-stocked at retailers or tend to keep a high price as they get sold out and are never restocked. For example, I've been following the PS4 version of Lost Judgment and very few stores have it in stock and the price is still very high at €60. Granted, the game just came out but usually there are one or two stores that have the game for like €10 cheaper, but there's no such thing now.

In other words, I'm more cautious about price changes for PS4 games that have been recently released, such as NieR Replicant. So that's why I've been buying games like it, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and also The Last of Us Part II for around €30 each. You never know when these games will be out of stock as a lot of people move on to the next generation of systems and therefore don't demand PS4 titles as much. So yeah, I definitely think it's a good idea to buy new PS4 releases at a bit higher price than normally.

On a side note, I was actually very close to buying Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut at €40 but I didn't as that's still a bit too high for me and I figured that game might be popular enough to still be restocked at stores for some time to come. So hopefully it will get to around €30 soon, maybe during Black Friday.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Yeah, you’re right. The first party games do tend to stay in stock better, and the games that sell well will have more of a second hand market available, so price drops more quickly. But a game like Nier Replicant will hold its value for longer due to the fewer copies out there. So I had the same logic as you. Not only is there less restocking at the end of a generation, but also with each passing year there’s more that adopt digital libraries and so physical media is harder and harder to find. Getting both games physically is a win for me. First off, if I like the game then it becomes part of my collection to display. Secondly, I can resell later and get anywhere from $5-20 back on the investment, thus making the end cost even less.

sorteddan

Perusing the current sales I noticed Butcher is going for £1.59 and the Butcher special edition is £1.49 meaning that the soundtrack is currently -10p. I think.
I don't imagine I would want to listen to the official soundtrack but will probably pick up that version anyways.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge @Th3solution I've noticed 2nd hand prices of some PS4 versions are more expensive than the PS5 versions here in the UK. Must mean either more people are keeping hold of the PS4 copies or the PS5 versions have been more popular.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder yeah, I’m seeing that phenomenon sometimes too. And often there’s just flat no PS4 version of the game to be found. For Hades, I found consistent stock of the PS5 disc at my local retailers, but never see the PS4 discs out there. And I think some of the cross-gen games don’t even come on PS4 disc — I haven’t found The Pathless on PS4, but I was able to grab a PS5 disc on the cheap. I’m guessing Kena will also only have a PS5 disc when the physical release comes out.

Edit: I actually found pre-orders for Kena disc on PS4, so I stand corrected. Not sure why The Pathless wasn’t sold physically on PS4, but maybe because it’s just a smaller title.

Edited on by Th3solution

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder I definitely think it's the latter as this is typically the case with most cross-gen games. For example, I don't know anyone who has the PS3 version of Persona 5 but obviously a lot of people have it on PS4. Although I think this is mostly the case with lesser known titles. I doubt that games such as Far Cry 6 will be that much different in second-hand pricing between versions.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Bentleyma

I decided to buy Call of Duty: Vanguard after being on the fence about it. Glad I did because I’m having a good time with both the campaign and multiplayer.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

crimsontadpoles

Bloodshore. It's an FMV game about a bunch of influences, streamers, and Z-list celebrities taking part in a televised death game.

It's FMV, so it's live action with the usual amount of over the top acting. Most of the characters are fairly obnoxious at first, but they'll either develop over time or get killed off. The gameplay consists purely of making various choices along the way, which will affect how the story unfolds.

It's quite fun if you're into FMV games and don't take it too seriously. I've reached one ending, but would like to play it at least once more whilst choosing the choices I didn't pick the first time around.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

R1spam

@crimsontadpoles glad your enjoying it, I watched a playthrough of it by the nextlander and giantbomb folks for extra life on Friday. Looks to have super camp acting and be hilarious!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Ralizah

So, after I originally beat P5, I sold off my copy when it was revealed a new version of the game was coming out. But I never platinumed it, so I just recently acquired a cheap second-hand copy for exactly that purpose.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic