Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 4,206

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore No problem man, that same page got me about a week ago with a video titled The Last of Us: Homecoming DLC

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

Persona 5 Royal and Nioh 2 have been my jams lately! These two games alone are all I need to hold me over till April-June, when Returnal, RE: Village, ME: Legendary Edition, and Ratchet and Clank comes out.

Stay blessed fellow gamers

Currently Playing:

bluedex

Bought RE7 yesterday in the sale...but probably won't get to play it for months..

bluedex

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Spider-man and Control are new versions for the ps5, hence why they have new trophy lists. God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone only received a update patch to increase the frame rate and resolution whilst playing the ps4 version on a ps5, so no new trophy lists. That is my understanding of it anyway!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah sounds a logical take. I just got ‘hopeful’ that I’d be plat’ing God of War all over again after one of the previous comments.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just ordered The Evil Within 1 & 2 for under £30. Have heard mixed things about the games but I have noticed as time has dragged on the positive comments seem far more common. I’m taking on quite a few platinums that are rated as being very difficult to obtain in the next year or so, these will be added to that particular list.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@Zuljaras @Arugula I dunno, I played it recently and thought it had aged really well on PC. The controls are a bit silly but horror games work better with dodgy controls as they ramp up the tension. Plus using a mouse and keyboard seemed to work a little better than a controller.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Zuljaras

@Arugula Oh yes I am enjoying it. I just started to complete Resident Evil games as I played them in the distant past. Finished 1 HD Remaster, 2 Remake, RE VII and now playing RE 4.

@nessisonett You are so right! This is one of the reasons RE 1 was so thrilling for me. The controls are working beautifully with the camera etc. which adds to the atmosphere. As for RE 4 I will get use to it as it is a mashup of tank controls but with weirdly adjustable camera

Zuljaras

@Arugula I will probably play it last as I am not a big fan on the manage 2 characters feature Also they are not that likable. Otherwise it looks exactly like RE1 HD which is a big plus.

Th3solution

@Zuljaras I’m with you but I’m going to play them in order, I think. I’ve recently finished REmake 1 and REmake 2, next up REmake 3, then RE4.... and I’ll try 5 & 6 probably just for grins, knowing that I’ll likely bounce off them since most people say they’re trash. Or I might just jump straight from RE4 to RE7, but something about doing that feels wrong to my obsessive-compulsive brain.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I feel like it’s surely a given that we’ll get round to Resi 3 with Game Club since we’ve played the first two already. I just don’t want to do them too close together!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution RE7 is a reboot for the series, so you wouldn't lose much by skipping the previous games. 5 and 6 are more action orientated than the other games which is one of the reasons why they are frowned upon.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

TraCuz-

Pretty soon I'm gonna get a PS Now subscription so I can play Metal Gear Solid 2-4 and Gravity Rush 2 for the first times. Any of you veterans of these series got any input?

Currently Playing:

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- wouldn’t call myself a veteran but am playing through the Metal Gear Solid games atm. I started them in a funky order though... started with 5 and then Peace Walker as I wanted to make sure I got the ones that had online trophies done first to prevent the Platinums from being locked out through online player inactivity or server closures etc.

MGS5 is one of the best games I’ve ever played... in my all time top 3 anyway. I really enjoyed Peace Walker too but it took a while to get past the sheer age of the game... I did though and now think of it fondly. I’ll be playing 3 next at the start of April and then the original MGS (available on the PS3 store) and MGS2 in July, 4 in October & November and Rising in December.

I have Survive too but doubt I’ll ever end up actually playing it.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore I also played MSG5 (not too much Phantom Pain, but a good chunk of Ground Zeros). I really enjoy the gameplay of MSG5 but I couldn't get into how grindy Phantom Pain felt with like the R&D facility and how you have to wait real time for things to develop. Just didn't click with me, but I definitely appreciate the depth there and acknowledge its greatness, just wasn't for me. Really looking forward to sinking my teeth into 2-4's stories.

Currently Playing:

RogerRoger

@TraCuz- If you've only played MGSV before, then you're gonna find its predecessors to be wildly different animals. Kojima really reinvented the wheel by making open-world stealth games. Rest assured that Snake's roots are far more linear, and are therefore devoid of the R&D grind you disliked. They're playable movies laden with addictive, tense gameplay. I think you're gonna love 'em.

MGS4 is my personal favourite, closely followed by MGS2 and then MGS3, but everybody ranks them differently. Even the worst Metal Gear game is a guaranteed good time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Having MGS2 over 3? Heathen!

I have no opinion on MGS4 as it’s been so long since I’ve played it and I never found it as memorable as 1-3 (having played each of them many many times) and only remember the main plot points at the end of the game and the fact I’ve watched TV series that have been shorter than the ending cutscenes for 4.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@RogerRoger @Thrillho Everyone I know has different rankings!

I’d probably go for the original MGS top, then 2 and 3 joint second, with a huge gap then 4 and 5. I really should get round to Peace Walker.

JohnnyShoulder

I've only played MGS 1, 2 and 5, but the first game is so far ahead it is not even a contest.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic