Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,206

Bentleyma

Just picked up The Forgotten City. Been looking forward to it since I first heard of it last month. The game is a remake of a Skyrim mod and I’m up for anything Skyrim related!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

GoodGame

I've just got 'Death Stranding' physical copy on PS4 for £16.85, and 'Song Of Horror' physical copy on PS4 for £27.85.
Enjoying them both

Edited on by GoodGame

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

nessisonett

@Bentleyma- Definitely let me know how you get on with it, I played the original mod way back when and I’m curious to hear if it’s any good!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

@nessisonett I’m enjoying it so far. The Roman setting is definitely more interesting than the mod from what I’ve seen of it. Unfortunately I never played the mod, so I can’t compare how it differs, other than setting. I’m assuming if you enjoyed playing it in Skyrim, you’ll like the remake. I’m impressed with the quality of the game considering it was developed by a team of 3 people.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Bastion, Transistor and Pyre... been waiting for them to hit the sale for a few months, the wait was worth it.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Me too! - great minds think alike and all that.
Gonna pick up Bastion & Transistor. Think those prices too good to turn down. Not really sold on Pyre though. Maybe will grab Gorogoa as well for combined price around a tenner.

...and then have even more on my list if stuff I don't get time to get around to, it's a good time to be a gamer!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan hmm, haven’t heard of Gorogoa, will have to check it out… what with us both being great minds and all 😉.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Well mostly positive reviews for it but probably less of a game than one of those interesting arty indie things which I sometimes go for as a change of pace and different experience.
...and it is cheap at the moment.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

R1spam

@colonelkilgore @sorteddan I played gorogoa on android and its a cracking little puzzle experience! The hand drawn art style is stunning and I really enjoyed the puzzles. Bet you it looks great on full size tv. Annapurna really publish some awesome stuff. EnjoyBastion @colonelkilgore, if I ever wanted anyone to narrate my life, it would be that games narrator!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

colonelkilgore

@R1spam I’ll tag you once I’ve played it… gonna play them in release order so Bastion will be first 👍

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@purplemouse appreciate the corroboration. You’re the ‘straw that broke the camels back’ if you will… I won’t even bother looking it up now, more than enough positive input. I’ll just pick it up. 👍

**** DLC!

jdv95

gravity rush remastered.
at 9 euro's it was hard to pass it up.

jdv95

RogerRoger

@jdv95 I saw that discounted and, despite having the PS Vita original, was sorely tempted. I've never played the sequel, either, but would wanna play the original again before doing so, as a refresher. I just reckon I love my Vita too much to cheat on it with a fancy PS4 port!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Gravity Rush 2… now there’s a game I regret never finishing. I got my money and time’s worth out of it, but didn’t quite get to the ending. If you decide to play it after replaying the first game then let me know. I might be tempted to resurrect it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, the original has been on my "must replay" list for a while. I think I got all of its DLC an' everything, and remember really enjoying it and seeing it all through. I just squeezed it in between two or three other PS Vita games and, as such, my recollection has faded slightly.

Interesting that you couldn't finish the sequel. Did you just fall off your playthrough because of external factors, or was there a tricky challenge which blocked your path? No judgement either way!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Ya know, I’m not sure why I fell off actually. I think it was mostly external factors. I did start it earlier than planned because of Sony’s announcement to quickly pull support for the game’s online features (still a very disappointing turn of events for a game that was barely a year old at the time). I remember I jumped in quickly so as to do the online treasure hunts and such. So maybe I wasn’t mentally prepared for the long haul. The game is pretty large — much bigger than the first one. It’s not particularly difficult, but the open sandbox-ey format makes for a pretty large time sink. Especially when there were the online hunts and picture taking quests that the title originally had to side-track attention away from the story missions. I think I got distracted by other games too, as well as a short period of time that I fell away from gaming all together for a month or two.

I had forgotten until just now that the game has a picture taking mechanic. The online community was able to share photos with one another, and if I recall correctly one could share photos as a sort of hint system to find hidden items, as well as just to show interesting or cool captures on the map and receive accolades from other players who looked at your photos. (I think I’ve seen the screencap share feature done in other games too… like maybe Assassins Creed Origins comes to mind, but not the treasure hunting). Anyways, I remark about the picture taking aspect because I think there still exists an in-game camera mechanic which you might find fun to utilize, being the seasoned screen shot taker that your are 😄. If I remember correctly, it’s not a true photo mode but rather a camera that Kat has for purpose of her taking pictures, so you won’t be given the opportunity to be consumed by all those picture manipulation aspects. And I believe picture taking is integrated as part of some of the missions and quests iirc. It’s been a few years so my memory is fuzzy about it all though. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@RogerRoger As a follow up to the above post, I did a little search to make sure I wasn’t misremembering the whole camera thing. Thankfully, it seems I haven’t completely lost my mind (yet).

Here’s an interesting article:
https://goombastomp.com/gravity-rush-2-photographer/

The salient quote from it is here, for your convenience:

“Gravity Rush 2, however, is a uniquely different case. The game’s “camera mode”, launched via a simple button press within the game itself, serves as an extension to the protagonist character (Kat) in a way that, in my experience, I haven’t found other games successfully accomplish.

A camera item is, of course, nothing new when it comes to games, but its implementation here is something new. What makes using the camera in Gravity Rush 2 exceptionally enticing for someone like me is that it provides the opportunity to take photos from perspectives I can’t in real life, owing to Kat’s topsy-turvy gravity shifting powers.

The combination of this seamless integration and physical freedom not only makes taking photos in-game an actual fun part of the game, but the oxymoronic versatility brought on by the camera’s simplicity also helped me take photographs that could visually look like something I would have snapped in the real world, during my initial playthrough of the game.

I am not touting that these are the best photos I could take or represent how I want others to view what I make personally. What I am touting is that, by making a camera a simple extension of a playable character within the game itself, Gravity Rush 2 made it very natural for me to use a camera whenever I felt like it.

In many ways, the game gave me the opportunity to take photos like I do in real life, as an extension of myself, and not as an external task.

A cellphone, with its many in-built distractions, presents me with a cagamosis which tends to take me away from what I actually want to capture. I generally find there to be a disconnect and, while also understanding others may or may not share this issue, there’s comfort in knowing that Gravity Rush 2 was able to nail this element so well, while also creating an immensely enjoyable game.”

—————

Edit: so I learned a new word. It’s not even in my standard dictionary app. But best I can tell:
Cagamosis = an unhappy marriage.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic