Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 4,206

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yes, I have, but it's temporary. Without question, Ghost of Tsushima is achingly beautiful and utterly engrossing, with a compelling protagonist, masterful combat and world that feels truly alive. It's just that it's also a little serious and bloody, and overwhelming in size (particularly with its new DLC added in) and I've needed lighter, more comforting kinda stuff from my entertainment in recent weeks. That, and its Photo Mode was temporarily broken by a patch, and I got grumpy!

Thanks for asking but honestly, I can't wait to be able to return to it. I'm really keen to see how the story pans out, and to explore more of that gorgeous map with Jin and Kage. Once I've tidied up a few smaller games and my headspace levels out, it'll be my focus again, for sure.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger If I could offer a friendly FYI…Though it does nothing for the overall tone (or cutscenes for that matter), it may be worth mentioning that there is a slider in GoT to turn off blood. It may be enough to take the edge off of the moment to moment violence if that specifically is upsetting.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer Thank you, that's real kind of you to mention! Honestly, aside from making a few potential screencaps a bit too juicy for my taste, the in-game blood didn't bother me when I was in the right headspace for it, and it certainly adds to the overall tone and story themes, at least thusfar. If I find myself getting dragged down by it, though, I'll remember that it's there. Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

With thanks to the earlier endorsements of @Gremio108 and @Sorteddan I just got Donut County, and will start it once I'm back towards the end of the week.

I also got... [sigh]... Shenmue III. It was four quid. That's my defence and I'm sticking to it.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Enjoy Donut County, although I'm far more excited about you getting Shenmue III. I loved it, but a lot of people didn't. And as you've just shown, the price has plummeted very quickly.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

LtSarge

Just bought The Evil Within season pass. I was hoping to get it during the eventual Halloween sale on the PS Store but I just want to experience the DLC now so that I can put the game away afterwards and play something else on my PS4, such as Team Sonic Racing. Also, it was only €10 and the DLCs are 6-7 hours of content in total so I think it's still worth it at that price.

LtSarge

Voltan

@RogerRoger Donut County sounds like a great mobile game so I checked and it’s €5 on iOS. Kinda hoped it would be on Apple Arcade, not gonna lie

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Excited is one word for it...! Yeah, even for a sale price, I thought four quid was pretty low. It'll cost me more for its DLC, should I choose to add it in later (he says, surrendering to the inevitable because, despite what Shenmue II did to me, here I am).

@Voltan I mentioned Donut County to a friend and she thought it sounded great for Switch, so she checked the Nintendo eShop and it's apparently £10.99 on there. So many prices!

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I think you were playing Shenmue II at a time when I was pretty snowed under with work, so I missed most of your misery. I'll have to go back and have a read through so I'm up to date...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 If you don't wanna trawl through my extended ramblings, just know that it was only misery for half the time. The other half, I had a blast. It was such a contradictory mess, one which I've thought about a lot since and I still don't know whether it was a good game or not.

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Why isn't there always this condensed version of your "extended ramblings"?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz They're an exclusive perk for RogerRoger+ subscribers. Pay up, pal.

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger The check is in the mail... to an address I don't know...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz My gratitude towards your remarkable gesture of generous patronage is, whilst not quite immeasurable, assuredly significant in quantity. I shall endeavour to reduce the verbosity of subsequent written responses to any and all of your conversational input upon this electronic discussion forum...

...once the money clears.

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I just got paid, so I got all my upcoming purchases paid off. I have Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes pre-ordered.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- I really hope Guardians of the Galaxy is a fan-pleaser. I won't be playing it myself, but I'd love to see more Marvel games in future, so it needs to be more Spider-Man than Avengers.

Making It So Since 1987

DamienSkullduck

Just started playing Hot Wheels Unleashed with my 6 yr old boy. For a racing game and a bit of fun it's quite entertaining. The attention to detail is amazing, not just on the cars but the levels - props, the tracks, furniture look quite realistic for a game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

My only problem is that it takes the same monetisation gimmicks as other games these days, which I won't be taking advantage of. I find games more rewarding if they're completed without any buying of faster cars etc. Then having that sense of achievement at the end. Having said that I doubt we will get close to acquiring every car in the game... :/

DamienSkullduck

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger The trailers look promising and it’s been compared to Mass Effect, so I’m expecting to like it. I enjoyed the single player side of The Avengers, so I’m easy to please.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

R1spam

@DamienSkullduck how has your 6 yr old found playing? Ive though about getting it for my 7 yr old girl for Christmas as she loves mario kart but she uses motion controls for steering. I wondered if the accessibility options for kids were good?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic