Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 4,206

Kidfried

Burnout Paradise. I need more brilliant arcade racers than release in a year, so picked this one up for an extra spin.

I'll play it in between those AC Origins sessions.

Kidfried

DerMeister

@KratosMD I have played it about two years ago. I enjoyed it as a first time player of the series, even though it did feel like a PS2 game at times. I got into the story quite a bit, and I liked the gameplay well enough. Lot of content too, but I didn't fully go through it all.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

@Kidfried Any early impressions of AC Origins?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@DerMeister Yakuza Zero is so much better than Kiwami which makes sense given that it came out much later.

Be prepared to lose days to the hostess mini-game!

Thrillho

TyrantTortuga

With the Day's of Play sale I purchased Detroit: Become Human, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, and Day's Gone.

I've been running through Spyro and the nostalgia is real. It's such a fun pallet cleanser and looks slick!

TyrantTortuga
Psn: codygraham22
Steam: TyrantTortuga

"The greatest teacher, failure is." - Yoda

Gamer83

Picked up my copy of Crash Team Racing. Just got a few races in and yeah it's still as much fun as I remember. There's a reason it's in my top 3 for this genre with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Diddy Kong Racing.

Gamer83

Gamer83

Just got back from the store with my copy of Judgment. Have today and tomorrow off from work so I'll be spending most that free time playing this.

Gamer83

kyleforrester87

I just impulse bought Bloodstained, not in love with the look of it to be honest but the reviews have been hot so we’ll see. I did think it’d be sub £20, mind you.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

carlos82

I went to the shop to buy CTR but instead picked up Kingdom Hearts 3. I've only played bits of the previous games and never understood or cared for the overriding story but always liked the concept.

@kyleforrester87 I bought that a few days ago but I really like the look of it, some areas definitely look much better than others but I'm a sucker for the Castlevania look. I've played for 3 or 4 hours and its definitely one of the best games I've played this year.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 sounds good - I do love the whole metroidvania thing (Axiom Verge is one of my favourite games) but I kinda got bored of Hollow Knight after initially enjoying it a lot. I’m not trusting my initial impressions of games recently lol

kyleforrester87

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 yeah Hollow Knight isn't one I stuck with, this though reminds me of Symphony of the Night in so many ways and there's more than a few nods to it

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 looking forward to giving it a go. As for KH, it’s always a series I’ve liked the idea of too but I’ve not managed to clear any of the main instalments lol. They are fun enough but also very WTF?

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah I like the look of Bloodstained too. Loved Axiom Verge as well, I do like a Metroidvania game now and again. Let us know how you get on!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

All Hollow Knight negativity is being noted and those users responsible are being added to The List.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Despite being here, there and everywhere the past three days, my partner and I managed to be near stable internet on Friday, just as Limited Run Games opened orders on their first couple of Star Wars retro releases. I managed to secure a copy of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4) Premium Edition and subsequently squee'd like a little girl.

Tagging @KALofKRYPTON because you made me aware of this (thank you!) and @JamieO because of our exchange in his Crash Team Racing retro review. Did you bite?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JamieO

@RogerRoger and @KALofKRYPTON Yes, mate, I well and truly took the limited release bait after their E3 2019 Showcase by not only ordering PS4 versions of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and Freedom Planet from Limited Run Games, but I also ended up heading over to Strictly Limited Games to order PS4 The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors.

I didn't try to buy region free Game Boy Star Wars from Limited Run, but I'm still interested in keeping my eye out for when The Empire Strikes Back gets a sealed card release, especially since the Game Boy is region free. Understandably, I will be taking a rest from buying limited release games for a little while now, though. On the other hand, I only went for the standard editions of each game.

I'm really pleased that you managed to find decent internet access to order the Premium Edition you wanted too, because when I saw your profile picture in the comments section for Crash Team Racing, I had a feeling that you would be looking forward to a physical PS4 copy of Bounty Hunter.
Nice one!

I am passionate about retro gaming, from antiquated consoles to the continuation of classics. Obviously I love PSone, and PS2 retro games. I blast my ears to breakneck melodic punk, gruff vocals and nimble alternative guitar hooks.

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@JamieO Neato; glad you managed to get the copies you wanted! Although I've had a curious peek and there seems to be plenty of Bounty Hunter left, yet the classic NES and GameBoy cartridges (in both standard and premium) have all sold out. Must've been that gorgeous retro action figure packaging they dreamed up for it; as soon as I saw that, I knew certain types of fans would be all over them.

I'll post pictures as / when it arrives. And yes, as you say, I think it's a good idea to take a step back and let the wallet recharge a little... especially since there's promise of The Empire Strikes Back for you and Racer Revenge for me at some point.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic