Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 4,206

Kidfried

@nessisonett Rogue is the one I never played. I wonder if that one is any good.

Not that I would have time to play it, as I am still in the opening hours of Odyssey, and Valhalla is almost releasing.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Cloud_strife56

I guess my next ps4 purchase will be planet coaster console edition for Christmas Iā€™ve always wanted the game but I donā€™t have a pc so this is a must buy for me

itā€™s easy mkay

Black_Swordsman

I just got Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

billyredbeard

Just bought Ghostrunner, wanted to get into more than just big triple A games so decided to dive in

billyredbeard

PSN: notfairtoflair1

Bentleyma

I picked up Little Hope. Seems pretty good so far. I was a bit hesitant because Man of Medan ran poorly on my PS4 Slim, but so far it seems to run quite well.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

sentiententity

Got Snake Pass, Knight's Quest, and Tumbleweed Park in this recent indie sale. So far, i like them all quite a bit. Man the ps4 is a gift that keeps on giving.

sentiententity

Bentleyma

I bought Grey Skies: A War of the Worlds Story. Not gonna lie, it's pretty bad.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

MIjinamo

I bought FIFA 21 and Bloodborne a few days ago.

Well, Bloodborne is an action-RPG adventure, a spiritual successor to Hidetaka Miyazakiā€˜s Dark Souls series. It's not technically a horror game, but it is uniquely terrifying!! As for FIFA 21, Agile dribbling is so good, Ultimate team is cool and career mode is sick, it's worth buying!

I've been playing games for 6 years. I have recently started college. In my spare time, I like to play games like WoW Classic and FIFA 21 but I hate farm game currency myself. If you also like these games, well, we'll be good friends!

RogerRoger

Whilst rushing to grab the Katamari remaster, I also purchased Undertale after watching its opening hour played through on YouTube. It's the polar opposite of my usual fare, but that means I'll probably end up loving it, as I'm long-overdue a proper break from Sonic and Star Wars.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Let me know how you like Undertale, when you do get to it. Iā€™ve not been shy about my disappointment with the game and quit it after a few hours. Most of its fans do say that it really needs to be played through to the end to appreciate and even then, multiple playthroughs. I couldnā€™t catch on to the game after its opening few sections and just couldnā€™t see what the fuss was all about. Perhaps I was expecting something unreasonable given the gameā€™s notorious cult status.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Will do. I'll be honest, it's cult status wasn't something I was hugely aware of, not until recently at least. I wasn't gonna get it, I was gonna keep watching the YouTube playthrough I found, but it was only Ā£11 and some change and I thought, "Well, why not?"

Now that you mention it, however, I do recall you describing your disappointment in the past (took me a couple seconds, though; all these pixel-art indies blend together in my brain, so I had it confused with Dead Cells, which you reviewed alongside Jedi: Fallen Order earlier in the year). I have a feeling that I'll see it through, but emerge with similar thoughts to you. I rarely "get" these universally-acclaimed games anyway, even if I can understand how others do.

And, as Final Fantasy VII recently proved, I'm more than capable of blasting a classic!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Itā€™s an interesting game Undertale and one I didnā€™t quite complete (I had it on my MacBook and used to play it on my night shifts).

Iā€™ve thought about picking it up on PS4 as I struggled playing it using only a keyboard, especially in some battles.

I look forward to seeing what you think of the game and itā€™s unusual ā€œcombatā€ mechanics!

Thrillho

Thrillho

Personally, I finally picked up TLOU2 now itā€™s come down in price for the Black Friday sale.

Looking forward to it even if I think I recently saw some spoilers for the ending after all this time without knowing anything about the game other story wise.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I played Undertale when it first released on PC, way before there were fans or it was a cult hit and personally I loved it. The style of humour is off the wall and the character design tends to edge really close towards what one might call ā€˜furryā€™ but the gameplayā€™s solid, the soundtrackā€™s amazing and thereā€™s heaps of charm in there. Itā€™s pretty heavily inspired by Earthbound so thereā€™s loads of Easter eggs in there too.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

The thing that surprised me most about Undertake was that;

I accidentally killed Toriel at the beginning of the game and reset and ended up getting quite a sinister scene where the game knows that you've done that!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yeah, I may have done that unknowingly the first time too! I think thatā€™s the moment I knew that the game was going to be something special.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I think itā€™s one of the most surprisingly sinister things Iā€™ve ever encountered in a game!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic