Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 6,261 to 6,280 of 6,461

Ralizah

@Fight_Teza_Fight It's hard to shake the feeling that Valkyria Chronicles 4 (which was designed as a companion piece to the original, btw; same war, different perspective) didn't sell as well as SEGA wanted. Which is a shame, because, for me, at least, it took what worked in the original and improved it significantly with some revamped elements. It was my 2018 GOTY, easily.

Before that, they dabbled in truncated handheld entries (one of which was never even officially localized) and weird spinoffs that nobody wanted.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

Final Fantasy 7 Remake continues to amaze me. Does it stay that strong all the way through?

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried I've always maintained that an experience that is 95% amazing can't be ruined by the last 5% being bad or underwhelming.

FF7R really put that belief to the test for me.

Still probably my favorite game from 2020, though. I really need to grab the new version with the Yuffie expansion.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KilloWertz

@Kidfried I loved it from start to finish enough to play it on the PS4 and then again when the PS5 version came out.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Thrillho

@Kidfried Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! It does have some weird moments and the final chapter is very divisive but I loved it overall and have played through it three times which is unheard of for me these days.

I will use the chance to make the same post I make every few months and say hard mode is where the game really shined for me as it forces you to use all the combat mechanics in the game. On my first run, I pretty much stuck to using Cloud with the occasional input from others but Hard mode makes you utilise every character and really think about how to beat fights.

The DLC is fine but I wasn’t overly impressed with it to be honest.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah I might be wrong, but I think the expansion is only on PS5.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

The Sims 4
I built new houses again.

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

Had a spare hour after work this evening. So made a start on The Surge 2 and all things considered it seems good so far. Combat is really quite nice, considering I’ve barely scratched the surface as of yet… special mention to the directional parry which works well.

The major takeaway though, if you’re gonna play it boosted on PS5 play it Quality mode as Performance mode as the latter looked bloody awful. Pretty sure that the Quality mode still runs at 60 fps when boosted on PS5 anyway.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

A little update on The Surge 2… about 3 hours in now and really liking it. The combat is so much faster than the original. So much so that I thought it was a little too ‘floaty’ initially… but it’s starting to click. Really enjoyed the level design of the Port Nixon area and the Little Johnny boss fight was class, better than all of the first games bosses combined.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Started playing Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China. I've had the trilogy pack in my backlog for probably 7-8 years now so it feels great to finally play through these games. I also haven't played an Assassin's Creed game in quite some time now and there aren't many left for me to play. Even though the Chronicles titles are 2.5D games, they still feel like AC. I'm having a blast playing through China and it's interesting exploring these different settings. Looking forward to playing more soon!

LtSarge

HallowMoonshadow

I haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 5 on PS2 but all those trailers for Tekken 8 has really impressed me and so I decided to give Tekken 7 a shot.

It's ridiculously light on single player content with the arcade mode not having character endings and only a measly 5 battles to it as well.

Haven't touched the actual story mode yet but I've spent quite a bit of time doing "treasure battles" and worked my way up to 4th Dan already with one character.

... And not with a character I was expecting either.

Hwoarang, Eddie, King and especially Yoshimitsu were favourites to play as from previous games (Not that I was any good at them).

But I ended up trying a new character Katarina Alves and goddamn I'm just gelling so much with her Savate fighting style. Her kicks are absolutely devestating and I find she's pretty easy for a newcomer to use.

Really hope she makes the jump to Tekken 8.

... Also why is Lucky Chloë a thing? You have Cyborgs, Ninjas, Robots, The Misihma family and demonic bloodlines, Assassins and all sorts... And then a very "Kawaii" blonde streamer idol girl or something? Like what?!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

Made a start (like an hour max) on Diablo 3 this evening and it was fun fair play. I did try the game back about 5 years ago and it just didn’t click… but I think it’ll be different this time. It might be a change in my mood… or the change in character class maybe, either way it’s a good sign.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Kidfried

I know I've already shared my adoration for Final Fantasy VII Remake in threads on this forum multiple times already in the previous weeks, but this game is so incredibly good and keeps getting better and better that it's almost obscene.

How were they able to completely catch that 90s fantasy RPG magic into an otherwise modern game so well is just beyond me. I feel giddy playing, like I'm 7 years old again, playing my first RPG. Magic, pure pure magic.

(Chapter 17 right now, by the way)

Kidfried

KilloWertz

@Kidfried Really happy to see that you are continuing to have a great time with the game as it was a fantastic experience both times I played it. It'll be interesting to see what you think about the ending, as it's obviously divisive. I actually didn't mind the ending at all, although the PS5 version's extended ending is better. I hope it ends up being the complete experience from beginning to end like it was for me.

nomither6

playing the Xdefiant beta on PC , really cant stress enough how great the dualsense controller is, literally the best video game controller ive ever used in my life. i tried the xbox controller first & it just wasnt as convenient or comfortable, crazy $ony is the go-to controller for shooters now. i use the dualsense honestly for every game i play that doesn't have mandatory xbox controller inputs or is an xbox game.

i kinda got off topic because its about games were playing, but god damn the dualsense is so good!!!!

nomither6

MaulTsir

@Kidfried I like you loved the Remake, I think they did all of the characters justice, the gameplay and the visuals where amazing and I liked what they did with the story. I loved the original but I believe that Nostalgia sometimes holds us back. Heck I'm just going to say it I like the new one more than the original, There I said it!

MaulTsir

Kidfried

@MaulTsir I would definitely recommend Final Fantasy VII Remake over playing the original to new gamers. I think it perfectly captures anything that's great from the first part of that game, and improves on it as well.
(I don't really like saying that, because in general I'm someone who really loves all those great video game classics. I think some of the best game experiences you can have today are found on the SNES. But FF7 might be that rare case of the remake being superior.)

Kidfried

KilloWertz

@Kidfried Shhhh, don't tell too many people that. You will ruin their childhood memories.

I can't actually give my opinion on which one I prefer as I never finished the original while finishing the remake twice, but I have my doubts I would like the original more. I wouldn't mind actually going back and playing the original again and actually finishing it, but it's low on my priority list given everything else I have to play.

Kidfried

@KilloWertz The port is easily available, though!

I didn't finish FF7 either, I must confess. Though I did play through everything FF7 Remaster covers. So my opinion is definitely somewhat uninformed.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic