Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 4,206

Ralizah

Finally gave in and downloaded Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition in the recent sale.

Time to see what the fuss is about.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I really hope you enjoy it, but it's totally okay if you don't.

At least it'll look gorgeous regardless!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger @Frigate Yeah, I've gotten the sense it's a graphical showpiece of sorts, which is nice, I guess.

Anyway, I'll cast my preconceived notions about it aside and just let the game attempt to work its magic on me. This will also be my first modern AAA Western video game since Fallout 4 released in 2015!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Fair warning, I think the game drags a little bit in the second act. Of course some of that may have been my fault because I tried to do all the side quests and collectibles and found that when I moved on to the main story then it became quite a bit more interesting narrative-wise. Not the absolute best story ever conceived in a game, but a really solid one nonetheless. Also, I think the other thing that ramped up my enjoyment in the last third of the game was I experimented more with combat. I suggest trying out all the tools available and the combat becomes much more interesting (and more effective).

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution My experience was different to yours , I found the first act a bit more of a drag. With open world games i usually have a more balanced approach, mixing story missions with the side activities. I find this way you don't become too OP when doing story missions and you have a good variety of tasks to do.

I think i played The Witcher 3 similar to how you approached HZD, and found some of later missions were slightly ruined as they were either too easy or ended getting scant reward as my level was too high, so the xp was very low and the items i recieved were rubbish.

I agree with experimenting with all the weapons, some of the later machines you kinda have work out which is the best one to use against em. I like the weapon which blasts pats of the machines armour off, very useful against the larger machines encountered.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I definitely tried to clear each section of the map before moving on and it was just too much. I got the map function that shows all the collectibles early, so it was just too much of a temptation to clear the icons. Later on I finally figured out that I needed to focus more on the story missions. But I think the story also kinda drags in the middle. You spend a long time running around not really understanding what your ‘focus device’ really is and why the world is what it is. When it finally starts to propel forward and you see the big picture better, then the story really inspired me to keep on the main missions.
But I also recall that there were several times when I had to traverse huge sections of the map to get to the next story point, and along the way obviously you’re gonna have to fight enemies as you go (unless you run way from all of them) and so you just naturally level up, and then by the time you get all the way across that section to the main mission marker you’re already overleveled for the enemies that are actually in the main mission. So some of the the random enemies are actually harder than the main mission enemies. At least that was my experience in the mid-game. Then all of a sudden I felt a difficulty spike at about 2/3 of the way through the game and it became really fun because I was forced to use all the traps, rope-casters (for those awful flying enemies), tear ammo, bombs, etc. instead of being able to just easily melee everyone with the spear.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

I maybe a sucker for punishment but I nabbed Mass Effect Andromeda in the latest sale on the ps store. I played a bit of the demo and quite liked it but didn't fancy paying 18 quid for it. Glad I waited for a bit as it was only a fiver in the sale!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

R1spam

@JohnnyShoulder I've done the same after playing the original trilogy for the first time recently. Going in with tempered expectations but still looking forward to returning to the ME world. I bought inquisition ina sale too recently with one of the dlc for a fiver. Going for a bioware buffet

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

JohnnyShoulder

@R1spam Seems we have a mini Andromeda renaissance going on here!

Hope you have a better time with Inquisition than I did, wasn't too fussed on it.

Th3solution

For Days of Play sale my big purchase was that I went ahead and bought another year of PS Plus to stack onto my subscription. It hurts to drop $40 for something I wouldn’t need to renew for another 8 months, but now I’m set for a long time. This will get my PS Plus sub well into next gen. and I don’t have to worry about it. Last year when I was getting close to my subscription expiring I started to sweat waiting for a sale because I hate spending money on something and then seeing it on sale a short while later. So since I know it never goes less than $40 for a year and - heck, with PS5 soon I wouldn’t be surprised if the base price goes up from $60, it’s worth it to invest now and when everyone starts whining about how awful PS Plus is and what a horrible value it is then I’ll just sit back and smirk.

Gremio108

"getting close to my subscription expiring I started to sweat waiting for a sale because I hate spending money on something and then seeing it on sale a short while later"

Exactly the game I'm playing at the moment. Mine's getting close.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Frigate @Gremio108 Sale ends in 2 days so you have time to snag the renewal on the cheap. Next predictable sale on Plus memberships will probably be Black Friday time frame. Otherwise its always random when it might happen and I can’t guarantee that your conscience will prick my aura and subconsciously motivate me to post a reminder at that time.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder For sure. That’s less than 3 months away. It won’t go on sale again before then, I’d bet. And by renewing now you save $20 over renewing later. That’s one full game you can purchase with that money. Or a trip to the movies with you best partner and a large popcorn with two sodas.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, renewal time, unless you're stretched this month. I think I'm going to renew

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It's 'only' a £15 saving here in the UK, reduced from £49 to £34. It seems that you guys received bigger discounts that us. Boooooo.

Hmmmm, I have bought a few things recently so not sure if I can afford it this month. I usually shop around when i wanna renew and don't I have ever paid full whack for ps+.

I think there might be another offer before mine expires, even if it is one of those buy 12 months and get 15 or something. Feel free to tell me that I suck if nothing comes up! 😂

Thanks for advice though, it is appreciated and @Gremio108.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

klky

PS4 Days of Play Limited Edition
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Mortal Kombat 11
Red Dead Redemption 2

klky

DerMeister

I had some extra money, so I decided to take another dive into Yakuza with 0 and Kiwami 2. Both were $50 combined, so I'm happy.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Gamer83

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I like it a lot so far.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic