Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 4,199

Th3solution

No, no, no... everybody knows MGS rankings from best to least go: 5, 3, 4, 1, 2

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

MGS 1 & 3 for joint first then 2, Peace Walker (I guess), 4 then V waaaaaaaaaay at the bottom of the barrel that you can barely notice it's even there

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Hey, I've been called worse.

I'm just waiting for somebody to come in and list MGS6, and we all just freeze.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Get out.

@TraCuz- No pressure, but it's gonna be interesting to see who you end up agreeing with!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

bluedex

Haven't played RE since RE3 on the PS1... so I got 4 and will then skip to 7, then back to the 2 remake at some stage in the distant future. I remember loving the original RE2.

bluedex

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore I just bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for a little over £12, that's a £37.50 markdown of the original price, available until tomorrow, so I was just in the nick of time. Looking forward to moving onto it after I beat "Dude Raider" 4

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

MaulTsir

@TheBrandedSwordsman I got it myself 2 weeks ago it was on sale on the ps store for £2.39, I had to buy it at that price it meant I had them all thanks to the other 2 being on ps plus.

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I've actually only played the original Tomb Raider (of this most recent trilogy anyway) and really enjoyed it. I've heard the second one (The Rise of...) is particularly good and plan on playing both that and your recent purchase at some point. Let me know how you find it, as it might nudge it up the schedule a little.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman It will be great to hear how it goes for you. One of the really cool things about Shadow of the TR is the customizable difficulty. When you start it up, you get to individualize difficulty on each aspect of the game — puzzles, exploration, and combat. I’ve never seen another game do this, and it’s an interesting approach. So if you want the exploration to be easy (lots of white paint in the ledges to guide you, easier grip when you jump to a ledge, etc) but want combat to be hard (enemies have more health and Lara’s health doesn’t regenerate, etc) then you can do that. Or vice versa. Or if you want lots of hints with the puzzle rooms you can dial down the puzzle difficulty but still keep combat hard, etc. It’s a fabulous system.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Thanks, I've started playing it already, got the obligatory 'Path of the Stars' trophy. What game(s) are you playing yourself at the moment?

N.B I may need to restart and adjust the various difficulties, but I've selected a reasonable overall difficulty thus far, and should like to see where that takes me before any resetting comes into play.

N.B 2 - Are you sure I couldn't ever tempt you to take up the Dark Souls games? If you've platinumed God of War then they really won't be as hard as you think they are.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I actually haven’t had game time since finishing Uncharted 1. I think I’ve decided to not binge the UC series, so I’m holding off in UC2 for now and will play something else in between. I have Persona 5 in the background but I’ll probably start a shorter adventure. I’m leaning toward The Outer Worlds, but I won’t decide until I actually sit down and choose.

And I definitely have considered another foray into the Dark Souls Universe. I bounced off of the first game years ago. I actually own the 3rd game (even the Fire Fades Ed.) because I bought it on sale many moons ago. It’s been on my short list to play at some point. I like the fact that most people say it’s the closest to Bloodborne, gameplay-wise, which I really enjoyed. We’ll see.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I agree with what other people say about it being close to Bloodborne, but it's either slightly easier of harder depending on your personal playstyle, it's definitely easier than Dark Souls 1, so yeah, give it a go, I don't think you'll have to 'git gud' with your Bloodborne experience, but you will certainly have to 'prepare to die'. 😜.

N.B Tag me if you do play The Fire Fades ed. of DS3.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution @TheBrandedSwordsman

Don't know about the difficulty of the base games themselves, I kinda find the difficulty of all 3 Dark Souls to be quite equitable... BUT the Ringed City dlc (which you'll obviously have included in the Fires Fade edition) is tough. Imho the toughest part of any of the 'Soulsbornes'... and brilliant to boot. Only the Old Hunters dlc from Bloodborne compares really.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @TheBrandedSwordsman I’m kind of nervous to try DS3, because I know there’s a bit of work before it gets satisfying. Is there a section early on like in Bloodborne that I can play the same group of enemies over and over to level up? Does it have the mechanic like Bloodborne where you can’t spend echoes to upgrade until you wake up the doll by meeting the first boss?

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution can’t really think of a decent early game farming spot, you could just treat the High Wall of Lothian like Central Yarnham I suppose, don’t think it would be such a quick souls/echoes grind though. The one consolation is that you don’t have to face the first boss before you can start levelling (well ‘technically’ you don’t have to do that in Bloodborne either if you locate and use Madman’s Knowledge but anywho...).

Basically, I think you’d surprise yourself Sol (yes I saw the chitchat on abbreviated names 😉), when the mood strikes you (I think that can be a big boost when taking on a Souls game without too much experience) just go in with realistic expectations and treat it like a game of inches. There’s no rush, enjoy the level-design and aesthetic while chipping away at it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah in the High wall of Lothric you can't really grind so easily as my good friend @colonelkilgore has said, but you face a powerful boss fairly early on who is a real test of your mettle, if you can defeat him you should be able to level up about 3 or 4 times early on, with the souls you get for defeating him, and you can just put all your points into Strength or Vigor/Vitality or if you want or evenly distribute them you can do that as well. Or you might have enough souls to buy one 'Ember' from the Shrine handmaid, next stop after defeating the first boss is Firelink Shrine these allow you to summon help against bosses, functioning in the same way as 'Humanity' from Dark Souls 1, in Dark Souls 3, then, even if you under-leveled, you could just summon help to take on the next boss, even though I wouldn't recommend this as he isn't particularly hard to defeat.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic