Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 4,206

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall you posting about Gravity Rush 2 and your desire to play it before they pulled its online plug. It's unfortunate that you felt pressured into playing it before you were ready to. Such a large and time-consuming game can't have helped if you were already heading towards a bit of a break from gaming in general, either. I think knowing when to play certain games is half the battle nowadays, what with our backlogs containing such an embarrassment of riches. It's why the original Gravity Rush has sat in my "must replay" list for so long, because I know I'll like it, but I also know that it's the kinda game where I could get easily distracted along the way.

Thanks for doing the research on the camera for me there, that's real kind of you! It sounds like an interesting take on the whole Photo Mode thing (and yeah, I think you're right about Assassin's Creed Origins, as I've heard from others that it has a similar shot-sharing feature). Shame that Gravity Rush 2 had its online component deactivated so quickly, because I assume that means you'll no longer be able to see the shots of others dotted about the map.

Some other games have come along and done similar since; not necessarily to encourage community tactics, but just as an alternative to a full-blown Photo Mode. Most recently, Hitman III equipped Agent 47 with a digital camera, mainly because a client required "proof of termination" in one level and elsewhere, it became a handy way of hacking electronic environmental components. But it also answered fans who'd been asking for a Photo Mode for years. It doesn't let you take freeze-frames of 47 leaping away from explosions or anything, but it does allow for some nice tourist snaps.

Untitled

Untitled

I played the original Gravity Rush on PS Vita before I got the Photo Mode bug, but it was always in the back of my mind as a game that I wished I could've taken screencaps in. Maybe its PS4 remaster might not be such a bad idea after all, even if it means neglecting my Vita.

And yeah, I think "cagamosis" is a new one on me, too! Wonders never cease with language. There's so much of it we never use, or wouldn't even think to use. Nice find!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yes, and to be clear — if/when you end up making it to GR Remastered and want to carry on with GR2, don’t worry about missing out on the online component; if you didn’t know the game previously had it then you’d never miss it. The standard single player off-line experience is definitely a full fledged game in and of itself. And I don’t think that there were any trophies that depended on the online portions.

Some nice Hitman III shots there! Agent 47 is a Renaissance Man indeed which his artistic side. 😄
And somehow I forgot the most notable game with the playable character having a camera to take in game photos — Marvel’s Spider-Man. It’s part of the core storyline for Peter Parker to be able to take photos, so that was a logical inclusion.
Not sure if you ever played Beyond Good and Evil but it was an early game where the protagonist was a photographer, if my understanding is correct. I never played it, but always intended to, given its cult classic status.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Ah, that's good to know, cheers. Even if there were online-specific trophies, it wouldn't bother me too much, providing the core experience wasn't impacted in any way. I spend enough time deactivating forced online integration in single player sandbox games (yes, I'm glaring at you, Just Cause) so I might've ended up sidestepping those features anyway, if it were still a thing.

I mean, 47 has been a convincing [insert literally every other profession here] at one point or another, so why not an amateur landscape photographer...?!

Don't worry, I forgot the camera in Spider-Man as well, simply because (outside of the landmark triangulation side mission) it was entirely superseded by the game's stunning Photo Mode. And of course, there were those M.J. stealth sections where you had to photograph all sorts of stuff, from artwork to an armoury. Those reminded me of Beyond Good and Evil, absolutely! Which I've seen parts of, but never played for myself. I wonder if its oft-delayed sequel will finally emerge this generation?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I seem to recall a big deal being made about Beyond Good and Evil 2 a couple years ago at E3 and there was even some kind of major celebrity appearance, but I forget who. And then it’s been nothing but silence since then.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

I just grabbed Oxenfree. My brother recommended it to me and I’ve heard good things about it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Th3solution

@Bentleyma- yes, Oxenfree is a good one. Nice choice. A nice change of pace indie game. Great voice acting. Interesting premise. I’ve kept in on my console for a few years now, thinking I need to go back for the platinum.

Bentleyma

@Th3solution I don’t know a lot about it, but I’ve been advised to play it with headphones for a good experience. I’m looking forward to getting home, headphones on, curtains closed and lights off.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Gaia093

The latest one was Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, which I already completed and it was fantastic.

Next purchase should be Resident Evil 2 Remake. I'm playing Ghostrunner via PS Now for the time being, though.

Gaia093

Bentleyma

Just pre-ordered Diablo II: Resurrected. I was planning to buy it in September, but I really want to play the beta this weekend, seeing as I have most of the weekend off, which is rare for me.

Bentleyma

colonelkilgore

Just bought a dynamic Bloodborne theme... pretty sweet.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (4 is it... it has a guy with mutton-chops joining up to his moustaches on the cover). I've never played a CoD... but in the interest of inclusion and diversity I thought why not. I've heard very good things about this one too.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore At first I thought you meant the original Modern Warfare, but I think you're talking about the recent Modern Warfare since you're describing Captain Price and he's on the cover of the recent MW game. Either way, I've also been playing the CoD campaigns (specifically the Modern Warfare trilogy on PS3/360) and these games are just so good. If there's one thing that's underrated about the CoD series, it's the campaigns. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as well, even though I haven't played that game yet.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge yeah it's a little confusing (to a series-noob anyway) as I'm sure it isn't the first Modern Warfare and I'm sure that there's been a few of them tbh... but while I'm pretty confident that this is the latest one... it isn't numbered.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@LtSarge
You think so? I always avoided CoD due to multiplayer which I have no interest in but a friend of mine who gets all of them had told me I would probably enjoy the single player campaigns too. I think I have most of them from ps plus, so which would you say are best/most accessible single player game.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LtSarge

@Sorteddan Yeah I have no interest in CoD multiplayer either but the campaigns are absolutely stellar! I'd honestly say that the original Modern Warfare trilogy is the best starting point just because it's one interconnected story and the campaigns are just spectacular. Not to mention that the original Modern Warfare (i.e. Call of Duty 4) was the first game that standardised the formula of the franchise and just military shooters in general. So I don't think any game after that will feel vastly different, but Call of Duty 3 and older are definitely going to feel dated (especially since they don't have health regeneration if I recall correctly).

Call of Duty Ghosts is another good one but the plot isn't as good as the Modern Warfare titles. So yeah, definitely start with the first Modern Warfare!

LtSarge

sorteddan

@LtSarge
Thanks. Good to know. May have to add one to my never ending backlog when I get in the mood for more shooty stuff (though am currently finishing Bioshock Remastered - collectables run and have been putting off Wolfenstein New Order and Prey for too long so not especially short of FPS options)

And just because it amused me: autocorrect just wanted to change Bioshock to Bolshevik.
Bolshevik remastered could have possibilities...

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan @LtSarge @colonelkilgore The first Modern Warfare game was so good! There is a level called 'All Ghillied Up' which was a highlight for me. Think the remastered version was with PS Plus a couple of years ago.

I've not played many of the others as everyone I knew was playing Battlefield MP, so went with that series. The couple of CoD games I have tried since have failed to hold my interest for some reason unfortunately.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I never played Modern Warfare but MW2 was great and I really enjoyed the local co-op missions you could do; I remember spending hours trying to 3* one with my housemate where one of you is in a heli while the other is at street level.

I really enjoyed World at War too and liked that it was based in the Pacific and Eastern front rather than the same old Western front stories.

I think I played a couple of the Black Ops games which were a little more out there but had some fun levels too.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I think I remember that mission from watching a friend play some on PS3. Its the Ghillie-suit sniper mission right... yeah was very impressed by that when I watched it.

I might have to pick up the remaster of the original too then.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Streets of Rage 4, looks like they reduced it today until September… yoink!

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic